• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get the pass rusher first, I'd see if I could sign a FA QB or trade for a quality starter. First, I'd find out what Dallas wants for Romo. Bridgewater's knee injury scares me, so I woudln't offer a lot for him. Second, if the prices are too high, I'd move on to a FA QB. See if the Skins tag Cousins again and if they don't, see what his price is. Other options would be a vet like Matt Schaub who'd start until a rookie is ready--he'd be a better placeholder than the Qbs we have now. Having traded or signed a starting QB, I'd still draft a QB early on--Rd 2 or 3 (Kelly, Trubisky, etc.).
Hell no to Romo. He is Done just like Peyton was done last year. I would take a chance on Bridgewater.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a Home run if that happen. I dont see that happening. Reason #1: Kizer wont be there unless we have the #1 pick, Reason #2 Ju Ju will be a 1st rd pick.

We can all dream.

If these guys are what they say, yes. First thing we need is a new GM

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these guys are what they say, yes. First thing we need is a new GM
Can you picture Baalke drafting a QB in the 1st with at top 5 pick and a WR in the 2nd Rd. LOL I cant see it. He needs to go before this draft.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you picture Baalke drafting a QB in the 1st with at top 5 pick and a WR in the 2nd Rd. LOL I cant see it. He needs to go before this draft.

No, I can't unfortunately. He seems to barely consider need and tries to prove to everyone has smart he is.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we get the pass rusher first, I'd see if I could sign a FA QB or trade for a quality starter. First, I'd find out what Dallas wants for Romo. Bridgewater's knee injury scares me, so I woudln't offer a lot for him. Second, if the prices are too high, I'd move on to a FA QB. See if the Skins tag Cousins again and if they don't, see what his price is. Other options would be a vet like Matt Schaub who'd start until a rookie is ready--he'd be a better placeholder than the Qbs we have now. Having traded or signed a starting QB, I'd still draft a QB early on--Rd 2 or 3 (Kelly, Trubisky, etc.).

The odds highly favor we draft a QB, there is nothing like a good QB. I'm sure this LB is solid, but the odds are his value won't meet a QB.

If the draft doesn't fall our way or none of these prospects are worth it, then you can't force QB. But otherwise we can't keep going after vets like Gabbert and Ponder. These guys are good for the back-up role, but not long term quality starters.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds highly favor we draft a QB, there is nothing like a good QB. I'm sure this LB is solid, but the odds are his value won't meet a QB.
Tell that to Von Miller.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tell that to Von Miller.

as good as Von Miller is, i'd take an All Pro QB over the All Pro Von Miller.

Don't get me wrong, i DO value pass rushers and especially if they're 3 down OLB's. In fact, i rate the 3 down OLB the second most important position, only to the QB. IMO it recently became this way due to rule changes encouraging the passing game.

Now there is a possibility albeit very low, that these QB's aren't as good as we think? That they're touted way more because they're QB's, as opposed to their talent? IF so, i'd take the value in Garett.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as good as Von Miller is, i'd take an All Pro QB over the All Pro Von Miller.
I think anyone would. Clearly the rest of you armchair GMs have these Qbs rated higher than I do. Whooptie doo. More than one site had Garrett rated as the #1 overall player BEFORE the season started. He was a lock to be a top 5 pick last year. I don't think the same can be said of the Qbs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think anyone would. Clearly the rest of you armchair GMs have these Qbs rated higher than I do. Whooptie doo. More than one site had Garrett rated as the #1 overall player BEFORE the season started. He was a lock to be a top 5 pick last year. I don't think the same can be said of the Qbs.

that is why this board works, because there ARE differing opinions. that isn't a big deal, we'll just see how it goes next year. Way too early to decide (make up our own minds) who has the most value?

we read about Garrett last YEAR, forgot who posted it. So it isn't like we don't want him, or think he isn't good. But as you also know, we're an extremely QB needy team. Kaep will be gone and we won't retain Gabbert.

If we draft Garrett, we'll continue to sign guys like Gabbert. The odds of a 2nd or 3rd round QB panning out GOOD, is low. It is possible i know, but the odds are low.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watson, Kizer, and Kaaya are all Juniors.

just looking at statistics - yeah it isn't all that - Kaaya seems to be the better passer.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outlaw....I would rather we stay away from any potential FA QB or trade for the guys you mentioned.....unless it's to groom the QBOTF. The team as it stands, is nowhere close to a SB, so it's gonna take a few more drafts, injecting tons of young guys. I highly doubt Romo would want to come here because by the time SF can put together a roster talented enough, Romo will be out to pasture. I don't think much of guys like Bridgewater or Cousins either.

The QBOTF must be addressed next year in the draft. If they're gonna take another position with their first, they'd better REALLY like someone else, and somebody either in that second round or a possible move up to the first.....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kizer and Kaaya looked really bad this week. Starting to have 2nd thoughts. I don't know who I want now. Kizer looked like he lost his stuff and was scared. Kaaya just looked bad. I think they might be better off drafting the Texas AM kid and then draft a QB in the 2nd rd Kelly or the UNC kid. We get our pass rusher and a future starting QB(we hope). its a risk.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well Kizer and Kaaya looked really bad this week. Starting to have 2nd thoughts. I don't know who I want now. Kizer looked like he lost his stuff and was scared. Kaaya just looked bad. I think they might be better off drafting the Texas AM kid and then draft a QB in the 2nd rd Kelly or the UNC kid. We get our pass rusher and a future starting QB(we hope). its a risk.

yeah, but still enough season left before our Scouts/Baalke need to decide.

IF it turns out none of these QB's are worth it in Round 1, then obviously we shouldn't force one.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big battle for top QBs: Cleveland, 49ers and Jets.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big battle for top QBs: Cleveland, 49ers and Jets.
The Jets just took Hackenberg with the 51st overall pick in the 2016 draft. It would be quite a surprise to see them use a top 5 pick on a QB the following year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets just took Hackenberg with the 51st overall pick in the 2016 draft. It would be quite a surprise to see them use a top 5 pick on a QB the following year.
U never know with the Jets.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
depends on how well Hackenburg is progressing this season? If he has shown SOME kind of hope, then not likely to draft a QB high. If he has already shown he's a 'bust', then they should do what they have to do.

Because as everyone knows, you won't get far without a quality QB. Yes, there are a few EXCEPTIONS, but it is hard to depend on 'exceptions' year in, year out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on how well Hackenburg is progressing this season? If he has shown SOME kind of hope, then not likely to draft a QB high. If he has already shown he's a 'bust', then they should do what they have to do.

Because as everyone knows, you won't get far without a quality QB. Yes, there are a few EXCEPTIONS, but it is hard to depend on 'exceptions' year in, year out.
Him being 3rd string tells me enough that he isnt a franchise QB. IF Jets are drafting in the Top 3 they are going QB or that Kid from Texas AM.