• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9 Decade MLB Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a minority, I was going to chime in here, but I deleted all my comments as it really won't accomplish much.

I will say this though, unless you have been discriminated against, for any particular reason, you wouldn't understand the ramifications of what Trump's rhetoric has on the millions of Americans who he rallied against.

Let's put it this way. If Mitt Romney was running in this election against Hillary, I would have voted for Romney. But I couldn't in good conscience vote for a man who says "America first" but doesn't care about and even insults large segments of Americans. So it's not about Hillary. It's not about a liberal/democrat view. It's not even about social issues like abortion or gay marriage. It's about being able to look my daughter in the eye and say "one day, someone will value you as a whole person and not think you are beneath them because of your gender or ethnicity". How can I do that when the visual representation of your country tells you otherwise?

The divide here is that one person's values, gender, ethnicity or socio-economic standing makes them better than another person. It does not. My opinion and values are not better than yours. Likewise, yours are not better than mine. Finding a way to bridge these gaps is the only way to prosper as a society and a country.

Honestly IMO it's foolish to think somehow Trump is racist or is against women and Hillary isn't, if anything she is the racist while Trump isn't. You can find pictures of Trump with all kinds of prominent black folks in this country and he was never accused of being racist until he ran against the liberal machine. I don't like that any person in a position of power would have feelings of bigotry or racism but to blame Trump who is open and honest to a fault while celebrating Hillary whos actions shows she has narrow minded views is silly. After all what has Hillary ever done for people of color or women in this country? Not a damn thing.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness its a war they cant afford either, thankfully...
100%...BUT....and this is where she is clueless.....they are not afraid of us. They don't want a war, but she isn't going to back them down with big talk
It reminds me of the arrogant way Obama talked about ISIS before they pissed on his face
Bottom line...you don't pull a gun if you have no intention pulling the trigger

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but you do have to admit a hard immigration stance like trumps gives racists ammo. They generally have a hard time believing anyone not like them are citizens already, but this will justify their hatred even more.

For sure his immigration stance would draw in racist people. I am objecting to the stance that voting Trump means you are a racist. I think most of his votes came from a promise to upset the status quo, not from racism.

The ideal would be for someone who was not a lunatic try to shake it up, but that did not happen. I can guarantee you that rural working class won't be an after thought in future elections. From either side.

I completely understand feeling uneasy if tou are a minority or lbgt, Trump has the potential to do a lot of damage.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly IMO it's foolish to think somehow Trump is racist or is against women and Hillary isn't, if anything she is the racist while Trump isn't. You can find pictures of Trump with all kinds of prominent black folks in this country and he was never accused of being racist until he ran against the liberal machine. I don't like that any person in a position of power would have feelings of bigotry or racism but to blame Trump who is open and honest to a fault while celebrating Hillary whos actions shows she has narrow minded views is silly. After all what has Hillary ever done for people of color or women in this country? Not a damn thing.

Not wanting to get in a full out debate here, but will address a few things:

1) You're using the "I have black friends, I'm not racist" argument.

2) I'm not proclaiming Trump to be an outright racist. I don't know the man personally, and would never proclaim such a heavy thing on someone without having a first hand account. However when he does make comments on a national scale about such things, discrediting women's claims because of their looks, and saying Mexicans are rapists and Muslims need to be shipped out, that sets a kind of hostile tone, don't you think? It may not if you're a White Male, but might you understand why it might make people uncomfortable if you're not?

3) Being open and honest is one thing. It's a completely different thing to degrade individuals based on their appearance or gender. Coming from a person who's sole job is to look after the people he's degrading.

4) You're mistaking me not supporting Trump for supporting Hillary. I do not. I think she was a terrible candidate. But you cannot gloss over Trump's comments like they don't hold any weight to people who they affect. Because it doesn't affect you, you don't see the big deal about it.

My views are consistent. Every American citizen should be given the ability to thrive without being marginalized. That's why the rural vote got out this time like you said. They felt marginalized. Well marginalizing another subsection just to prop another up is just redundancy. That's not progress.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure his immigration stance would draw in racist people. I am objecting to the stance that voting Trump means you are a racist. I think most of his votes came from a promise to upset the status quo, not from racism.

The ideal would be for someone who was not a lunatic try to shake it up, but that did not happen. I can guarantee you that rural working class won't be an after thought in future elections. From either side.

I completely understand feeling uneasy if tou are a minority or lbgt, Trump has the potential to do a lot of damage.

I agree with you 100%

Voting Trump does not mean you are a racist or bigot. I saw an interview with a Doctor who said he didn't agree with Trump's rhetoric, but was voting for him to repeal Obamacare because it affected his clients and his practice.

There are a large majority of people who voted with Trump because of party affiliation, views on social aspects and economic policies.

There are however people that voted Trump because they did think he was a racist and bigot though. But I don't believe it was significantly more than who would have voted for Romney or McCain to oppose Obama out of spite. The racist vote is out there, but it is heightened because of all the things Trump has said.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems crazy to me, so what your saying is since whites who live in rural areas vote for the white guy it has to be racism it cant be they are and have nearly always leaned to the right? What % of blacks do you think voted for Mitt Romney?

This is where I agree... it was straight racism that had people voted for Obama because he was Black... I think what I'm not being clear about is that I don't blame people who voted for a White guy because he was White... my point was I understood just like Obama 2012 I understood... Obama, BLM, Isis, Mexicans was shit that got those White voters that didn't vote against Obama to get up and handle business this year... I remember during the primaries Trump talking about record breaking votes and he was winning them... it wasn't oh it's the same people as usual, it was pissed off White people... me saying they wanted a White man in the Whitehouse wasn't an indictment, it was an observation...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) I'm not proclaiming Trump to be an outright racist. I don't know the man personally, and would never proclaim such a heavy thing on someone without having a first hand account. However when he does make comments on a national scale about such things, discrediting women's claims because of their looks, and saying Mexicans are rapists and Muslims need to be shipped out, that sets a kind of hostile tone, don't you think? It may not if you're a White Male, but might you understand why it might make people uncomfortable if you're not?

3) Being open and honest is one thing. It's a completely different thing to degrade individuals based on their appearance or gender. Coming from a person who's sole job is to look after the people he's degrading.

4) You're mistaking me not supporting Trump for supporting Hillary. I do not. I think she was a terrible candidate. But you cannot gloss over Trump's comments like they don't hold any weight to people who they affect. Because it doesn't affect you, you don't see the big deal about it.

My views are consistent. Every American citizen should be given the ability to thrive without being marginalized. That's why the rural vote got out this time like you said. They felt marginalized. Well marginalizing another subsection just to prop another up is just redundancy. That's not progress.

1. No i'm not at all. I'm using the actions speak louder than words argument, we have become a nation of its not my fault thinking, everything that's wrong in life is someone elses fault, someone doesn't like me because I'm a minority or I'm a woman, I just find that ridiculous and I'm not the one who brought up Trump being a racist or a bigot, I just pointed out Hillary's actions have shown she is far more likely to be.

2. Would you rather have someone tell you they have an issue with you no matter what it is or would you rather they kept it to themselves and just fucked you while you weren't looking? Did Trump say some ridiculous things? Of course he did but let's see what he does, he certainly isn't gonna be any more racist than the outgoing POTUS. Another thing, he DID NOT say all Mexicans are rapists and all Muslims need to get out, this is what bothers me, he said the people that are coming into this country illegally contain rapists and murders, which is 100% Fact! He also did not say ALL Muslims have to get out, he said ILLEGAL Muslims have to get out, HUGE difference.

4. Who said I glossed over his comments? I surely didn't. Again, lets see what he does, he said he wants to make America a better place for all it's citizens not just the white ones. Actions to me again speak louder than words.

I think every American wants to live in a country where all people have opportunity. I know I want that, I don't know anything about you and you don't know me but if you did you would understand I love people and I personally would like nothing better than to see all people be happy, healthy and successful and I honestly don't appreciate you thinking that since i'm not black, or latino or gay or a woman that I don't really care what happens to other Americans simply because it doesn't affect me? How do you know it doesn't?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get your point on Nos saying he isn't a racist...
When I was a kid, I lost my home to fire, and we moved to the city. I spent a couple of years at Booker T Washington before moving to Texas and going to Longview. BTW was 90% AA, Longview about 40%. I really never saw color. My friends were usually other athletes or guys I had something in common with. Never used the N word. I've never considered myself a racist
All that said, I do get offended by guys like Kaep protesting the National Anthem. Not because he's black, but because I consider it an insult to the men and women who died for that flag and provided him a country where he could be a multi millionaire because he can throw a damn football. I also get offended by Black Lives Matter shirts, not because I don't think their lives matter, but because I see it as an insult to the hundreds of thousands of police officers who risk their lives every day while earning about as much in 5 years as some NFL QB's make in a week...seriously. I am 100% for racial and gender equality, but not at the expense of Vets and Cops. If someone says that makes me a racist, I respectfully say... Kettle

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every American wants to live in a country where all people have opportunity. I know I want that, I don't know anything about you and you don't know me but if you did you would understand I love people and I personally would like nothing better than to see all people be happy, healthy and successful and I honestly don't appreciate you thinking that since i'm not black, or latino or gay or a woman that I don't really care what happens to other Americans simply because it doesn't affect me? How do you know it doesn't?

You're completely right. I apologize if I implied(or flat out stated) that you somehow did not. I was out of line there and was making a generalization about the climate but somehow it reflected back to you. Again my apologies.

My premise is that Trump created an unnecessary divide. Much of his dialogue was completely out of line and on top of that unnecessary to his point. The rural vote was ready to get out there. If I'm to believe you and the vote wasn't racist, then that vote was coming out regardless. Degrading other fellow citizens just to emphasize talking points is dangerous.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I know it's long as hell but I was going to post this in the political board before I said fuck it they don't want to discuss things they want to make fun of liberals... and since I love you guys like gay uncles and play cousins here it is... my honest observation...

I want to be clear I'm not a Hillary supporter... I'm somewhat relieved she lost, I'm somewhat intrigued Trump won... The way both handled last night is a great example of what gives me problems with both... On one hand, she sends out her campaign chair to say go home we'll figure this out... Then she calls Trump to concede... Even if she was going to wait until today to give her speech at least SHE should have said that to her people, then to wait until almost 12:00pm to speak is disrespectful IMO... Trump comes out last night and rambles about I don't know what the hell he's even saying he's doing for this country... What is his plan...? He has made promises with no real explanation of how he will deliver... And while he's rambling someone from his support group yells "kill Obama", and he just rolls right past it... Make no mistake, White people came out to show what the "majority" means... Trump won this election basically on the White vote... White people were tired of Obama, BLM, Kap, Muslims, Mexicans and they went out and made it happen... That's not to say they are all racist, but some of them are... The irony is they are playing the "victim card" while expressing their hatred for this "victim mentality"... In the end, I hope Trump does what he's supposedly there to do... The economy needs to continue to grow... I hope my insurance goes down because it's ridiculous, however I'm hopeful it doesn't effect people negatively in terms of care... I'd gladly continue to pay higher rates if it saves lives... Lastly, it's hard to understand the notion that the people have spoken when the words they have said were Hillary should be president... Until the electoral college is abandoned, until 3rd parties are viable options and until we all become more understanding of the differences we have as people, America will always be deeply divided...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get your point on Nos saying he isn't a racist...
When I was a kid, I lost my home to fire, and we moved to the city. I spent a couple of years at Booker T Washington before moving to Texas and going to Longview. BTW was 90% AA, Longview about 40%. I really never saw color. My friends were usually other athletes or guys I had something in common with. Never used the N word. I've never considered myself a racist
All that said, I do get offended by guys like Kaep protesting the National Anthem. Not because he's black, but because I consider it an insult to the men and women who died for that flag and provided him a country where he could be a multi millionaire because he can throw a damn football. I also get offended by Black Lives Matter shirts, not because I don't think their lives matter, but because I see it as an insult to the hundreds of thousands of police officers who risk their lives every day while earning about as much in 5 years as some NFL QB's make in a week...seriously. I am 100% for racial and gender equality, but not at the expense of Vets and Cops. If someone says that makes me a racist, I respectfully say... Kettle

Sorry didn't follow you on the part about Nos. But for the other part I will say while we disagree on a few things, our premise is exactly the same. Do not prop another group up at the expense of others. That is what's causing this divide. Trump could have made an ideal candidate for me, had he not gone on ridiculous tangents that had no bearings towards his actual policies and structures in place when he took the Presidency. My issue with him is that he occupies the highest position in the country and cannot, or will not, relate to anyone who does not completely agree with him. This country is founded on many different values and opinions and again both of our premises share that one group should not be propped up over another.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly don't believe he is racist, but I don't know either way... I know what he did was prey on the fears and racist beliefs of some of his voters... but undoubtedly she had issues... she did come with "super predators" and her husband had a huge hand in mass incarceration... again, I'm not team Hillary, I just felt she was a safer option until 2020... we'll see what happens...:noidea:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White people were tired of Obama, BLM, Kap, Muslims, Mexicans and they went out and made it happen... That's not to say they are all racist, but some of them are

Just a quick response to this if it's ok? I don't think ONLY white people are tired of Obama, BLM or Kaep. I think people of all races are/were tired of the way Obama was leading, tired of seeing BLM be treated like it was anything other that a racist hate group and tired of seeing a whiney little bitch who never had anything to say until he wasn't in the public eye any longer, the guy was adopted by a white couple and had a pretty good upbringing from everything I have seen about him and he was also fined for calling someone the N word during a game but now all of a sudden he knows the struggle? I have no problem with him or any other player standing up for what they believe in but do it on your own time, not when you are at work! Volunteer your time and money to what you believe in that would do much more good than simply taking a knee.

I don't think "White America" is tired of Muslims or Mexicans it's tired of them being here ILLEGALLY.

Lastly, there is racism amongst every race, not just whites against blacks, but it doesn't sell to talk about that only white on black hate somehow matters.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White people were tired of Obama, BLM, Kap, Muslims, Mexicans and they went out and made it happen... That's not to say they are all racist, but some of them are

Just a quick response to this if it's ok? I don't think ONLY white people are tired of Obama, BLM or Kaep. I think people of all races are/were tired of the way Obama was leading, tired of seeing BLM be treated like it was anything other that a racist hate group and tired of seeing a whiney little bitch who never had anything to say until he wasn't in the public eye any longer, the guy was adopted by a white couple and had a pretty good upbringing from everything I have seen about him and he was also fined for calling someone the N word during a game but now all of a sudden he knows the struggle? I have no problem with him or any other player standing up for what they believe in but do it on your own time, not when you are at work! Volunteer your time and money to what you believe in that would do much more good than simply taking a knee.

I don't think "White America" is tired of Muslims or Mexicans it's tired of them being here ILLEGALLY.

Lastly, there is racism amongst every race, not just whites against blacks, but it doesn't sell to talk about that only white on black hate somehow matters.

A week ago, we would have had a lengthy argument about Kap.

Today, completely agree with you. He chose not to vote, so basically he doesn't get to protest shit anymore. You have a chance to make a difference, and ENCOURAGE people to vote, but instead you want to oppress the system and not exercise your given right which your ancestors died for? That's not how change works buddy.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard from a friend that I trust that the reason Hillary sent her supporters home was because the room they were in was booked for something else early this morning and they told her that they needed the room to be cleared by 2am to clean it and set up for the next event. Hillary thought she would have won the election well before then and got panicked when the election went the way it did. They also thought that if Hillary came out and spoke, people would hang around longer.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit I forgot we have a draft going here, lolzzz Guess I better get to updating everything, i'm gonna run to the store real quick be back in about 45 mins