• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future MBBRL off-season rules

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes , @YourFriendGannon , @broncosmitty , @molsaniceman , @Shanemansj13 , @Yellow Fuzzies , @Chef99 , @Yellow Fuzzies , @Stakesarehigh @catman , @jwolt92 , @bksballer89

These rules are not yet set in stone... they are meant to be discussed and amended.... and if anyone has a rule that they want to propose, this is where to do it...

rule 1-

the off-season roster restrictions DEADLINE FEB 1st(NOT SET IN STONE, BUT WANT TO MAKE A DATE THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE)

During the off-season, you may make TRADES and drop players, but you may not ADD any player.

no IR PLAYERS AT ALL, all IR players are sent to the bench, we increase the bench from 9 to 14 players
players not eligible to be minor leaguers anymore must be put on bench

Draft will start MARCH 1st

During the Draft we will raise the total bench players to 15.
there are 8 rounds of the draft... but you only have the room that you create.... for example, after the FEB1 deadline, if you have 8 Minor leaguers and 12 bench players that gives you 3 bench players and 4 Minor leaguers that you have to take during the draft... for a total of 7 players... so you would need to make AT MOST 7 picks...

AFTER THE DRAFT you have until the first roster lock, to be a legal lineup

that is 9 player bench and 5 IR, and 12 ML

Penalty of missing any deadline is TBD

Rule 2
adding a minor league player NOT THROUGH THE DRAFTING PROCESS

at end of season- all minor leaguers added during the season will be put on a list... player does not necessarily get released if on this list...

a) if the player is part of the REAL MLB draft of that year he is automatically released from your team- even if for some reason he makes it to the MLB
b) If an international player is added, he is automatically released if he was signed that year...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear... I'd like to talk about Alex Manoah.

Should he really be minor league eligible? Sure, he's actually in the minors, but he has nearly 400 innings in the majors.

I look at him on my roster and ask myself if I'm jumping through a loophole by stashing him.

What's the verdict?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should he really be minor league eligible? Sure, he's actually in the minors, but he has nearly 400 innings in the majors.

I look at him on my roster and ask myself if I'm jumping through a loophole by stashing him.

What's the verdict?

I feel like anyone in the minors at the beginning of the season is a minor leaguer. The big league club doesn't think he's worth a spot so you're taking a risk that he will figure it out and are holding a spot for him on your minors.

But thats me. I think it gets too convoluted worrying about service time and stuff. They're either in the minors or they aren't.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's the verdict?

Interesting issue. Not just him but all veterans who start the season in the minors.

I agree it feels like a loophole.

Maybe non rookies are not eligible as minor leaguers during the preseason.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's the verdict?
Did they send him down at the end of last season or something?

If he has options left he can certainly be a minor leaguer for Toronto. But I dont assume that will be for long.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b) If an international player is added, he is automatically released if he was signed that year...
I don't have any issues with the rules you've laid out here. I'm wondering if you can give an example of a player from a past season who would be affected by this rule?

Also in the main thread you wrote:

during our draft i was searching for some international players, who have a major league team, and i could not find them

Can you specify who you're talking about? Are these players in the majors, minors or both? I know someone mentioned that Cuban player who the Blue Jays signed this offseason not being in the database.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's the verdict?
He has options for 5 years after he makes it to the majors and he got demoted to the minors last August. Doesn't seem like a loophole to me.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has options for 5 years after he makes it to the majors and he got demoted to the minors last August. Doesn't seem like a loophole to me.

This

why are we trying to overcomplicate this

a major league team can send someone down but we can't?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. I just got "lucky". Someone dropped him when he was getting pummeled. I picked him up just before he was sent down. Kind of a freebie stash... for what, we shall see.

I agree there's no loophole here. Just wanted to clarify. The only other dynasty I've done had permanent thresholds (IP/AB) regardless of real-life status.

The milkian way is better

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good.