• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how is your team looking post FA

How is your team looking?

• Loving it!

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Just "Okay"

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • don't like it

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • "christ do we have a front office?"

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Potato Salad with bacon

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah Ya. Bears have the No.2 pick invested here. They will give Mitch every chance to succeed. Foles is plan B. And a decent plan B. Don't let your hate blind you.

That is my thought too, but that is one helluva expensive plan B. For $20 million a year, you could have signed Clowney to line up opposite of Mack, instead of trading for Foles.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 mil a first rounder and a fourth between the two QBs.

I thought Marriota made the most sense to bring in personally. No need to lose a pick.

If that was my teams FO bringing in Foles or a Marriota, I'd be worried that they think Tribs isn't anywhere close to what they had hoped and paid a hefty price to get him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah Ya. Bears have the No.2 pick invested here. They will give Mitch every chance to succeed. Foles is plan B. And a decent plan B. Don't let your hate blind you.
Hate? Why would I hate Trubisky? Just because he sucks isn't a reason to hate him. He has already been given every chance to succeed and failed

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was my teams FO bringing in Foles or a Marriota, I'd be worried that they think Tribs isn't anywhere close to what they had hoped and paid a hefty price to get him.
I've never looked at Foles as the answer, anywhere, as a starter personally.

But I do look at him as the most prepared man in tNFL to enter a game off the bench, or take on the role midseason. Fitz prolly being second. (Totally different type of QB though.). Mental preparation and his ego. (Nice bonus for Chicago, motivation for Foles. His contract can end after this season.)

I think Marriota's game is very similar to Mitch. Seemed like an easy transition between the two. But Foles is kinda the same mold.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put up or shut up???? What am I supposed to put up?

If it makes Bears fans feel better -- we paid $13 million for a backup QB, who we will still lose every game with if Stafford goes down and like $50 million for a swing OT.

And Darrell Bevell is calling plays now. The offense looked really good until Stafford went down. The defense, on the other hand, is.......not good.

Yes, you went last place the last two years and Chicago has beaten you in this same time frame. Sure Stafford got hurt but you won 3 games.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you went last place the last two years and Chicago has beaten you in this same time frame. Sure Stafford got hurt but you won 3 games.
3 games Stafford starred. He went 3-4-1 last year.

8 straight losses without him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a typical off season for the Pats.

Sure they waited out the first rounds of FA like they always do. Brought in some versatile players on the cheap. Kind of guys BB likes. That was normal.

Lost a handful of FAs who will become comp picks next year. Normal.

Brought Hoyer back. Normal.

Bringing in a kicker. Normal.

Not so normal, they didn't loose a majority of their coaches. Abnormal.

Scar retired again. Normal.

Oh yeah and some guy name TB12 left for greener pastures.

Overall, meh pretty typical year for NE with less controversy. See you in the playoffs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a typical off season for the Pats.

Sure they waited out the first rounds of FA like they always do. Brought in some versatile players on the cheap. Kind of guys BB likes. That was normal.

Lost a handful of FAs who will become comp picks next year. Normal.

Brought Hoyer back. Normal.

Bringing in a kicker. Normal.

Not so normal, they didn't loose a majority of their coaches. Abnormal.

Scar retired again. Normal.

Oh yeah and some guy name TB12 left for greener pastures.

Overall, meh pretty typical year for NE with less controversy. See you in the playoffs.
Bringing in a kicker is pretty abnormal for you guys.

SG had been there a long assed time. He might be the only kicker ever to receive a franchise tag. Idk only one I remember.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing in a kicker is pretty abnormal for you guys.

SG had been there a long assed time. He might be the only kicker ever to receive a franchise tag. Idk only one I remember.

I use punter and kicker as one in the same. NE has had guys come in, none could win the job away from G-Ski. Except 2010 when Shayne Graham replaced him due to injury.

BB has found studs in the kicking and for the most part punting game going mostly with a left footed punter because the ball comes off differently.

Good luck G-Ski you'll be missed. See you in Canton.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate? Why would I hate Trubisky? Just because he sucks isn't a reason to hate him. He has already been given every chance to succeed and failed
He failed last year on a team with no TE, run game, horrible Oline, shit play calling. He deserves a real shot. The GM that drafted him has not given up. He will get one more shot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold it's his when you trade for a pricey QB. If it is his, why would your GM trade make that kind of trade?
If Mitch chokes we have a good plan B. Every team needs a solid back up. We feel with this defense that we can win with average QB play and we got 2 shots at that now. I'm not saying I like the move but I get it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are basing your success on the Lions, you have some serious issues. We have ONE playoff win in the past 60 years.
So uhhhhhh, congrats.:scratch:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He failed last year on a team with no TE, run game, horrible Oline, shit play calling. He deserves a real shot. The GM that drafted him has not given up. He will get one more shot.

IMO it should be an open competition. If Foles beats him out in a fair competition that is a real bad sign for his ability to be an NFL QB. In a perfect world for the Bears Foles is a backup and Trubisky beats him out and earns the job on the field and not because of his draft status. The best role for Foles is backup because that is what he is best at - the hope for lightning in a bottle. But, it seems clear that the Chicago brass are less enamored with Trubs than in the past and for good reason.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

after all this, you're still swingin' of Tribs nut sack? Why?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after all this, you're still swingin' of Tribs nut sack? Why?

Hope. Hope that all the draft capital they gave up to get Tribs works out or it becomes a massive misfire on the FO that should result in firings and set the franchise back several years and wasted a top defense.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll feel better after the draft.

I'm hoping to also....So far we traded for a couple good players on the D but lost several too, lost the leader on our oline Yanda and a couple others....
2nd round pick TE Hayden Hurst and a few others...
Right now they have some major holes to fill....I was hoping to pick up Matthews but don't think they have the cap for him...So it's off to the draft unless they trade Judon and his franchise tag.....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Bill O'Brien resides in Houston, I don't have a fucking team.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to make of the Bengals. Still in shock at the money they've spent.

Past 5 years, they've paid out just under $50M for free agents (not re-signing their own).

This year alone, they've shelled out $127M - and I really like their pickups - the DT, 2 starting caliber CB's, and a starting Safety.

Still really need help along the OL and at LB - but - I'm impressed that they've actually spent money. Makes me wonder if Mike Brown actually died, and they're just pulling a weekend at Bernie's to improve his status before announcing his death...LOL

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good but we need another Pass rusher.

I like things with Clowney but worried a bit because of him not being signed.