• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line should be lower on the priority list. Same with the secondary. QB is a top priority and wide receiver. Starting to doubt Carradine or Harold will ever amount to much. Inside and outside linebacker is a must. Defense line should be near the bottom of the list. Might need to say goodbye to Ellington. He just can't stay on the field. Only keep Vance McDonald if the price is right. Great blocker but stone hands and even he just can't seem to stay healthy an entire season. If he isn't here next season I won't lose any sleep over it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt tart should of been starting this year and beatha should of been traded or released during the summer
I agree but I think they wanted his leadership for 1 more year. Next year the change will happen. In a way we are seeing Tartt get more reps. Dumb foul on him yesterday but cant blame him. Dak is a big boy and clsoe to the 1st down and wanted to make sure he went down.

Interesting stat: When Bowman was in the game Zek only had 1 carry of 10+ yards. When Bowman left he had 4 or 5. Bowman injury is really going to hurt. Also why did Hodges get benched?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No doubt we have to look seriously at the QB's. If not there, next should be an OLB with good pass rush skills.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt we have to look seriously at the QB's. If not there, next should be an OLB with good pass rush skills.
Yes the Texas AM kid. Kid is a beast. I love this kid. Again this is if we lose out on 2 of the 3 QBs. Im not a watson fan.

Teams that will be looking at QBs.
49ers
Browns
Miami
Jets
Bears
saints
Arizona
SD(not in the 1st)
KC(not in the 1st)
Washington(not in the 1st)

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Texas AM kid. Kid is a beast. I love this kid. Again this is if we lose out on 2 of the 3 QBs. Im not a watson fan.

Teams that will be looking at QBs.
49ers
Browns
Miami
Jets
Bears
saints
Arizona
SD(not in the 1st)
KC(not in the 1st)
Washington(not in the 1st)

Honestly, i would go WR over olb at this point, qb and wr are our top two needs. if we can get juju or that kid from smu in the second and get kizer or kaaya in the first that would be an amazing draft in my eyes.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, i would go WR over olb at this point, qb and wr are our top two needs. if we can get juju in the second and get kizer or kaaya in the first that would be an amazing draft in my eyes.
Yeah not bad. I agree Its QB then WR I'm just saying if we miss out on one of the top 2 QBs the kid AM is a beast. No way I go WR in the early 1st.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly, i would go WR over olb at this point, qb and wr are our top two needs. if we can get juju or that kid from smu in the second and get kizer or kaaya in the first that would be an amazing draft in my eyes.

i'm one for BPA and it could be a WR? If so i'm fine with that.

But since all we fans can do is go by Need, i'll go OLB over WR. I DO like WR's mind you, but having a pass rusher helps the overall D, that much more. You can get by with a Round 2 WR but you can't make up for the lack of a pass rusher. you can't make up for a "2nd tier" OLB, because that player will have more flaws to attack.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm one for BPA and it could be a WR? If so i'm fine with that.

But since all we fans can do is go by Need, i'll go OLB over WR. I DO like WR's mind you, but having a pass rusher helps the overall D, that much more. You can get by with a Round 2 WR but you can't make up for the lack of a pass rusher. you can't make up for a "2nd tier" OLB, because that player will have more flaws to attack.
Yes That is why I really like this Kid from Texas AM. He is a stud. He can change this D and also our D would be really young and can become a power house in year 2 or 3. Armstead, Buckner, Texas AM kid(Garrett), Tartt, Lynch, Robinson, Ward, Reid and Eli Harold. Very nice young core.

For us to go WR would have to be picking in the 9-12 range for Ju Ju. He isnt top 5-7 worthy.

If some how we are on the out side of the top 10 keel an eye out on DE/OLB Charles Harris. Kid is good.

I also like Peppers a lot but truth be told where would he play. I guess a talent like that we would find a place. I think he is the next Dion Sanders.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes That is why I really like this Kid from Texas AM. He is a stud. He can change this D and also our D would be really young and can become a power house in year 2 or 3. Armstead, Buckner, Texas AM kid(Garrett), Tartt, Lynch, Robinson, Ward, Reid and Eli Harold. Very nice young core.

For us to go WR would have to be picking in the 9-12 range for Ju Ju. He isnt top 5-7 worthy.

If some how we are on the out side of the top 10 keel an eye out on DE/OLB Charles Harris. Kid is good.

I also like Peppers a lot but truth be told where would he play. I guess a talent like that we would find a place. I think he is the next Dion Sanders.

we're supposed to have a nice young core now, but it isn't showing up save the Rams game. Even Buckner should be flashing a few plays a game, but isn't...wasn't.

We could certainly use this LB from A&M, but as it projects now, we'll be picking high enough to go QB.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're supposed to have a nice young core now, but it isn't showing up save the Rams game. Even Buckner should be flashing a few plays a game, but isn't...wasn't.

We could certainly use this LB from A&M, but as it projects now, we'll be picking high enough to go QB.

Buckner has shown a few flashes but also made mistakes. He is a rookie with only four games under him. I have to wonder how much Armstead is affected by that shoulder/rotator cuff issue. He is playing through it but I wonder how much he is able to push off of people. I am not so high on Harold and even more down on Carradine at this point. Greg Cosell made a really good point this morning that the 49ers are using Buckner and Armstead more as edge rushers because of the lack of effective edge rushers on the team and that the team would rather be using these guys as interior lineman where they would be more effective.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or trade back, get a nonsensical amount of picks and still get the QB the brass desires.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or trade back, get a nonsensical amount of picks and still get the QB the brass desires.

not getting this because odds are HIGH the QB they desire will be top 5, if not #1?

how do you trade down and still get this guy?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not getting this because odds are HIGH the QB they desire will be top 5, if not #1?

how do you trade down and still get this guy?

If the guy you want isn't projected to go #1. Everyone seems to believe either Kizer or Watson will be #1 and both are probably in the top 5 as of right now. What if there is a guy the team wants and isn't projected anywhere near as high?

Not the perfect example, but look at 2004. Manning and Rivers were both top 5 I believe? What if one was still available, and SF was about to pick? Hindsight is obvious, but a trade down for someone to move up to get one of those guys....and the Niners select Roethlisberger....and a boatload of picks to boot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well grade wise Buckner has been getting the best grade from the rookie class. He is doing a lot he just doesnt have the sacks to show.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the guy you want isn't projected to go #1. Everyone seems to believe either Kizer or Watson will be #1 and both are probably in the top 5 as of right now. What if there is a guy the team wants and isn't projected anywhere near as high?

Not the perfect example, but look at 2004. Manning and Rivers were both top 5 I believe? What if one was still available, and SF was about to pick? Hindsight is obvious, but a trade down for someone to move up to get one of those guys....and the Niners select Roethlisberger....and a boatload of picks to boot.
Im ok with that. If they believe the guy they want will be better then yes trade back and get a lot of picks.

I do not want Watson.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckner has shown a few flashes but also made mistakes. He is a rookie with only four games under him. I have to wonder how much Armstead is affected by that shoulder/rotator cuff issue. He is playing through it but I wonder how much he is able to push off of people. I am not so high on Harold and even more down on Carradine at this point. Greg Cosell made a really good point this morning that the 49ers are using Buckner and Armstead more as edge rushers because of the lack of effective edge rushers on the team and that the team would rather be using these guys as interior lineman where they would be more effective.
Im so happy Lynch is back. He can help change that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If you liked Teddy Bridgewater and Jared Goff—and boy, did I—then you'll like Brad Kaaya a lot. A tall, lean, smart quarterback with a ton of poise, Kaaya hasn't been on great Miami teams, but he's balled and won games while showing accuracy, smarts and instincts few college passers have. Now that he's working with Mark Richt, many of the old habits (back-foot throws were a big one) are gone.

Kaaya's tape may not wow like DeShone Kizer or Deshaun Watson from an athletic standpoint, but he will win NFL scouts over in the interview room. He's a top-level processor and has the quick decision-making skills to be an ideal fit in Chip Kelly's fast-paced offense, where you're ripping off plays every 60 seconds and need a quarterback who can win the game mentally.

Ok, IF this guy is right about Kaaya, then this is the QB we need. Being athletic is good, but only if you have passing skills first.

Seems like this guy has good intangibles, so why not Kaaya.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If you liked Teddy Bridgewater and Jared Goff—and boy, did I—then you'll like Brad Kaaya a lot. A tall, lean, smart quarterback with a ton of poise, Kaaya hasn't been on great Miami teams, but he's balled and won games while showing accuracy, smarts and instincts few college passers have. Now that he's working with Mark Richt, many of the old habits (back-foot throws were a big one) are gone.

Kaaya's tape may not wow like DeShone Kizer or Deshaun Watson from an athletic standpoint, but he will win NFL scouts over in the interview room. He's a top-level processor and has the quick decision-making skills to be an ideal fit in Chip Kelly's fast-paced offense, where you're ripping off plays every 60 seconds and need a quarterback who can win the game mentally.

Ok, IF this guy is right about Kaaya, then this is the QB we need. Being athletic is good, but only if you have passing skills first.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kizer has that and plus tools. Im still not sold on Kaaya but I am warming up to the idea. I do like him over watson. Another QB to take a look at in late 1st early 2nd would be UNC QB. Kid looks really good.