• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how is your team looking post FA

How is your team looking?

• Loving it!

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Just "Okay"

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • don't like it

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • "christ do we have a front office?"

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Potato Salad with bacon

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers more or less still have the same needs in the draft but have contingency players if/when they can't fill them all.

Love Ebron as a No. 2 TE.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost: NT Javon Hargrave, OG BJ Finney, S Sean Davis, TE Nick Vannett, LB Tyler Matakevich, CB Artie Burns

Tagged: OLB Bud Dupree

Signed: TE Eric Ebron, G Stephen Wisniewski, FB Derek Watt

Resigned: OT Zach Banner, S Jordan Dangerfield, LS Kam Canaday

Tendered RFAs: CB Mike Hilton, OL Matt Feiler

Traded: Gave a 2021 5th Rd pick to the Ravens for DE Chris Wormley & a 2021 7th Rd pick.

No big losses other than Hargrave, so no moves of desperation were needed. Considering the shoestring budget they had to work with, I'm fairly impressed what they've accomplished so far. FO had to go to work to free up some cap space to make all this happen. It's not flashy, but they tagged what could have been a huge loss to their pass rush (Dupree) and they brought in some depth pieces for insurance/contingency plans. I don't think it alters their draft plans much at all. Losing Finney hurts, but Wisniewski is a vet presence that could be considered a lateral move for the Steelers. Finney was starter material and proved himself many times, but he wasn't a polished product. They will likely address the OL in the draft. Signing Derek Watt addressed a need after their former FB Rosie Nix couldn't stay healthy. Ebron, if he can stay healthy, is a low risk high reward signing. Hopefully that works out. Wormley was a necessity, but given he's a former 3rd Rd pick I'm not exactly hoping for miracles other than a rotational depth piece.

I'm content with their FA so far. I'd be very worried if they lose Hilton or if Dupree holds out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost: NT Javon Hargrave, OG BJ Finney, S Sean Davis, TE Nick Vannett, LB Tyler Matakevich, CB Artie Burns

Tagged: OLB Bud Dupree

Signed: TE Eric Ebron, G Stephen Wisniewski, FB Derek Watt

Resigned: OT Zach Banner, S Jordan Dangerfield, LS Kam Canaday

Tendered RFAs: CB Mike Hilton, OL Matt Feiler

Traded: Gave a 2021 5th Rd pick to the Ravens for DE Chris Wormley & a 2021 7th Rd pick.

No big losses other than Hargrave, so no moves of desperation were needed. Considering the shoestring budget they had to work with, I'm fairly impressed what they've accomplished so far. FO had to go to work to free up some cap space to make all this happen. It's not flashy, but they tagged what could have been a huge loss to their pass rush (Dupree) and they brought in some depth pieces for insurance/contingency plans. I don't think it alters their draft plans much at all. Losing Finney hurts, but Wisniewski is a vet presence that could be considered a lateral move for the Steelers. Finney was starter material and proved himself many times, but he wasn't a polished product. They will likely address the OL in the draft. Signing Derek Watt addressed a need after their former FB Rosie Nix couldn't stay healthy. Ebron, if he can stay healthy, is a low risk high reward signing. Hopefully that works out. Wormley was a necessity, but given he's a former 3rd Rd pick I'm not exactly hoping for miracles other than a rotational depth piece.

I'm content with their FA so far. I'd be very worried if they lose Hilton or if Dupree holds out.

What does BJ Finney need to work on? Just curious

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass pro... He's great in the run game though. Road grader type. Got a nasty temperament too!
Sounds like similar skills as Ifedi. Can he remember a snap count?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers more or less still have the same needs in the draft but have contingency players if/when they can't fill them all.

Love Ebron as a No. 2 TE.

Great combo, just need 8 games a piece out of them.....

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams offense has lost a formerly great but now decent RB and they've brought back all of the players who made up 1 of the worst OL groups in the NFL. No additions. Small loss overall.

The defense has lost 2 very good starters, (Fowler and Littleton), above average Nickel Robey Coleman, average starter in Brockers, below average starters Matthews & Weddle. Added above average starter Floyd, and below average starter Robinson. Significant downgrade.

Rams have very little Draft capital and will go into camp with a 6 or 7 win projection.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I would say is Gurley that much of an upgrade considering his knee problems?
Well we will see but ill take my chances with a 25 year old with a higher ceiling for less money compared to a 28 year old with a lower ceiling for more money.

Its a crap shoot either way but if both are healthy youd certainly take Gurley

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles,,,,,,,,,,,upgraded
Quinn.........upgraded
Graham.........upgraded

Dix........gone(needs replaced)
Floyd.......gone(no biggies) and replaced
Long.....retired(needs replaced)

All 3 are big upgrades from what we had last season........

now if they draft an o-lineman and a db with our two 2nd rounders,I believe the Bears are back in business...........

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just here to see if any Texans fans are going full retard

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope its not post free agency yet

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like similar skills as Ifedi. Can he remember a snap count?

Cool! Hopefully he doesn't commit False starts every other snap.

He had a lot of good qualities about him. A tad inconsistent in pass pro was his only knock, but he was solid. He'll compete for the starting gig in Seattle for sure. He was a helluva luxurious depth piece to have, and I have no doubt that he'll be a solid starter if given the opportunity.

Here's a good game film reel of Finney as a full time starter at LG (#67) back in 2016:

This was when he put his name on the map for this team. A lot of people were concerned about Finney stepping in & holding up against the Bills stout front in that game, and he held his own. He was a stud in the RZ during that game. Also note the pass pro snaps... He tends to grapple a lot instead of focusing on hand placement & pad level. Granted this is his 2nd year as a pro, and one of his first few starts. He's come a long way since then, but the inconsistencies still present themselves.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we will see but ill take my chances with a 25 year old with a higher ceiling for less money compared to a 28 year old with a lower ceiling for more money.

Its a crap shoot either way but if both are healthy youd certainly take Gurley

Me personally I'd go and draft another RB but I see your point in hopes of Gurley being healthy.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a lot of good qualities about him. A tad inconsistent in pass pro was his only knock, but he was solid. He'll compete for the starting gig in Seattle for sure. He was a helluva luxurious depth piece to have, and I have no doubt that he'll be a solid starter if given the opportunity.

Here's a good game film reel of Finney as a full time starter at LG (#67) back in 2016:

This was when he put his name on the map for this team. A lot of people were concerned about Finney stepping in & holding up against the Bills stout front in that game, and he held his own. He was a stud in the RZ during that game. Also note the pass pro snaps... He tends to grapple a lot instead of focusing on hand placement & pad level. Granted this is his 2nd year as a pro, and one of his first few starts. He's come a long way since then, but the inconsistencies still present themselves.

I'd be happy with some inconsistencies over a false start machine and getting blown up at the line.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s just say we have a good shot to be the first 0-17 team in NFL history.