• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this year, it is obvious to most everyone that this FO is not cutting it. We've seen what these draft picks can and can't do. There are other issues with this FO. If the York's keep this same FO structure in place, then they seriously don't understand that there are issues there and that keeping the same will result in the same outcome. I just can't accept that for another year.

I'm with you Patterson. It's very hard to continue and follow this team. Baalke keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. If he is not fired at the end of this year, I don't care to follow this team. Niners are a hamster on a wheel making no progress.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you Patterson. It's very hard to continue and follow this team. Baalke keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. If he is not fired at the end of this year, I don't care to follow this team. Niners are a hamster on a wheel making no progress.

My guess is if Jed fires Baalke, he will promote Gamble. I would give Gamble a chance. That being said, if Jed really wanted to start repairing the family image, he would bring in well known and respected football people to run the organization.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/n...g-for-new-quarterbacks-in-2017-175216839.html

Yeah, guess i'm surprised at how many teams will look at drafting a QB. What will be interesting is if one or two will trade up again, ala Rams and Eagles?

For me make no mistake, i'm for drafting a QB vice trading down. Granted there might not be a QB prospect who suits our scheme? Agree with this writer that Kelly deserves a chance to choose his QB. At very least have a lot of input to the GM.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My guess is if Jed fires Baalke, he will promote Gamble. I would give Gamble a chance. That being said, if Jed really wanted to start repairing the family image, he would bring in well known and respected football people to run the organization.

not arguing this because it reads very well, but can't help wonder who specifically this might include?

ie i'm thinking this list is very short, if there is such a list?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Case against 49ers taking a QB in first round of draft

Ok, if there isn't a QB worthy of a HIGH pick, then don't force one. That is how i'm reading into his 'take'. If i'm wrong and he's simply saying build the team first, then no. i wouldn't pass on a good QB for this reason alone. No one player impacts the team as much as a QB, getting a solid QB builds the team more than one player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case against 49ers taking a QB in first round of draft

Ok, if there isn't a QB worthy of a HIGH pick, then don't force one. That is how i'm reading into his 'take'. If i'm wrong and he's simply saying build the team first, then no. i wouldn't pass on a good QB for this reason alone. No one player impacts the team as much as a QB, getting a solid QB builds the team more than one player.
We have solid enough Oline to throw a rookie QB back there. That is 1 positive.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/n...g-for-new-quarterbacks-in-2017-175216839.html

Yeah, guess i'm surprised at how many teams will look at drafting a QB. What will be interesting is if one or two will trade up again, ala Rams and Eagles?

For me make no mistake, i'm for drafting a QB vice trading down. Granted there might not be a QB prospect who suits our scheme? Agree with this writer that Kelly deserves a chance to choose his QB. At very least have a lot of input to the GM.
Teams looking at a QB:
Browns
49ers
Jets
Bears
Saints
Chargers
Arizona

not saying all these teams will go 1st rd. Just stating they might look at a QB early in the draft(Rds 1-3).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not arguing this because it reads very well, but can't help wonder who specifically this might include?

ie i'm thinking this list is very short, if there is such a list?

Here is just one list. These are people are assistants in successful organizations that might be looking for a promotion but Jed has to yield and work to get one of these people

If the 49ers fire Trent Baalke, what’s next?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally get a chance to watch Luke Falk, and it looks as if he's up against a solid defense today.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falk really impressed me. His overall stats don't show it, but the touch and ball placement Falk has is second to none from my limited college viewership. He was plagued by several drops in the first half. The negatives were some of his decision-making and he seems to lack a certain zip on the ball.

I haven't seen Mitch Trubisky yet, and who knows who is gonna be doing the picking (if/when they go QB) but if they decide on a guy in 2017, then I believe Falk is the best of the bunch.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falk really impressed me. His overall stats don't show it, but the touch and ball placement Falk has is second to none from my limited college viewership. He was plagued by several drops in the first half. The negatives were some of his decision-making and he seems to lack a certain zip on the ball.

I haven't seen Mitch Trubisky yet, and who knows who is gonna be doing the picking (if/when they go QB) but if they decide on a guy in 2017, then I believe Falk is the best of the bunch.
No way in hell is Falk worth a top 5 pick.

It is time to really start thinking about the Draft if I was the 49ers front office. 49ers are a lock for a top 5 pick. Here is the breakdown right now

#1- Browns 0-11
#2 49ers 1-9
#3 Jags 2-8
#4 Bears 2-8 (we play the bears)
#5 NY Jets 3-7 (we play them)
#6 Bengals 3-6

Its safe to say we will be in the Top 5. Now look at those 6 teams and who needs a QB. Browns, 49ers, Bears and Jets. 4 of the 6 need QB. Its going to be a very interested draft.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell is Falk worth a top 5 pick.

It is time to really start thinking about the Draft if I was the 49ers front office. 49ers are a lock for a top 5 pick. Here is the breakdown right now

#1- Browns 0-11
#2 49ers 1-9
#3 Jags 2-8
#4 Bears 2-8 (we play the bears)
#5 NY Jets 3-7 (we play them)
#6 Bengals 3-6

Its safe to say we will be in the Top 5. Now look at those 6 teams and who needs a QB. Browns, 49ers, Bears and Jets. 4 of the 6 need QB. Its going to be a very interested draft.

I can't speak for RR, but I don't think he was suggesting using a top five pick on him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for RR, but I don't think he was suggesting using a top five pick on him.
I hope not. LOL

I am a fan of Drafting the guy from Texas AM DE/OLB and 2nd Rd taking a QB, Rd 3 taking a WR, 4th Rd a MLB.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying we should or shouldn't, but given his position, I don't think it's too far-fetched that his name shoots up the draft boards during the next several months. It's also plausible that he falls down the rankings because of the offense he's in.

I'm simply saying that of the guys I've seen, (in limited action and based only on accuracy/release/footwork/etc.) he's the best of the lot.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have solid enough Oline to throw a rookie QB back there. That is 1 positive.

agree with the key word being 'enough'. the pass blocking was REALLY good early on, too bad Gabbert couldn't take advantage of it. Now it is still good enough even if not as solid.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with the key word being 'enough'. the pass blocking was REALLY good early on, too bad Gabbert couldn't take advantage of it. Now it is still good enough even if not as solid.
I agree Oline has taken a step back but still avg to above avg. I don't know if it's because we are starting rookie Guard. He has been up and down but at least he is getting good experience for next year.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Thanksgiving Day Mailbag: Draft, QBs and the future of Baalke

In a year when the 49ers will be picking HIGH, there are no top QB prospects, sigh!

When the Rams had the #2 pick, there were two top QB's - Winston and Mariota - allowing them to get a good trade. Looks like we won't have that option?!

As much as we want a QB, lets not force one.
I agree. I've wanted Myles Garrett for a while, but it looks like the Browns will make him the easy choice for the #1 overall pick. If we're picking somewhere between 2-4, I'd go with either DB J.Peppers (Mich), DE D.Barnett (Tenn), or DT J.Allen (Alabama). Peppers can play S or DB and contributes on ST, Barnett can be the edge rusher we've been missing and Allen would make an excellent DT if we decide to shift to a 4/3.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. I've wanted Myles Garrett for a while, but it looks like the Browns will make him the easy choice for the #1 overall pick. If we're picking somewhere between 2-4, I'd go with either DB J.Peppers (Mich), DE D.Barnett (Tenn), or DT J.Allen (Alabama). Peppers can play S or DB and contributes on ST, Barnett can be the edge rusher we've been missing and Allen would make an excellent DT if we decide to shift to a 4/3.

assuming value is about equal after Garrett is taken, next look for me would be OLB with rush skills. So this would mean D. Barnett.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Thanksgiving Day Mailbag: Draft, QBs and the future of Baalke

In a year when the 49ers will be picking HIGH, there are no top QB prospects, sigh!

When the Rams had the #2 pick, there were two top QB's - Winston and Mariota - allowing them to get a good trade. Looks like we won't have that option?!

As much as we want a QB, lets not force one.
reminds me of the Alex Smith year. We know Rodgers became a great QB but back then he was a High Risk.