• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay / NFL / Rodgers

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It keeps getting longer and longer. Soon it will be a 60 Yarder.

We were on the 35. Add 7 and 10 and it’s 52. Sometimes they go back an extra yard on long FGs so 52 or 53. Maher has a much stronger leg than Crosby no doubt. Maher would never have trouble reaching on a 52 yarder on a clear day that was just a little cold. Everyone talks about him putting his foot in front of the heater but he didn’t even have a jacket on, did he? This whole thing about the heater is completely overblown. You kick the FG and make the other team go 75 yards to beat you. Did you really think we were going to convert the 4th and 4? I didn’t. 4th and 1, sure. 4th and 2, ok. 4th and 4 for our team is IMO much less likely from a % perspective than Maher kicking a 52 yarder. I’m sorry, but I just can’t accept it was anything other than a horrible decision And my utter disbelief watching us line up and hoping we were trying to draw them offsides and not actually going for it BEFORE the play was not second guessing.

I see that side too.

Off topic - talking about Maher and the heater on his foot while watching the Eagles - anyone remember that damn K for the Eagles in the late 70s , early 80s. Tony Franklin. He would walk out there with one shoe on and kick barefooted. Didnt matter if it was freezing or not. Damn.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
All you need to know about this season is that Cooper Rush is 4-1 with lone loss to the Eagles and Dak is 2-2. Also, Cooper beat the Vikings in Minnesota last year. Can Dak do it? I am not saying Cooper is better by any stretch of the imagination but having Dak in the game seems to give the defense a false sense of confidence and our OC a false sense of needing to pass more and here we are. Dak is incapable of delivering and we took away one of his more reliable weapons.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you need to know about this season is that Cooper Rush is 4-1 with lone loss to the Eagles and Dak is 2-2. Also, Cooper beat the Vikings in Minnesota last year. Can Dak do it? I am not saying Cooper is better by any stretch of the imagination but having Dak in the game seems to give the defense a false sense of confidence and our OC a false sense of needing to pass more and here we are. Dak is incapable of delivering and we took away one of his more reliable weapons.

For the past few years I have always looked at Minnesota as having one of the best rosters top to bottom in the league. I havent seen them play much this year. I always thought Barr was a beast for them though and now he is with us. Of course Zimmer was the coach ( defensive minded). Now they have an offensive minded head coach. They can definitely cause our defense some problems.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing brings out the worst in us a lot of times. Everyone has their opinion as they should. Im in no way trying to start something with anyone. Im just seeing a lot of blame going to McCarthy on this one. I just dont see what he did wrong to cost them the game.

I just heard it would have been a 54 yard Fg. Crosby kicked one the same way earlier and it wasnt close. Now Maher has a stronger leg than Crosby and he has been money all year. I have seen him kick touchback after touchback all year. Yesterday i think he had 1 maybe 2 out of 5 kicks. So basically he first has to make the kick. If it was sudden death , sure I might kick it. But knowing the Pack would have their chance had to weigh into this. The Pack had to win this game to save their season. After our 4rth quarter defensive showing and being down a starting CB , Im not giving the ball to Arod with a 4 down situation the rest of the game. We can play hypotheticals all we want to. Just remember Rodgers on 1st down took the knee at the 12 to set Crosby up for the GW , meaning they went straight down the field. Just my 2 cents. As much as I like Quinn , this falls on him.
My problem with McCarthy...he said he knew they would go for it on 4th when it was 2nd down...take charge of the situation. With Kellan and tell him to RUN THE DAMN FOOTBALL....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my big issue with Quinn. I love him but this has been a huge problem and he doesn't seem to recognize it's a problem. The Packers ran 39 times for 207 yards; 5.3YPC. We played LVE and Micah 61 snaps each. The only other LB to play was Clark and he played 7 snaps and some (all?) of those were when LVE was hurt. Our run defense will not get better until this changes. We can all talk about liking our safeties, but LBs stop the run, not safeties and Clark doesn't have to do all that much to match Barr's production. Gifford didn't play at all. Barr was out and they still had Cox inactive. He just doesn't seem to care about LB. It's pretty simple to figure out what we need to change and until he does it, I question his methodologies. Our strength is 3rd and long and it seemed the Packers were hardly ever in 3rd and long because of the 1st and 2nd down gains.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How well do you think Parsons played off the line of scrimmage ?? I know he had quite a few tackles.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched yesterdays game of course. I watched us choke and get manhandled and lose a game no team should lose and make mental and physical mistakes. BUT, I just don’t see how Minnesota is better than us. I’m not saying we are better than them, but I’m not seeing a team there that we have no shot against.
I don't think the Vikings are better either

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense hopefully is embarrassed and they want redemption against the Vikings.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old one but...

The difference between Jerry Jones and Aaron Rodgers?

One owns the Cowboys, the other comes from Arkansas and now lives in Dallas.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 4th Quarter that the Cowboys blew a 14 point lead....the Cowboys ran the ball 6 times...and threw the ball 18 freaking times. It's not rocket science
maybe I mis counted looking at the drive chart
4th - 5 run plays and 6 pass plays
OT - 4 run plays and 6 pass plays

my count could be off, yours most certainly is

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I looked at all the drives yesterday. There were several 3 and outs where it was 2-1 pass to run. The drive before half was 7-1 ( 2 min offense). The 17 play TD drive was 11-6 pass to run. OT was 6-3 or 6-4 if you count the run that got the penalty.

Counting the 2 sacks i think it ended 49 - 31. Pass to Run.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at all the drives yesterday. There were several 3 and outs where it was 2-1 pass to run. The drive before half was 7-1 ( 2 min offense). The 17 play TD drive was 11-6 pass to run. OT was 6-3 or 6-4 if you count the run that got the penalty.

Counting the 2 sacks i think it ended 49 - 31. Pass to Run.
I understand all that. I was addressing this:

"In the 4th Quarter that the Cowboys blew a 14 point lead....the Cowboys ran the ball 6 times...and threw the ball 18 freaking times. It's not rocket science"

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had heard that count this morning, im sure its wrong. 46 passes to 31 rushes for the game did happen though. Green Bay throwing it 20 times and throwing it 39 happened also. And while GB was bludgeoning us on the ground, the Cowboys had 159 yards on their 31 attempts and were averaging over 5 yards an attempt, just like GB, and that's without 25 more yards that were wiped out by stupid penalties.
I don't know why we deviate from a proven game plan that even Cooper Rush could guide us to a 4-1 record with. When Dak has played his beat football, his game looked exactly like what Hurts is doing right now, pounding the run game, mixing in RPO, and killing it in play action. Dak likes to go to the line and change every other play like he is Peyton Manning. He isn't Peyton Manning. Someone in the building has to reign him back a little if the want him to play up to his potential

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebacker play remains poor against the run game.
GB came out in double & triple tights many many times, and Dallas played a shit load of 3 safeties and two LB's to combat and failed.
If this was offense, most of you would be screaming at McCarthy & Moore. Dan gets a pass. Fuck that! Accountability works both sides of the ball.

DE's are freelancing and not playing their assignments. YOU MUST SET THE EDGE TO DEFENSE THE RUN!
Currently not happening and most likely what McCarthy was referring to yesterday

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week to week league remains my point

Is it true that teams go to the line with a run and pass play called? Maybe we should bench Prescott for his freelancing?
OR maybe we should let another couple more chapters play out before we set our hair on fire.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Starone have the same mission here year after year.

NOW THIS I FIND SOMEWHAT STRANGE.
Here to point out the losses and constantly rag on the QB, coach or owner.
You two seem like the same poster to me, neither comes around with good vibes, only doom and gloom.

ME?
I've been wise to this shit for a very long time.

FUCK YOU TROLL
I'm sure I can count on you to relay this to starone

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lol. Not a troll. Been positive at times and don’t know starone. The team has a strong running game and the Oline had overperformed via expectations and the secondary has been solid until the injury bug started to hit. The dline is very strong on the edges. Has the owner made the best football decisions since the 1990s, no that is fact other than listening to his current personnel department. Was the prior coach going to get us over the hump, no. Does McCarthy maintain discipline and control penalties - no. Does McCarthy mismanage some game decisions - yes. Has he kept the team together and assembled a strong staff - yes. And I have been saying this consistently, when Dak started to get paid like an elite QB, the expectations went up. Until he proves otherwise, he is an average QB against the better teams. Even the national media is starting to see this. Hope it changes, but some of us have seen these issues for a few years. Check records and stats versus good teams.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week to week league remains my point

Is it true that teams go to the line with a run and pass play called? Maybe we should bench Prescott for his freelancing?
OR maybe we should let another couple more chapters play out before we set our hair on fire.
Is that not the truth.

I would have called you insane if you would have told me that the Commanders would have won last night.