• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I will pass on him. I dont see NFL type QB from him. u never know I guess. Im ok with taking a QB in the 2nd rd or trading back in the 1st to grab one.

Unless the guy available with The First Pick of the 2017 NFL Draft is the certifiable second coming of Joe Montana, I think the smart play for us in the long term is to trade back and get as many extra EARLY picks as we can. We are so horrifically bereft of talent that one good QB isn't going to change much of anything. (And if we were to draft a QB that turned into this year's Goff, I think I might go postal.) Personally, I don't see any Joe's in this draft.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the guy available with The First Pick of the 2017 NFL Draft is the certifiable second coming of Joe Montana, I think the smart play for us in the long term is to trade back and get as many extra EARLY picks as we can. We are so horrifically bereft of talent that one good QB isn't going to change much of anything. (And if we were to draft a QB that turned into this year's Goff, I think I might go postal.) Personally, I don't see any Joe's in this draft.
That isn't a bad Idea either. Try and get a teams 1st and 2nd rd pick for our Top 3 pick.
Im still in favor in drafting the Kid from Texas AM. Just a beast and can really change our Defense. We will have a nice young core of Armstead, Buckner, Reid, Tartt, Robinson, Ward, Lynch, Blair, Harold and Garrett(Texas AM kid). Now if we draft him next 2-3 rds has to be offense. QB, WR, TE/WR. Get some talent on offense.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't see any Joe's in this draft.

If the upcoming draft was the 1979 draft, you wouldn't have seen any Joe Montana's either. The point is, nobody really knows until they do know.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't a bad Idea either. Try and get a teams 1st and 2nd rd pick for our Top 3 pick.
Im still in favor in drafting the Kid from Texas AM. Just a beast and can really change our Defense. We will have a nice young core of Armstead, Buckner, Reid, Tartt, Robinson, Ward, Lynch, Blair, Harold and Garrett(Texas AM kid). Now if we draft him next 2-3 rds has to be offense. QB, WR, TE/WR. Get some talent on offense.

That's an admirable bit of faith you're showing in that statement. It's hard to know, isn't it, whether all those young guys simply lack experience (and maybe a competent defensive coordinator) and may in the future form a formidable defense...or whether they blow now and will blow in the future? One thing is certain, though, and that whether it's thru the draft or free agency, we MUST pick up a top NT to clog the middle AND at least one, maybe two (depending on whether or not you think we can rely on Bowman coming back from another major injury), ILB's.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the upcoming draft was the 1979 draft, you wouldn't have seen any Joe Montana's either. The point is, nobody really knows until they do know.

Or Favres or Marinos etc. Same goes for Dak Prescott. I wonder if we could do a draft redo where Dak Prescott would have been drafted

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Favres or Marinos etc. Same goes for Dak Prescott. I wonder if we could do a draft redo where Dak Prescott would have been drafted

Prescott has been very good, but he's greatly aided by the best O Line/rushing attack in 2016....that takes a major amount of pressure off of the guy, and the Cowboys don't really put much on his plate in the first place. It'll be interesting to see when he must carry a much greater burden.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prescott has been very good, but he's greatly aided by the best O Line/rushing attack in 2016....that takes a major amount of pressure off of the guy, and the Cowboys don't really put much on his plate in the first place. It'll be interesting to see when he must carry a much greater burden.

There's nothing like a very good Oline and a very good RB to take the pressure off the QB especially a rookie. But I must admit that Prescott looks poise and calm and seems to make very good decisions. He doesn't force passes and runs when he has to. He seems like a seasoned veteran running the offense. It's amazing what can happen when you draft well. Cowboys have done that the last three years while the Niners haven't done squat.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also don't forget a leader at TE in Witten, and a good receiving core.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing like a very good Oline and a very good RB to take the pressure off the QB especially a rookie. But I must admit that Prescott looks poise and calm and seems to make very good decisions. He doesn't force passes and runs when he has to. He seems like a seasoned veteran running the offense. It's amazing what can happen when you draft well. Cowboys have done that the last three years while the Niners haven't done squat.

He does look good, but I don't have any feelings about passing the guy up in the draft. We've passed up plenty of other positions and it's hard to say right now which guys moving forward are guys that can be built around.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Dak from Dallas no one in their right mind thought he would be this good hence he was a 4th rd pick. I liked him and wanted the 49ers to draft him in the 3rd but never thought he would be this good so quick.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Dak from Dallas no one in their right mind thought he would be this good hence he was a 4th rd pick. I liked him and wanted the 49ers to draft him in the 3rd but never thought he would be this good so quick.

Agreed, I was pretty much the same way. Thought Prescott might be a good developmental prospect, with NO EARLIER than the 3rd, probably more likely the 4th, being where the Niners could draft him. But he wasn't the only guy I thought might be viable. Brissett I thought might be a good 5th or 6th round pick, Hogan or Kessler in the 6th or 7th. Don't even remember where they ended up getting drafted.

So yeah, like a LOT of people, I thought Prescott might be a good pick but I didn't think he was THE guy, and sure as hell didn't expect out of him what he's done for Dallas. I can't believe anyone honestly could say that they did.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does look good, but I don't have any feelings about passing the guy up in the draft. We've passed up plenty of other positions and it's hard to say right now which guys moving forward are guys that can be built around.
Agreed, I was pretty much the same way. Thought Prescott might be a good developmental prospect, with NO EARLIER than the 3rd, probably more likely the 4th, being where the Niners could draft him. But he wasn't the only guy I thought might be viable. Brissett I thought might be a good 5th or 6th round pick, Hogan or Kessler in the 6th or 7th. Don't even remember where they ended up getting drafted.

So yeah, like a LOT of people, I thought Prescott might be a good pick but I didn't think he was THE guy, and sure as hell didn't expect out of him what he's done for Dallas. I can't believe anyone honestly could say that they did.

This is all true, but Baalke gets paid to find quality players in the draft and rebuild this roster. I am sure there is a combination of skill and luck when it comes to finding quality players. Even if we didn't know how Prescott would have turned out, we could have tried. Instead Baalke takes another cornerback with an ACL issue that is now going to sit on Injured Reserve for the rest of the year. He gets paid the bucks to find quality players that will make this team a contender. He has failed to do this and needs to go.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true, but Baalke gets paid to find quality players in the draft and rebuild this roster. I am sure there is a combination of skill and luck when it comes to finding quality players. Even if we didn't know how Prescott would have turned out, we could have tried. Instead Baalke takes another cornerback with an ACL issue that is now going to sit on Injured Reserve for the rest of the year. He gets paid the bucks to find quality players that will make this team a contender. He has failed to do this and needs to go.
Dallas Draft might turn out be one of the best ever. Dak, Zeke and J. Smith(if he comes back healthy). That might be 3 Homeruns in 1 draft. Again all has to do with health.

Baalke scares me in this up coming draft. I really hope he doesnt look at QB Kelly and say hey he was a 1st-2nd rd pick we can get him in the 4th-5th rd pick now because of the ACL.

My order to Pick in the 1st rd:
1) Garrett - DE/OLB Texas AM
2) Kizer- QB ND
3)Mitch Trubisky- QB UNC (trade back for him)
4)Jonathan Allen- DT/DE Alabama. Can sack the QB from the inside.

Sleeper Pick: Trade back 1-2 spots and take peppers. He can play Multiple positions and is a true play maker. think Dion Sanders here or maybe Ed Reed type player.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Draft might turn out be one of the best ever. Dak, Zeke and J. Smith(if he comes back healthy). That might be 3 Homeruns in 1 draft. Again all has to do with health.

Baalke scares me in this up coming draft. I really hope he doesnt look at QB Kelly and say hey he was a 1st-2nd rd pick we can get him in the 4th-5th rd pick now because of the ACL.

My order to Pick in the 1st rd:
1) Garrett - DE/OLB Texas AM
2) Kizer- QB ND
3)Mitch Trubisky- QB UNC (trade back for him)
4)Jonathan Allen- DT/DE Alabama. Can sack the QB from the inside.

Sleeper Pick: Trade back 1-2 spots and take peppers. He can play Multiple positions and is a true play maker. think Dion Sanders here or maybe Ed Reed type player.
If Baalke is still around after this year, it will be difficult for me to follow this team. I can accept losing if I think the FO is taking steps to make things better. If Baalke is still around, that tells me management isn't willing to make the necessary changes in the FO to make things better. It is just like the Warriors under Cohan when they kept people like Rowell around

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baalke is still around after this year, it will be difficult for me to follow this team. I can accept losing if I think the FO is taking steps to make things better. If Baalke is still around, that tells me management isn't willing to make the necessary changes in the FO to make things better. It is just like the Warriors under Cohan when they kept people like Rowell around
Great Post. I agree, Im ok with rebuild if the Front office is showing they are improving the team little by little. I dont see it with this team. I mean I have gone through the Devils rebuild, Yankees some what rebuild. Im ok with it. Just show me you are trying. 2 rebuilds I feel bad for is the 76ers. Man that is rough and same for the Browns.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Post. I agree, Im ok with rebuild if the Front office is showing they are improving the team little by little. I dont see it with this team. I mean I have gone through the Devils rebuild, Yankees some what rebuild. Im ok with it. Just show me you are trying. 2 rebuilds I feel bad for is the 76ers. Man that is rough and same for the Browns.

By this year, it is obvious to most everyone that this FO is not cutting it. We've seen what these draft picks can and can't do. There are other issues with this FO. If the York's keep this same FO structure in place, then they seriously don't understand that there are issues there and that keeping the same will result in the same outcome. I just can't accept that for another year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this year, it is obvious to most everyone that this FO is not cutting it. We've seen what these draft picks can and can't do. There are other issues with this FO. If the York's keep this same FO structure in place, then they seriously don't understand that there are issues there and that keeping the same will result in the same outcome. I just can't accept that for another year.
Best player drafted in the last 3 years:
2014:
1st pick- Ward- 1st year he started to look good
2nd pick- Hyde- Like the guy but been injured.
3rd pick- marcus Martin- Just bad
4th pick- Chris Borland- Retired already
5th pick- B. Thomas- trraded
6th pick- Ellington- Injured every year
7th pick- D. Johnson- back up
8th pick- A. Lynch- Might be best in this class but is always injured or suspended
9th pick- K. Reaser- So so player.
10th pick K. Acker- Isnt he gone.

2015:
1st pick- Arik Armstead- Injured might have a bright future
2nd pick- Tartt- i do like him. Should be starter already
3rd pick- Eli harold- So so, nothing yet
4th pick- B Bell- Nothing yet
5th Pick- Mike Davis- Bad, Fumbling problems
6th Pick- Smelter- What the hell happen to this guy
8th Pick- Pinion- Might be the best in the Draft
9th Pick- Ian Silberman- Nothing
10th pick -T. Brown- Best Pick in this draft and he was a 7th rd pick.

2016:
1st pick- Buckner- I think has a bright future.
Best Pick so far
2nd Pick- Joshua Garnett- So so but getting better
3rd pick- W. Redmond- Hasnt played. Injured.
4th pick- R. Robinson- Like his Potential
5th Pick- Blair- Has a future
6th Pick- John Theus- Nothing here
7th Pick- Fahn Cooper- nothing here
8th Pick- Jeff Driskel- Bye Bye not on team
9th Pick- Kelvin Taylor- Practice squad
10 Pick- Aaron Burbridge- Little playing time dont see anything special.

Out of all these picks I dont see anything special. 49ers have had the most picks with in the last 3 years. Baalke has done a terrible trouble. Sad thing his 2016 class might be his best and they are Rookies.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best player drafted in the last 3 years:
2014:
1st pick- Ward- 1st year he started to look good
2nd pick- Hyde- Like the guy but been injured.
3rd pick- marcus Martin- Just bad
4th pick- Chris Borland- Retired already
5th pick- B. Thomas- trraded
6th pick- Ellington- Injured every year
7th pick- D. Johnson- back up
8th pick- A. Lynch- Might be best in this class but is always injured or suspended
9th pick- K. Reaser- So so player.
10th pick K. Acker- Isnt he gone.

2015:
1st pick- Arik Armstead- Injured might have a bright future
2nd pick- Tartt- i do like him. Should be starter already
3rd pick- Eli harold- So so, nothing yet
4th pick- B Bell- Nothing yet
5th Pick- Mike Davis- Bad, Fumbling problems
6th Pick- Smelter- What the hell happen to this guy
8th Pick- Pinion- Might be the best in the Draft
9th Pick- Ian Silberman- Nothing
10th pick -T. Brown- Best Pick in this draft and he was a 7th rd pick.

2016:
1st pick- Buckner- I think has a bright future.
Best Pick so far
2nd Pick- Joshua Garnett- So so but getting better
3rd pick- W. Redmond- Hasnt played. Injured.
4th pick- R. Robinson- Like his Potential
5th Pick- Blair- Has a future
6th Pick- John Theus- Nothing here
7th Pick- Fahn Cooper- nothing here
8th Pick- Jeff Driskel- Bye Bye not on team
9th Pick- Kelvin Taylor- Practice squad
10 Pick- Aaron Burbridge- Little playing time dont see anything special.

Out of all these picks I dont see anything special. 49ers have had the most picks with in the last 3 years. Baalke has done a terrible trouble. Sad thing his 2016 class might be his best and they are Rookies.

That pretty much sums it up. A lot if so so players and a couple that look pretty good or have potential. Baalke has made some poor free agency signings also.