• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kizer has that and plus tools. Im still not sold on Kaaya but I am warming up to the idea. I do like him over watson. Another QB to take a look at in late 1st early 2nd would be UNC QB. Kid looks really good.

Yeah ok, which are the best QB prospects will eventually sort itself out. Doesn't mean we'll get one, but we certainly have to focus the scouting now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ok, which are the best QB prospects will eventually sort itself out. Doesn't mean we'll get one, but we certainly have to focus the scouting now.
yes we do

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it 2017 yet.

no way, i'm still enjoying THIS season even though not going well. A fan is a fan and i'm always hopeful we squeeze out a win.

i've always said lets try to win every game, not worry about our draft slot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way, i'm still enjoying THIS season even though not going well. A fan is a fan and i'm always hopeful we squeeze out a win.

i've always said lets try to win every game, not worry about our draft slot.
I love football season it was just tough to watch with Gabbert as QB. Now that Kap is QB hopefully he adds some excitement. Maybe some deep throws.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sorry, couldn't resist...the 1st round is clearly QB, but this part caught my eye. Never heard of these players and just based on position, we need the EDGE more than WR. Nothing against WR's which catches the fans attention like no other, but all defenses need edge rusherS.

SECOND ROUND

33. Cleveland Browns: Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M

34. San Francisco 49ers: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC

35. Miami Dolphins: Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB prospects this year just don't seem that great--though the season isn't over yet. This early on, I'd take DE Myles Garrett over all of them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, couldn't resist...the 1st round is clearly QB, but this part caught my eye. Never heard of these players and just based on position, we need the EDGE more than WR. Nothing against WR's which catches the fans attention like no other, but all defenses need edge rusherS.

SECOND ROUND

33. Cleveland Browns: Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M

34. San Francisco 49ers: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC

35. Miami Dolphins: Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama
JuJu wont last 2nd rd. Yes QB is 1st pick but if the top 2 QBs are off the board I wouldnt mind going after that Pass Rusher from Texas AM(Garrett). This kid is a beast. He would solve our pass rush issue. Him and Lynch would be scary. Then rd 2 go QB or move back in the 1st to get a guy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB prospects this year just don't seem that great--though the season isn't over yet. This early on, I'd take DE Myles Garrett over all of them.
QB class is a good one. there are 3-4 1st rd talent QBs.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with this assessment the qb class this year is really good. I thought Myles was an OLB if not, then no way we draft another de in the first round that would be absolutely crazy with all the holes we have on this team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
QB class is a good one. there are 3-4 1st rd talent QBs.

Yeah, according to the same mock, they had three QB's up HIGH. Don't know if they're seniors and need to declare first? The way this last draft went, we can't assume they'll all be there when we pick? that is, unless we're top 3. :-)

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this assessment the qb class this year is really good. I thought Myles was an OLB if not, then no way we draft another de in the first round that would be absolutely crazy with all the holes we have on this team.
A&M moves Garrett around on defense. With us, he'd play OLB. Garrett is a top 5 pass rushing talent who'd go near the top of the draft in any given year. The same can't be said of the Qbs imo.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M moves Garrett around on defense. With us, he'd play OLB. Garrett is a top 5 pass rushing talent who'd go near the top of the draft in any given year. The same can't be said of the Qbs imo.

Kizer and kaaya would be top 5 in any of the drafts i have watched because they are qb's and the talent they possess. I want a great olb as well but to be honest a great qb can usually offset a great olb.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So...given the most glaring need by far is QB, how should SF address that situation with your wish to take Garrett first?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kizer and kaaya would be top 5 in any of the drafts i have watched because they are qb's and the talent they possess. I want a great olb as well but to be honest a great qb can usually offset a great olb.

no doubt, so now comes the tricky part..................our scouting staff led by Baalke, needs to decide if one or more of these guys are 'great'?

No matter how good your team is, it ain't going far without a decent QB. Before someone cites Trent Dilfer, that is far the exception, not the rule.

IMO i'd trade up if the situation calls for it? It isn't easy giving up a 4th, 3rd, or even 2nd rounder, but we aren't getting to 0.500 without a QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is a good one. They are saying he is the best pass rusher in years. I would take him knowing we can get a good QB in Rd 2 or we can trade back into the 1st and get one. The only way I dont take Garrett is if Kizer is there for the 49ers. This kid is a True Top tier 1st rd pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree these are the top 2 QBs and yea both would be top 5 in any class. Damn both would went over Goff and Wentz last year. Remember going into the draft not now from what we have saw from Wentz.

Draft info. QB late 1st 2nd rd talents: There are some good ones we can get if we draft Garrett.
David Webb from Cali
Chad Kelly from Ole Miss
Mitch Trubisky from UNC: Great sleeper pick he is becoming one of my fav in this class.
Mason Rudolph from OK St

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...given the most glaring need by far is QB, how should SF address that situation with your wish to take Garrett first?
He is a stud and there are good QBs after the 1st 3QBs

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get the pass rusher first, I'd see if I could sign a FA QB or trade for a quality starter. First, I'd find out what Dallas wants for Romo. Bridgewater's knee injury scares me, so I woudln't offer a lot for him. Second, if the prices are too high, I'd move on to a FA QB. See if the Skins tag Cousins again and if they don't, see what his price is. Other options would be a vet like Matt Schaub who'd start until a rookie is ready--he'd be a better placeholder than the Qbs we have now. Having traded or signed a starting QB, I'd still draft a QB early on--Rd 2 or 3 (Kelly, Trubisky, etc.).