• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay / NFL / Rodgers

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL is right.

Lol. Not a troll. Been positive at times and don’t know starone.
Well....that settles that. Too funny, ain't the internet great?

The team has a strong running game and the Oline had overperformed via expectations and the secondary has been solid until the injury bug started to hit.
who's expectations? The media?
Solid secondary before the injury bug?
Nothing worse than a troll trolling off media opinions.

The dline is very strong on the edges.
you do understand the problem is defensing the run, right? Pass rush off the edge has indeed been strong. Why do you think GB went wide so much Sunday? I saw the edge set by Lawarence some but that was about this. Hey, maybe you'll listen to a podcast and come back with this complaint.

Has the owner made the best football decisions since the 1990s, no that is fact other than listening to his current personnel department.
Correct....Brillant football statement

Was the prior coach going to get us over the hump, no. Does McCarthy maintain discipline and control penalties - no. Does McCarthy mismanage some game decisions - yes. Has he kept the team together and assembled a strong staff - yes
Correct Again. Shit, you're on a roll now!.
So tell me, what is the correct thing to do? Sean Payton going to stop all this? Will the players be all in on what Sean is selling? Media thinks so, what do you say Mr. Cowboy Fan?

And I have been saying this consistently, when Dak started to get paid like an elite QB, the expectations went up.
I have no problem with this? I think this should go without saying. Do you think most Cowboy fans don't agree with this stated football wisdom of yours?

Until he proves otherwise, he is an average QB against the better teams. Even the national media is starting to see this.
Who is the national media and do you think Dallas is the national media's darlings? Don't bring those national media opinions here, we both know without them, you'd have very little to say.

Hope it changes, but some of us have seen these issues for a few years. Check records and stats versus good teams.
Define "Good Teams"...is that a team over 500 at the time we played them or is that teams the media defines as good?
week to week league is about all I know for sure about these issues. The adjustments, and injuries will have a big say as they do every season

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that not the truth.

I would have called you insane if you would have told me that the Commanders would have won last night

Awesome win. Riverboat Ron has a decision to make. I personally dont think its a very tough decision, but we will see. Ive got you guys finishing 9-8.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome win. Riverboat Ron has a decision to make. I personally dont think its a very tough decision, but we will see. Ive got you guys finishing 9-8.
That is possible but I still have 8-9.

Wins are: HOU, CLE, and ATL
Losses are: Cowboys, 49ers, and Giants x 2

They might split the Giants series...who knows. TH has earned the right to start for sure.

I have the Giants, Cowboys, and 49ers making the playoffs as the WCs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebacker play remains poor against the run game.
GB came out in double & triple tights many many times, and Dallas played a shit load of 3 safeties and two LB's to combat and failed.
If this was offense, most of you would be screaming at McCarthy & Moore. Dan gets a pass. Fuck that! Accountability works both sides of the ball.

DE's are freelancing and not playing their assignments. YOU MUST SET THE EDGE TO DEFENSE THE RUN!
Currently not happening and most likely what McCarthy was referring to yesterday
I saw where LVE and Micah played 61 snaps each on Sunday. The only other LB to even play on defense was Clark and he played only 7 snaps and some or all of those were while LVE was hurt. What makes this worse is Micah was often up on the line as a DE. So we gave up over 200 yards rushing and still went with 3 safeties and 2 LBs on pretty much every single play. I just don't understand it. There needs to be questions asked and an explanation. This has been the case all year. We never were able to unleash the pass rush because GB was almost never in 3rd and long.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is possible but I still have 8-9.

Wins are: HOU, CLE, and ATL
Losses are: Cowboys, 49ers, and Giants x 2

They might split the Giants series...who knows. TH has earned the right to start for sure.

I have the Giants, Cowboys, and 49ers making the playoffs as the WCs.

Young coming back soon. I think you beat the Gmen once if not twice. If you beat them twice you can get that last WC spot from them. I think they are going to come back to earth a little bit. You guys are playing good good football right now. RBs are running hard. 17 has always been a threat. His post game interview was great last night. Interesting 7 weeks coming for the Skins/ Commanders

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where LVE and Micah played 61 snaps each on Sunday. The only other LB to even play on defense was Clark and he played only 7 snaps and some or all of those were while LVE was hurt. What makes this worse is Micah was often up on the line as a DE. So we gave up over 200 yards rushing and still went with 3 safeties and 2 LBs on pretty much every single play. I just don't understand it. There needs to be questions asked and an explanation. This has been the case all year. We never were able to unleash the pass rush because GB was almost never in 3rd and long.

If Clark only played 7 snaps and Parsons was DE a lot that basically means we were in a Dime , right?? 3 safeties, 3 CBs

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clark only played 7 snaps and Parsons was DE a lot that basically means we were in a Dime , right?? 3 safeties, 3 CBs
I think Parsons didn't play quite as much DE as usual because of the lack of 3rd and long plays and Barr's injury. My point was more about how seldom we had 3 LBs on the field (if we did at all) for a team that couldn't stop the run. It seems like we really didn't at all. I don't understand why this isn't a bigger issue and why the team isn't being asked this by the media...or maybe they are.

Kearse and Wilson are both great run stopping SSs, but neither is a LB. This is even worse than with Neal last year, because at least Neal set up more in a traditional LB spot than a box safety. This guys at best are setting up in a hybrid role.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Parsons didn't play quite as much DE as usual because of the lack of 3rd and long plays and Barr's injury. My point was more about how seldom we had 3 LBs on the field (if we did at all) for a team that couldn't stop the run. It seems like we really didn't at all. I don't understand why this isn't a bigger issue and why the team isn't being asked this by the media...or maybe they are.

Kearse and Wilson are both great run stopping SSs, but neither is a LB. This is even worse than with Neal last year, because at least Neal set up more in a traditional LB spot than a box safety. This guys at best are setting up in a hybrid role.

The thing i noticed was we had 10 guys within 5 yards of the LOS most of the game and still couldnt stop it. Of course playing that way can get you beat deep as well and it did. Was Cox inactive again ? I saw Giff make a big play on Special Teams. I saw 4 CBs play and 5 safeties play - if you count Goodwin as a Safety.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing i noticed was we had 10 guys within 5 yards of the LOS most of the game and still couldnt stop it. Of course playing that way can get you beat deep as well and it did. Was Cox inactive again ? I saw Giff make a big play on Special Teams. I saw 4 CBs play and 5 safeties play - if you count Goodwin as a Safety.
Yes, Cox was inactive. Gifford was amazing on STs. He recovered a fumble, helped Goodwin cause a fumble, had one nice tackle and then one great open field tackle around the 10 or so IIRC

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Cox was inactive. Gifford was amazing on STs. He recovered a fumble, helped Goodwin cause a fumble, had one nice tackle and then one great open field tackle around the 10 or so IIRC

Love watching our Special Teams. We have talked about the hidden yardage before by letting punts hit the ground. Turpin goes and gets them. I cant recall many flags on Special Teams either. Joseph had a bad call against hiim on Sunday, but he has been really good as well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, Flex the ends off the line like Landry back in the day. Maybe then Armstrong will play run assignments. Either that are kick Golston outside for 1st & 2nd down, he will play his assignments

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, Flex the ends off the line like Landry back in the day. Maybe then Armstrong will play run assignments. Either that are kick Golston outside for 1st & 2nd down, he will play his assignments
What happened to Armstrong‘s run defense? In the past he was a good run defender. I think these guys are all thinking sacks too much. I agree with you on Gholston. He is too small to be effective at DT on early downs but he is a decent run stopper on the edge. Maybe rattle some cages and make guys understand the y are going to be held accountable.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Armstrong‘s run defense? In the past he was a good run defender. I think these guys are all thinking sacks too much. I agree with you on Gholston. He is too small to be effective at DT on early downs but he is a decent run stopper on the edge. Maybe rattle some cages and make guys understand the y are going to be held accountable.
Too much look at me rather than TEAM Needs. Thats on the coaches to crack down on.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacks get the cash, I guess

Thankfully Parsons has made the point...Hero Ball must stop.
Should be several conversations about that this week.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LOL is right.

Lol. Not a troll. Been positive at times and don’t know starone.
Well....that settles that. Too funny, ain't the internet great?

The team has a strong running game and the Oline had overperformed via expectations and the secondary has been solid until the injury bug started to hit.
who's expectations? The media?
Solid secondary before the injury bug?
Nothing worse than a troll trolling off media opinions.

The dline is very strong on the edges.
you do understand the problem is defensing the run, right? Pass rush off the edge has indeed been strong. Why do you think GB went wide so much Sunday? I saw the edge set by Lawarence some but that was about this. Hey, maybe you'll listen to a podcast and come back with this complaint.

Has the owner made the best football decisions since the 1990s, no that is fact other than listening to his current personnel department.
Correct....Brillant football statement

Was the prior coach going to get us over the hump, no. Does McCarthy maintain discipline and control penalties - no. Does McCarthy mismanage some game decisions - yes. Has he kept the team together and assembled a strong staff - yes
Correct Again. Shit, you're on a roll now!.
So tell me, what is the correct thing to do? Sean Payton going to stop all this? Will the players be all in on what Sean is selling? Media thinks so, what do you say Mr. Cowboy Fan?

And I have been saying this consistently, when Dak started to get paid like an elite QB, the expectations went up.
I have no problem with this? I think this should go without saying. Do you think most Cowboy fans don't agree with this stated football wisdom of yours?

Until he proves otherwise, he is an average QB against the better teams. Even the national media is starting to see this.
Who is the national media and do you think Dallas is the national media's darlings? Don't bring those national media opinions here, we both know without them, you'd have very little to say.

Hope it changes, but some of us have seen these issues for a few years. Check records and stats versus good teams.
Define "Good Teams"...is that a team over 500 at the time we played them or is that teams the media defines as good?
week to week league is about all I know for sure about these issues. The adjustments, and injuries will have a big say as they do every season
Snarky aren’t you. The opinions are my own. Daks record versus teams with a winning record over 500 for a given year since his rookie season is not good.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebacker play remains poor against the run game.
GB came out in double & triple tights many many times, and Dallas played a shit load of 3 safeties and two LB's to combat and failed.
If this was offense, most of you would be screaming at McCarthy & Moore. Dan gets a pass. Fuck that! Accountability works both sides of the ball.

DE's are freelancing and not playing their assignments. YOU MUST SET THE EDGE TO DEFENSE THE RUN!
Currently not happening and most likely what McCarthy was referring to yesterday
Quinn obviously needs to figure it out. The players do as well. Every time they play the Packers that Aaron Jones goes off.