• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday was the first time I got to see a bit of Brad Kaaya, and I came away somewhat impressed. Made a lot of tough, NFL-type throws....held onto the ball a bit long, and I guess his O-line is average at best because he took a lot of sacks/hits, but he still held firm.

It's limited exposure for me, but I'd if pressed, I'd certainly take him over Watson. I'd probably lean towards Kaaya over Kizer as well....I'd like to see more of each.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thursday was the first time I got to see a bit of Brad Kaaya, and I came away somewhat impressed. Made a lot of tough, NFL-type throws....held onto the ball a bit long, and I guess his O-line is average at best because he took a lot of sacks/hits, but he still held firm.

It's limited exposure for me, but I'd if pressed, I'd certainly take him over Watson. I'd probably lean towards Kaaya over Kizer as well....I'd like to see more of each.

apparently, Mitch Trubiskey of North Carolina is beginning to get noticed. His completion percentage is 71%, and that is a good place to start.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, Mitch Trubiskey of North Carolina is beginning to get noticed. His completion percentage is 71%, and that is a good place to start.
Yup he was my sleeper pick at the start of the year. He might be this year Wentz, coming out of no where and becoming a Top 15 pick. I have #3 on my list. Kizer, Kaaya and Mitch and then Watson.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just a little side info: Miami vs ND this weekend. Kizer vs Kaaya. One of these guys can be our QB next year. take a look at this game and see who u might like better.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 2017 NFL draft is still months away, but the debate over who should be the first quarterback off the board next April has already begun.

Is it Clemson’s Deshaun Watson, a 2015 Heisman finalist who has had an up-and-down start to his 2016 campaign? Despite his early-season struggles, Watson has the Tigers rolling through the regular season undefeated for the second year in a row, and has the arm talent, poise and athleticism to be a dynamic player at the next level.

Notre Dame is trudging through a down year, but that won’t scare NFL teams away from quarterback DeShone Kizer. Despite coach Brian Kelly’s indecision regarding the starting spot under center this season, Kizer’s prototypical frame and natural physical talent will have scouts salivating throughout the predraft process, should he decide to make the early jump after this season.

Miami’s Brad Kaaya has a ton of experience and success under his belt despite being just a junior, while another ACC underclassman, North Carolina’s Mitch Trubisky, has been a hot name in recent weeks.

If your team needed a franchise signal-caller at the top of next year’s draft, which of these passers are you taking?

When someone starts describing top QB candidates starting with strong arm, athleticism, prototypical frame, and natural physical talent, i have to wonder? The first thing i want to read is how well they pass the ball?

Granted, passing the ball isn't ONLY just the act of throwing, so i do mean all the other aspects prior to throwing it. IMO this is where you start the serious evaluation, with QB's who have passing skills. Because no matter how much you physically look the part, you won't succeed without good passing. Kaep has a lot of physical tools, even Gabbert is athletic.

Yes, having these other qualities WILL factor in too, but not without first checking the ability to pass.

We fans already know about inflated stats via spread offenses, or a "ton" of short throws. So NFL Scouts won't be fooled by it either.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only seen some of those guys briefly, but I came away generally unimpressed with the lot. SF needing a QB is obvious, but the QB class of next year isn't.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only seen some of those guys briefly, but I came away generally unimpressed with the lot. SF needing a QB is obvious, but the QB class of next year isn't.
I disagree Big time. This is a good QB class.

Watch todays game ND vs Miami. 3:30

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaaya is off my board. 3rd game he has looked bad when I have watched him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok some thoughts about 2 QBs.

Kaaya isn't a 1st rd QB. Pass on him big time. he takes way too many sacks and he can't stay in the pocket.
Kizer- I wouldn't draft him in the Top 5. Maybe in the picks 6-10. After 10 100% worth it. He has the skills but he has struggled. What I like about him his size, arm, Can run and is a pocket passer 1st. Some negatives, he folds sometimes and goes through a couple bad series and it throws him off.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to see what some may say are the big 3 in college football as far as QB's are concerned - Kaaya/Kizer and Watson later on in the evening. All I can say is I hope there are other true options, because none of those guys are close in talent and ability when it comes to the potential draft slot SF will get.

I wouldn't touch Watson unless it's a late round pick, which is all but impossible, but again....I was just left totally unimpressed. Kizer and Kaaya are about the same in my eye - somewhat better than Watson. I really don't grasp the hype on Kizer, and while I appreciate the style that Kaaya plays the most, he didn't wow me anywhere near enough. I'd be hesitant to take those two with a late first/high second.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to see what some may say are the big 3 in college football as far as QB's are concerned - Kaaya/Kizer and Watson later on in the evening. All I can say is I hope there are other true options, because none of those guys are close in talent and ability when it comes to the potential draft slot SF will get.

I wouldn't touch Watson unless it's a late round pick, which is all but impossible, but again....I was just left totally unimpressed. Kizer and Kaaya are about the same in my eye - somewhat better than Watson. I really don't grasp the hype on Kizer, and while I appreciate the style that Kaaya plays the most, he didn't wow me anywhere near enough. I'd be hesitant to take those two with a late first/high second.
I would stay away from Kaaya. He is scared in the pocket when pressure comes.

Take a look at Ole Miss QB Kelly and UNC QB Mitch Trubisky.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. When I read about a college QB, I want to hear about how good a passer he is, that he can read a defense, that he's got pocket presence, not that "he's built like a QB and he's athletic." That's why I'm not high on Kizer or Watson at all. Kaaya showed a lot better in the 2nd half, but he looks shell-shocked through the first half (and other games), almost like he's hearing footsteps. Kaaya looks like a better pure passer than Kizer, but I'd rather take Tribisky later on and bring him along slower than either Watson or Kizer in the top 10.

I like that Kelly is fearless, but after looking into the guy, it's pretty clear he's got off the field baggage. He'd be a big gamble.

This doesn't look like a draft with blue chip Qbs in it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather take Tribisky later on and bring him along slower than either Watson or Kizer in the top 10.

I like that Kelly is fearless, but after looking into the guy, it's pretty clear he's got off the field baggage. He'd be a big gamble.

This doesn't look like a draft with blue chip Qbs in it.

I keep hearing about Tribisky, but I've also been made aware that he gets a lot of stats off a screen-oriented pass offense. I've never seen him play, given the lower profile nature of his college, but if given the chance, I'd like to see with my own eyes. Another guy in a similar fashion (hearing about/never really seen him play) is Luke Falk.
Everything I read about Kelly says that he's a complete knucklehead off the field.

Unfortunately, I think we're almost in a 'forced' position to take one of these guys simply because the position cannot be ignored.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing about Tribisky, but I've also been made aware that he gets a lot of stats off a screen-oriented pass offense. I've never seen him play, given the lower profile nature of his college, but if given the chance, I'd like to see with my own eyes. Another guy in a similar fashion (hearing about/never really seen him play) is Luke Falk.
Everything I read about Kelly says that he's a complete knucklehead off the field.

Unfortunately, I think we're almost in a 'forced' position to take one of these guys simply because the position cannot be ignored.
I would take the Texas AM kid and then take a QB in rd 2. Garrett is suppose to be almost a can't miss prospect. Now this also depends where we draft.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paging Trent Baalke!

Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly out for the season with torn ACL. I bet Baalke is salivating thinking good value pick in round 2, 3, or maybe 4.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paging Trent Baalke!

Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly out for the season with torn ACL. I bet Baalke is salivating thinking good value pick in round 2, 3, or maybe 4.
he will be our next QB. No lie I would take him in Rd 4 or 5. Word is 49ers are big on Watson right now. i hope not.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB from Buckeyes..!?! smart, runner, good on sideline, middle routes.
Nah I will pass on him. I dont see NFL type QB from him. u never know I guess. Im ok with taking a QB in the 2nd rd or trading back in the 1st to grab one.