• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First-Pick.com Mock Draft Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really illustrates that catch 22 you run into drafting a QB. Bad teams need QBs right away but most QBs aren't ready for the NFL game. Probably no pocket QBs are ready for the NFL game.

If a new coach came in with Lynch, put him on the bench and rolled out Foles to a 3-13 season next year then that new coach is 1 year away from being fired and has no idea if his rookie QB can play. Lynch being a project probably means that he is a bad fit for the Rams by definition even if he is a top 5 prospect. No new coach or coach on a hot seat is going to draft a QB that the next coach will be able to use.

The three teams that will be looking for QBs that are a total mess are the Niners, Rams and Browns. If Foles wasn't so godawful then the Rams would be in good shape to draft a project QB. If I was to guess, Kaepernick or Manziel is probably going to the Eagles and Bradford is probably going to end up on one of those 3 teams. The other 2 will hit the draft and probably pick up the other mobile QB as a temporary fill.

The top QB isnt NFL ready and the top WR isn't really a top 5 pick. The Rams are going to have to figure out there problems in a different way.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If "the best" QB in the draft needs to sit 1 year, then what's that tell you?

Tells me it's a weak QB class. YES Aaron Rogers sat behind Favre and it probably helped him a lot, but could A Rogers have started for another team in the league that didn't have Favre?

Big Ben came in his rookie year and went to the Super Bowl. Russell Wilson got pretty far into the playoffs as well. Rookie NFL QBs this year are looking full of talent and will be good once they learn how to be consistent. Look out for that Tampa offense :heh:. Mariota had a huge game last week and that offense should improve too as the season comes to an end.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really illustrates that catch 22 you run into drafting a QB. Bad teams need QBs right away but most QBs aren't ready for the NFL game. Probably no pocket QBs are ready for the NFL game.

If a new coach came in with Lynch, put him on the bench and rolled out Foles to a 3-13 season next year then that new coach is 1 year away from being fired and has no idea if his rookie QB can play. Lynch being a project probably means that he is a bad fit for the Rams by definition even if he is a top 5 prospect. No new coach or coach on a hot seat is going to draft a QB that the next coach will be able to use.

The three teams that will be looking for QBs that are a total mess are the Niners, Rams and Browns. If Foles wasn't so godawful then the Rams would be in good shape to draft a project QB. If I was to guess, Kaepernick or Manziel is probably going to the Eagles and Bradford is probably going to end up on one of those 3 teams. The other 2 will hit the draft and probably pick up the other mobile QB as a temporary fill.

The top QB isnt NFL ready and the top WR isn't really a top 5 pick. The Rams are going to have to figure out there problems in a different way.

Take the best LT (Tunsil or Stanley)

WR/TE/DE/C options in round 2 (maybe a QB?)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If "the best" QB in the draft needs to sit 1 year, then what's that tell you?

Tells me it's a weak QB class. YES Aaron Rogers sat behind Favre and it probably helped him a lot, but could A Rogers have started for another team in the league that didn't have Favre?

Big Ben came in his rookie year and went to the Super Bowl. Russell Wilson got pretty far into the playoffs as well. Rookie NFL QBs this year are looking full of talent and will be good once they learn how to be consistent. Look out for that Tampa offense :heh:. Mariota had a huge game last week and that offense should improve too as the season comes to an end.

That's only 2 QBs out of the whole class though. Has any other rookie QB played a down?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's only 2 QBs out of the whole class though. Has any other rookie QB played a down?

So what is your point? That the 2 actually playing are getting better? Petty, Hundley, Grayson have NOT played. Doesn't take a genius to understand how deep that QB class was last year. 2 guys were ready, the others maybe not? Hundley obviously is not going to play but he looked way better in the time he had in preseason that Mannion did. I have no idea about Petty - obviously he's not ready, but the kid can play no doubt about it.

What did the top 4 rookie QBs do the year before in their rookie season? Teddy B, Carr, Bortles, Johnny.. All of them sat for bit. Jameis and MM have started since day 1.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the best LT (Tunsil or Stanley)

WR/TE/DE/C options in round 2 (maybe a QB?)
From a draft standpoint, thats probably the smartest thing to do and try to move GRab into the Guard rotation. Lord knows the Rams usually have 2-4 olinemen go down every year. Its the strategy Tennessee did and Dallas did...all in on oline. The problem with that strategy is that Tennessee and Dallas are two of the worst teams in football this year. Good teams don't load up in one area like STL has with its Dline.

There are basically 8 really good teams in the NFL this year: Arizona, Carolina, Seattle, Cinci, Denver, healthy New England, healthy KC, healthy PITT. 6 of those 8 teams have a franchise QB. 1 has Alex Smith who is a game manager and 1 has Brock Osweiler and the top defense in football.

Interestingly 5 of those teams have a marquee TE. Gronk, Eifert, Olsen, Kelce, Graham. Arizona doesn't need a marquee TE because they have arguably 3 marquee WRs. Pit has the best WR in football. Denver is the only good team that lacks offensive weapons.

So its Denver's blueprint or KC's blueprint but that would require a good TE, an average QB, a smart offensive coach and consistent run blocking.

The smart money is and always is taking a chance at a high upside QB somewhere whether its the draft of free agency or a trade.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about all of you, but I am fucking tired of talking about how we improve our team through the draft every year. Get some proven veteran free agents in here at the positions we need them at and forget about player development. I am so tired of it, year after year. We drafted Jenoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson 3 years ago and they are gonna walk this offseason 'cause we suck ass. The draft hasn't improved our team in lets say 12 years, period!!!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about all of you, but I am fucking tired of talking about how we improve our team through the draft every year. Get some proven veteran free agents in here at the positions we need them at and forget about player development. I am so tired of it, year after year. We drafted Jenoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson 3 years ago and they are gonna walk this offseason 'cause we suck ass. The draft hasn't improved our team in lets say 12 years, period!!!!!
We can blame the draft but lets look at the long term signings this team has actually made. Remove the awful Bradford contract and awful Finnegan contract and now we have these are the richest Rams contacts:

1) Robert Quinn
2) Chris Long
3) James Laurinaitis
4) Jared Cook
5) Rodger Saffold
6) Nick Foles

Quinn is a good contract
Chris Long was an average contract all things considered
Laurinaitis is a bad contract
Jared Cook is a bad contract
Saffold is a bad contract
Foles is a bad contract

If the Rams were drafting as poorly as they were signing then they'd be 0-16

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the first 2 rounds should be OT and 2 WR's in some combination ( whether it goes WR/OT/WR, or WR/WR/OT, whatever ).

Rams are looking at being in the top 10 again. there should be a WR worth taking there or maybe OT.

Bailey's career is done. Britt should be gone too, as well as Quick. the Rams need WR's bad and this is a pretty decent draft for WR ( especially since it's weak in several other need areas ).

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is my first without trades

Your score is: 7152 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 9: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (A)
Round 2 Pick 13: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 9: Dan Voltz, C, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (A-)
Round 6 Pick 9: Jonathan Jones, CB, Auburn (A)

they didn't list CB as a need, but we all know it will be by the time the draft rolls around.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Butt just announced he's coming back to Michigan for his senior year.:gaah:

Damn it, I was hoping for him. Though the retarded one loves Cook so it wasn't going to happen anyway.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it, I was hoping for him. Though the retarded one loves Cook so it wasn't going to happen anyway.

Nick Vannett (Ohio State) could be a similar option, but a round or two later in the draft. If you want someone huge, there's always Dillon Gordon of LSU (6'4, 308) or LaQuan McGowan of Baylor (6'6, 410)...

52917c3b34b92.image.jpg

usa-today-8348096.0.0.jpg

Attachments

• gettyimages-492164650.jpg
    gettyimages-492164650.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 26

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I'd start a rookie QB on the Rams is if the team can protect him. With Robinson being a liability on the left side, I'm not so sure it would be a good idea.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is your point? That the 2 actually playing are getting better? Petty, Hundley, Grayson have NOT played. Doesn't take a genius to understand how deep that QB class was last year. 2 guys were ready, the others maybe not? Hundley obviously is not going to play but he looked way better in the time he had in preseason that Mannion did. I have no idea about Petty - obviously he's not ready, but the kid can play no doubt about it.

What did the top 4 rookie QBs do the year before in their rookie season? Teddy B, Carr, Bortles, Johnny.. All of them sat for bit. Jameis and MM have started since day 1.

Carr started from game 1...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I'd start a rookie QB on the Rams is if the team can protect him. With Robinson being a liability on the left side, I'm not so sure it would be a good idea.
For what its worth, the Rams are only sacked on 3.9% of pass attempts which is 2nd best in the league. Lord knows GRab is going to hold more often than not when beaten.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a draft standpoint, thats probably the smartest thing to do and try to move GRab into the Guard rotation. Lord knows the Rams usually have 2-4 olinemen go down every year. Its the strategy Tennessee did and Dallas did...all in on oline. The problem with that strategy is that Tennessee and Dallas are two of the worst teams in football this year. Good teams don't load up in one area like STL has with its Dline.

There are basically 8 really good teams in the NFL this year: Arizona, Carolina, Seattle, Cinci, Denver, healthy New England, healthy KC, healthy PITT. 6 of those 8 teams have a franchise QB. 1 has Alex Smith who is a game manager and 1 has Brock Osweiler and the top defense in football.

Interestingly 5 of those teams have a marquee TE. Gronk, Eifert, Olsen, Kelce, Graham. Arizona doesn't need a marquee TE because they have arguably 3 marquee WRs. Pit has the best WR in football. Denver is the only good team that lacks offensive weapons.

So its Denver's blueprint or KC's blueprint but that would require a good TE, an average QB, a smart offensive coach and consistent run blocking.

The smart money is and always is taking a chance at a high upside QB somewhere whether its the draft of free agency or a trade.

I think Demaryious Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders would count as offensive weapons.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr started from game 1...

Yes Carr did, the other 3 did not. Not sure who else Oakland had last year at QB, but I know this year Carr has 2 stud WRs that would be #1's on the Rams.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree with the TE being a staple on these teams. Seems it's a good way to help beat good defenses when used properly. But Denver has one of the best WRs in the game and some good RBs. Vernon Davis might help down the road as well. Problem with Denver has been average QB play.

But I do think getting an elite TE is huge. AZ is really the exception here but they have 3 pretty good WRs and good RBs as well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Demaryious Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders would count as offensive weapons.
They'd be a lot more harmless with Nick Foles and Case Keenum throwing to them but I do get what you're saying. Even Tebow got a playoff win because of Thomas.

Speaking of Thomas, I don't think this upcoming draft class has many freaks in them. Lots of big strong players, lots of undersized skilled players but not a lot of players with everything.