• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First-Pick.com Mock Draft Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can "look hard" all they want but they don;t have the cap space to absorb his contract. This is more bullshit as we had for 15 years now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can "look hard" all they want but they don;t have the cap space to absorb his contract. This is more bullshit as we had for 15 years now.

Johnny Manziel

His cap hit is only $2.3M next year. He was a low 1st round pick, not a big investment. That said, I don't believe the story is currently relevant anyway.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Manziel

His cap hit is only $2.3M next year. He was a low 1st round pick, not a big investment. That said, I don't believe the story is currently relevant anyway.

Not sure if it's current but it came across my phone yesterday or whenever I posted it.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know his scrambling abilities and running threat is pretty intriguing because he can throw the ball pretty good too. We haven't proved we can draft any Players on Offense in the draft except for Gurley. And we have had a Lot of picks!! We would be better off getting a known commodity. Manziel or someone else with NFL veteran experience

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know how anyone else feels about this but if this team was dumb enough to trade for that waste of space, I'd seriously consider switching allegiances to another team until this ownership group and coaching staff was run out of town.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your score is: 6862 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12 (DET): Jared Goff, QB, California (A+)
Round 2 Pick 9: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 10: Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas (B-)
Round 2 Pick 12 (DET): Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh (B+)
Round 3 Pick 10: Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20 (PITT): Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia (A-)
Round 5 Pick 9 (PHI): Tajae Sharpe, WR, Massachusetts (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Bronson Kaufusi, DE/OLB, Brigham Young (B)
Round 6 Pick 25 (DET): Trevone Boykin, QB/WR, TCU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 12 (DET): Justin Simmons, FS, Boston College (F)

Traded down 2 slots in the first with both Lynch and Goff on the board to get a second. Traded down in the 4th to get a 5th and 6th, and again in the 6th. Doubled up on QBs with Boykin still there late in the 6th.

They never like my final pick. Both Joe Schmidt (ILB, Notre Dame) and Antonio Morrison (ILB, Florida) went undrafted in this mock, and I would be after one or both as UDFA.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see more of Hunter Henry. The 4 things I caught from him is that:

1) He catches EVERYTHING
2) He knows where to find soft spots in coverage
3) He has no physical strength at all
4) He isnt going to break off a big play

So basically he is the exact opposite of a Rams player. Jake Butt seems like he is the same type of player but plays a little nastier and might be a tad more explosive. Both guys get washed out of blocks and pushed back really easily in the run game, though. Still, you'd have to think that you'd get better than a B- for putting one on the Rams.

Oj Howard looks lumbering almost to the point of lazy or indifferent. He should stay in school and try to improve his draft stock next year because he looks like a project. I'm not going to say bust but the Rams have a bad track record with offensive projects.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see more of Hunter Henry. The 4 things I caught from him is that:

1) He catches EVERYTHING
2) He knows where to find soft spots in coverage
3) He has no physical strength at all
4) He isnt going to break off a big play

So basically he is the exact opposite of a Rams player. Jake Butt seems like he is the same type of player but plays a little nastier and might be a tad more explosive. Both guys get washed out of blocks and pushed back really easily in the run game, though. Still, you'd have to think that you'd get better than a B- for putting one on the Rams.

Oj Howard looks lumbering almost to the point of lazy or indifferent. He should stay in school and try to improve his draft stock next year because he looks like a project. I'm not going to say bust but the Rams have a bad track record with offensive projects.

Jake Butt is just ahead of Henry for me too, but was already off the list. I thought about waiting for Nick Vannett (Ohio State) later, but went with Henry. I agree on Howard too; doesn't seem to have the drive.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell, Clayton. Howard sounds perfect for the Rams. :pound:We specialize in routinely getting a stiffy for projects. The Rams will by-pass all the great players and ten-to-one select this guy and they'll trade-up or down to select this dolt.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No trades on this one...

Your score is: 6824 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10: Jared Goff, QB, California (A+)
Round 2 Pick 9: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 10: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 10: Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: Tajae Sharpe, WR, Massachusetts (B+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Evan Boehm, C, Missouri (B)

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your score is: 7756 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 23 (HOU): Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 9: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (A)
Round 2 Pick 10: Adolphus Washington, DT/DE, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (HOU): Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 10: Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 3 Pick 13 (T.B.): Pat Elflein, OG, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 23 (HOU): Deon Bush, FS, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
Round 4 Pick 10: Tyler Matakevich, OLB, Temple (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Tajae Sharpe, WR, Massachusetts (A+)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Butt just announced he's coming back to Michigan for his senior year.:gaah:

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, we are going to get higher than the 17th pick. I am predicting a top 5 (4-12). Just saying!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch looks a bit like Cam Newton with no one to throw the football to. He throws off his back foot too much on he holds on to the ball for a long time but he can also extend plays and just looks impressive with the eyeball test.

Connor Cook seems like a natural to me. His big 'plus' attribute is his quick release. He looks like a Marc Bulger type.

Jared Goff is interesting. He can make all of the throws and really looks like he knows the game of football and he has a surprising level of escapability because defensive players were almost always chasing him. The problem is see with him is that he throws behind his receivers a lot. They catch the ball because the defender has no chance at it but he leaves a lot of Yards After Catch opportunities wasted because the receivers have to fall to the ground. He also looks like he gets too amped up on big passes and throws rockets that receivers have no chance of catching. He looks like a 2nd round prospect to me.

Carson Wentz is the Derek Carr of the draft. Really good talent from a no name school. The tape I saw was touting is 4.0 GPA so Im sure he is smart enough to pick up the game and has all the talent you'd need but going from NDST to the NFL probably means he drops to rd2. He also missed most of the season due to injury.

So..

1. Lynch. Top 5
2. Cook. Round 1
3. Goff. Round 2
4. Wentz. Round 2

I think Connor Cook would be an upgrade and better than Johnny Football or Kaepernick.

Paxton Lynch looks like Cam Newton how?? I the face? Because Lynch can barely run under a 5.0 40 and that ain't going to help him avoid a pass rush in the NFL.

Is Connor Cook better than Kirk Cousins is my question? I don't think so.

Jared Goff threw 5 INTs @ Utah this year. Sure he owned Oregon St and AZ St, but he really wasn't that great in a conference not known for defense. Only reason he's getting hype is because this is a weak class and the media wants to compare him to Aaron Rogers. Why? Because they both went to Cal. :L

So far we have 2 big question marks that were good and bad in their WEAK defensive conferences. They sure didn't dominate. Now will some team reach on a few of these guys and the hype? Probably.

Carson Wentz has a 4.0 GPA that's great.

I'll pass on all unless they fall to me later in the draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch looks like Cam Newton how?? I the face? Because Lynch can barely run under a 5.0 40 and that ain't going to help him avoid a pass rush in the NFL.

Is Connor Cook better than Kirk Cousins is my question? I don't think so.

Jared Goff threw 5 INTs @ Utah this year. Sure he owned Oregon St and AZ St, but he really wasn't that great in a conference not known for defense. Only reason he's getting hype is because this is a weak class and the media wants to compare him to Aaron Rogers. Why? Because they both went to Cal. :L

So far we have 2 big question marks that were good and bad in their WEAK defensive conferences. They sure didn't dominate. Now will some team reach on a few of these guys and the hype? Probably.

Carson Wentz has a 4.0 GPA that's great.

I'll pass on all unless they fall to me later in the draft.
I don't like Goff either so we agree there.

Paxton Lynch I'm talking strictly as a passer. Big arm...big in general. Going to be a QB that stretches the field but probably not the most accurate screen passer or anything. So much with the QB position is from the neck up. Its impossible to project how he'll do there. If he is an idiot then he could just be another Ryan Mallett.

This is going to be a really difficult draft to fix the passing game. Even Treadwell at WR has injury concerns and isnt as amazing as the top WR from the previous few classes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, we are going to get higher than the 17th pick. I am predicting a top 5 (4-12). Just saying!

Picked 17 after trading down, picking up an extra 2nd and 3rd (noted in the post)

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I need to see is "bleacher report"