• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you think of folks who let NFL losses ruin their days/weeks?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I'd put it behind me decades ago. But this year's NFC championship loss was a kick in the nuts and resulted in the first time I wasn't really looking forward to the Super Bowl. I really wasn't expecting much going into the game but when it became clear that the Niners were not the obviously better team that made it much harder to take.
That loss did not bother me, but I had a lot of people reach out that assumed I was furious.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a 34 year old man with a career, a house, and an overall pretty fortunate life. I have no excuse. But I am absolutely guilty of letting my teams' losses ruin my mood, sometimes for multiple days.

I know it is irrational. I know it is unhealthy. I know, at the end of the day, I am just cheering for laundry. But I can't stop caring way, way too much.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a 34 year old man with a career, a house, and an overall pretty fortunate life. I have no excuse. But I am absolutely guilty of letting my teams' losses ruin my mood, sometimes for multiple days.

I know it is irrational. I know it is unhealthy. I know, at the end of the day, I am just cheering for laundry. But I can't stop caring way, way too much.
Have you thought about asking the refs for a job?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are quite passionate. That's totally fine! People work too hard for me to judge what people find joy in, there's precious little to actually enjoy. If that's sports, why the fuck not let them?

If I’m ever too mature to wear a jersey and be pissed off the Lions lose, shoot me.

No interest in living my life that way.

I didn't say not to enjoy it. I said it's good entertainment. All I really said was, don't let it ruin your week. Big difference.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say not to enjoy it. I said it's good entertainment. All I really said was, don't let it ruin your week. Big difference.
Well, a whole week is just ridiculous.

There’s nothin wrong with goin to work on Monday, ready to bitch about something that genuinely doesn’t matter.

Professional sports are great for that.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me near as much as it bothers my wife.

I'm just glad she pulled through after the NFC championship game beating she took.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep a level head for the most part, season is a grind out, you’re gonna lose some games… I get emotional over playoff losses because of the finality of the season ending… I especially get emotional when my team beats themselves from something stupid like handing the ball off at the 1 yard line in a Super Bowl when you have a monster of a running back … OR when your QB throws a pick in a Super Bowl and makes a tackle and is called for an illegal BLOCK!! OK but other than that I keep it pretty cool, because even the best teams fail to reach their goal more than they succeed, but when your team does reach that goal it makes it SO sweet !

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted I'm a Vikings fan, so I'm very used to them losing big games, heartbreak years, and mediocre years. Decades of that conditioning has made it almost impossible for me to really care that much anymore whether they win or lose any given game. Truth be told, I think this becomes the norm of thinking for most Vikes fans by the time they hit their 30's, if not sooner.

In any case, I don't understand how a lot of grown adults in their 30's and beyond still get really emotional over losses. The players make endless boatloads of money, the ownership and league as a whole make even more. None of those players actually care about the fans, nor should fans care a whole lot about them. It's an entertainment business, which the players understand. It's good entertainment, and should be enjoyed by those who like it. I'm not saying anything against that. But when I hear grown men IRL whining and talking about the NFL/their favorite teams as if they're some low level exec wannabe of a team or something, letting losses/team decisions they dislike/etc. get them super wound up on an almost personal level... yeah, that's weird to me.
Fuck you and fuck Jordan Love...:D

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted I'm a Vikings fan, so I'm very used to them losing big games, heartbreak years, and mediocre years. Decades of that conditioning has made it almost impossible for me to really care that much anymore whether they win or lose any given game. Truth be told, I think this becomes the norm of thinking for most Vikes fans by the time they hit their 30's, if not sooner.

In any case, I don't understand how a lot of grown adults in their 30's and beyond still get really emotional over losses. The players make endless boatloads of money, the ownership and league as a whole make even more. None of those players actually care about the fans, nor should fans care a whole lot about them. It's an entertainment business, which the players understand. It's good entertainment, and should be enjoyed by those who like it. I'm not saying anything against that. But when I hear grown men IRL whining and talking about the NFL/their favorite teams as if they're some low level exec wannabe of a team or something, letting losses/team decisions they dislike/etc. get them super wound up on an almost personal level... yeah, that's weird to me.
Focusing on football as if that is the only important thing in their existence , shows a failed grasp on the big picture…..

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're not Jet's fans or they would have taken a handful of sleeping pills, tied a plastic bad over their head and went to sleep. Maybe they draw a smiley face on the bag to give it a sense of whimsey.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout those Texas Rangers, BUT...I remember when Nelson Cruz couldn't catch a fly ball most high school outfielders would catch.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh at the ones who burn their jerseys and smash their televisions. Like, unless youre betting a shit ton of money, its not that serious my guy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe when I was younger I’d be mad for a day or so. Now, it’s almost weird when the bears actually win. Maybe becoming a good team in the next few years will change my mind, but part of me just thinks I’m getting over sports. I used to be a big basketball and baseball fan, but I barely even pay attention to those sports now. If Gaylib Williams becomes too cringe, I’ll probably just use Sundays to work around the house.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t judge. I leave that to the big guy upstairs, Tobey Maguire.