• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does THIS rank among all-time lows for you as a Bears fan?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting with the optimistic expectations (from some/many) in the off-season, leading up to the week 1 stink bomb vs Green Bay, the stink bomb follow up at Tampa, the sheer confusion which followed last week, and then finally - our response of "apathy" in the face of adversity. Going to KC and being totally humiliated in Arrowhead. A front office that was praised over the off-season under fire, coordinator's resigning, fans calling for the HC's head, QB publicly placing blame (partially) on the coaching staff before going out and throwing for 99 yards.

Now, we sit here, a 13th consecutive "non-victory" Monday. It's been roughly a year since we have won a football game. In a matter of three weeks, we've gone from "this team could do something!" and "Fields could break out!" to pure f'ing CHAOS and HORROR. Right now, I have no doubts that we are the worst team in football. I do not know if that is how this season will continue to play out. However, right now? That's what we are. I realize the team coming to town is Denver - and they just surrendered 70 points to fall to 0-3 as well. At least, though, they played and nearly won two competitive football games the couple of weeks prior.

This is AWFUL. I have said before on here that my most miserable Bears season was 2014 for a variety of reasons. But this... man.... this is LOW. Just HOW QUICKLY this all devolved. That 2014 team started 2-1. Those 90's teams? We knew they were probably going to suck, for the most part. I was not around prior to that. So anything further back, I cannot speak on.

I'm a White Sox fan as well and I thought their gradual flame out after 2021 - their failure to take the next step culminating in everything collapsing this season. I thought THAT was miserable. Compared to this, though? They had a GREAT run! lol. This is AWFUL.

I have to see where things go from here, I guess. However, at this very moment. Writing THIS post. I just don't recall EVER feeling like this.

In the past, even when things melted down in 2014 and everyone was fired? I never felt "numb" or "apathetic" about the whole thing. I was pissed, I was dejected, I was searching for where to turn next.

I've seen DECADES of some BAD teams. However, this is the first time where I'm just shrugging my shoulders and exhaling as I say "I don't know anymore - whatever". I've never met a more passionate Bears fan than myself. This is SAD. The Bears are completely losing a dedicated, passionate fan base that wants to love them MORE THAN ANYTHING.

Recency bias obviously plays a role. This sucks most right now - because I'm in it. I'm here dealing with it. That being said - this might be the lowest of the low for me.

Your thoughts?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is worst Ive seen and Ive been watching Bears football since 1974......

Lived thru the Abe Gibron Jack Pardee era as well as Neil Armstrongs tenure.
Not even sure our coaches today are better than Trestmans or yesteryears coaches I listed above above.......
Getsy and Eburfluss just absolutley suck.

Bob Avellini,Mike Phipps,Gary Huff years.....
Watched Sean Payton as a Bears qb during the strike season......
And they are better than what zfields brings,and JF has a lot more talent than them..

Atleast the woeful teams I seen had some type of defense,where this seasons team does not.

Seen some woeful teams,but not once have I ever thought" wow we just might go winless"

And this could be the year.......

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This hurts pretty bad because it was the first time a QB of the Bears got REAL love from fans and media outside of the Chicago Bias bubble.

I've never seen any QB-much less a Bears QB- without actual on-field evidence, get the love Justin Fields has up until the Green Bay game this season.

Never. Cutler? Hell no. Grossman? Hell HELL no. Trubisky? There was like one outlier idiot that called for MVP and he was mocked relentlessly. Cade McNown? LOL...Any of the other gaggle of "never should have been in the NFL" QB's we trotted out there like Craig Krenzel or Henry Burris? Obviously not.

We all knew the 2023 team had a lot of holes, but since we had faith the QB might be "The One" we overlooked them. Problem is, not only does Fields not have it...We suck ass in so many other ways. So yeah, just nothing positive to fall back on.

As far as 2023? I am apathetic at this point. I've been apathetic like this in the past during the 90s, 2000s and most certainly the 2010's. (I was too young to really appreciate the 80s and didn't exist for most of the 70s)

However, I still would say the aftermath after losing the NFC Championship to the Packers in Soldier Field is the lowest point for me. Our franchise-changing defenders were now aging where time had run out (Urlacher specifically). Our traded for "Star" QB was being questioned if he had faked an injury to the point where they talked about him going to the mall with his wife after the loss as if that proved it so. Then we were just a clownshoe of failures with the one good coach we have had since Ditka falling out of grace...and MAN were/are the guys after him morons.

Honestly, you could see the writing in the wall after that game in retrospect that we were in for a world of hurt...so much so that we're STILL suffering in its wake years later. It's just been a whirlwind of suck since then because we even said it in those days...Eventually the patchwork FA adds weren't going to work because the core players were aging and we had no draft capital. The one bright spot we have had since was marred by a kicker who went on the Today Show for sympathy after missing a kick. I can't even believe I typed that last sentence.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1969 was pretty bad. The Bears were horrible, but at least Butkus was DPOTY.

This season? Just God awful. I think this has been the worst stretch of losses (going back to last season) that I have experienced as a fan. Unfortunately, it looks like it is only going to get worse. This may be the worst season I have experienced, but we'll see.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much top of the list for me.
We have regressed in each regime.
We rank last in everything.
Lame duck staff for the rest of the season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much top of the list for me.
We have regressed in each regime.
We rank last in everything.
Lame duck staff for the rest of the season.
Yeah, hard to remember us ever being this shitty when based on preseason expectations. Pretty much an all time low.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s the earliest I have ever given up on the bears. I don’t let sports ruin my day though.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s the earliest I have ever given up on the bears. I don’t let sports ruin my day though.
Oh hell, I don't let anything ruin my sports day. Remember, we're all Chicago fans - we're use to disallusion!!! I'll still watch my football, altho I may pay a bit more attention now to the college games than I might have otherwise planned. Besides, I've always lived by the motto, "Life sucks, then you die". This way everything in between is gravy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sh*t…I checked out on the first half of the first game when we got drubbed 49-7 vs the 9ers with Kordell Stewart.

A 33-7 opening half. God that was brutal.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sh*t…I checked out on the first half of the first game when we got drubbed 49-7 vs the 9ers with Kordell Stewart.

It only took me 2 drives this year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone did and then we actually finished the season pretty well and even got back into playoff/division mix briefly in early December. That team wound up not being so bad. Finished year 6-4 after 1-5 start.

Doubtful we feel that way about this season when all said and done. VERY much so.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish people would quit asking "how much worse can it get?" because we get the updated answer each week.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bears of the early 70s were a lot worse than the current bears.they were dreadful when i started watching the nfl with my dad and brother then.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone did and then we actually finished the season pretty well and even got back into playoff/division mix briefly in early December. That team wound up not being so bad. Finished year 6-4 after 1-5 start.

Doubtful we feel that way about this season when all said and done. VERY much so.

richi making a case to keep Dick Jauron two decades later baby. LOL

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have a solid base, the just lack top shelf talent in several positions.
Our defense is this >< close to being truly elite. That's a solid foundation on which to build. Like you suggested, we're still 2-3 key playmakers short of becoming an annual playoff force, but it's there on the horizon.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1703964570580.gif