• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely athletic and that's all the green relates to but this kid can play. Granted it was FCS but they did play against Iowa and Iowa St. while he was playing for No. Iowa. He'll make some mistakes coming in somewhat green and not having the strength other tackles make show "on field" but he's high ceiling. Sewell and Little are more refined technically right now but......

He more than held his own down in Mobile
The only thing not elite was weight, but you have to figure even that goes up in a pro weight regimen. Can he add weight and keep all yhe other stuff is the question.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions "were" to draft Micah Parsons, I believe they should wet his feet at WILL part-time interchanging with Anzalone. I get the part where most don't want to throw him into coverage right away but his athletic traits state he can handle it. It's the lesser amount of coverage plays he hasn't had at Penn St. that will take time. You use him on blitzes and a handful of snaps covering TE/RB here and there to see where he's at. Parsons speed on a blitz is far greater than anything Anzalone could give.

The MIKE position right off the bat could be extremely difficult for him to absorb all at once and especially on game days. The MIKE will be responsible for calling the play that came in from sideline and getting everyone in their correct alignment and position. That's too much for a rookie and could possibly have been Jarrad Davis' downfall in rookie and 2nd year in pro.

You give Jamie Collins at least one if not two years to mentor this kid to see if he candle that position.

If Parson can grasp the WILL position and excel at it, you have one helluva blitzing, coverage LB that can play WILL and a little bit of SAM and JACK on any given alignment and play.

BB_72: I cannot believe I'm writing this about Parsons but....... It's what I see/believe

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing not elite was weight, but you have to figure even that goes up in a pro weight regimen. Can he add weight and keep all yhe other stuff is the question.

drafTek had him listed at 321 from their school website bio but that bio link isn't working. difficult to believe these schools information is correct. There are too many discrepancies.

2021 NFL Draft Big Board Page 2 (drafttek.com)

--​
Spencer K. BrownNorthern IowaOT6'9''321RSRBIO

Full 2021 Senior Bowl Rosters: All heights, weights and measurements | NFL Draft | PFF

OL Spencer Brown, UNI
Height: 6’8”
Weight: 314
Wing: 82 3/8”
Arm: 34”
Hand: 10 3/8”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He "should be" there 3rd round, hypothetically speaking. There could be a huge run on OT late 2nd round throughout the 3rd round.

ranked #89 overall on The Draft Network. FWIW. He's not anywhere near as refined as Slater or Vera-Tucker but lots of potential

Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been looking at this kid for Safety. Posted some already regarding him - youtube - etc.

1617481390585.jpeg

listed as #6 CB on PFF and he had played some CB at Oregon until switching to S

2021 NFL Draft cornerback rankings | NFL Draft | PFF

6. JEVON HOLLAND, OREGON

Holland was Oregon's starting safety as a true freshman in 2018 before manning the slot for the Ducks in 2019. He's graded exceptionally well at both, as he's been tremendously assignment sound. The biggest question mark with him will be his athleticism.

He doesn't have any one special trait to hang his hat on. That's no death knell by any means, but likely keeps him out of the early-round conversation. It didn't stop him from picking off nine passes and breaking up 11 more in his two seasons of play. That type of slot/safety versatility is perfect for today's NFL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like the idea of the Stanford kid. Startling he would sit out after already missing a year.

If he's there at #41, you draft him. He has the experience against upper level competition even though it's Pac-12 - not really a knock against.
Outside of something out of the ordinary, he'd start over Crosby. Maybe not 1st reg game but rather quickly I would think (week 4-6 ?)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking at Safety position for quite some time. I'd rank them accordingly

1. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
2. Trevon Moehrig
3. Jevon Holland
4. Jamar Johnson (I believe this kid could be that next Marcus Williams/John Johnson type and quickly but probably not a Justin Simmons)
5. Richie Grant (good coverage skills but damn the missed tackles/ wrong angles. He's not afraid to tackle but...)
6. James Wiggins (he'd be late day 3, I'd assume but I'm usually wrong so...)

I wouldn't bother with any of the others but then again I'm just a half-assed armchair guy

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like the idea of the Stanford kid. Startling he would sit out after already missing a year.

Clemson LT, Jackson Carman, may not be a bad alternative if still available late in 3rd or early 4th rounds. Consistency has been a partial problem evidently (from what I've read). He played damn good in the semi-final game vs. OSU from what I saw.

I wouldn't touch Mich RT Jalen Mayfield or Bama LT Alex Leatherwood no matter where they end up being drafted.

His ability to play low at his size is exactly what you want to see from a top tackle prospect. He just hasn’t gotten the consistency part down after allowing four sacks, four hits and three hurries on 477 pass-blocking snaps this past year. Carman may not quite be plug-and-play in Year 1, but he’s got the tools to get there.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

OSU Cowboy CB Rodarius Williams is former LSU and now Clev Brown CB Greedy Williams' cousin

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^
dems sum short arms on my boy S James Wiggins from Cincy

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

S JAMAR JOHNSON

Johnson is a late riser on PFF’s Big Board but now sits as the second-ranked safety overall behind only Trevon Moehrig. He has played fewer than 800 total defensive snaps over the last two seasons for the Hoosiers but flashed in that playing time. Johnson improved his coverage grade from 76.4 in 2019 to 81.9 this past season. The 21-year old had nearly as many pass breakups and interceptions (eight) as he did receptions allowed into his coverage (11) in his deep role for Indiana.

2. JAMAR JOHNSON, INDIANA

Johnson may not have been a name on everyone's radar when he declared early after his true junior season, but he was a massive part of the Hoosiers' ascendance to relevancy this past season.

He tallied two picks against Ohio State and finished with four picks and four pass breakups on the season. Johnson now has vast experience both in the slot as well as deep, and he has graded out well in both areas. He attacks the ball in the air differently from most defensive backs and showed legit body control on those picks.

While Johnson still needs to improve as a tackler, what he can do in coverage is special.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had Ole Miss Slot WR as 2nd in line behind Waddle for Slot WR position and this article makes me wonder if how they - PFF - perceive NFL OC will operate holds true.

Once again, they sometimes come off as Be all, End all... the negative they see in him. I see many a slot WR with some very similar negative traits and yet still thrive. I honestly didn't notice what they're saying on the few games I've witnessed in live action.

2021 NFL Draft Profile: Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore | NFL Draft | PFF

– OLE MISS HAS MOORE IN A STACK FORMATION A LOT TO KEEP HIM AWAY FROM PRESS COVERAGE

Does he need it? If you’re going to be worth a first-round pick in the draft, you need to be able to play on the outside at the next level, which means experiencing press coverage. If that’s an area of struggle to the point his team wants to keep him away from it at the college level, it could be a real concern for his ceiling in the NFL.

– HE GETS MANHANDLED BY DEFENSIVE BACKS DEEP DOWN THE FIELD SOMETIMES

That’s a couple of occasions now where Moore’s speed has taken him past the corner and actually put him in position to stack him and run away, but he’s managed to get stuck on contact and pulled back into phase. Technically, that’s pass interference by the corner, but it’s also the kind of contact that often gets let go (as it has been each time at this level). Moore needs to do a better job of breaking that hold and taking advantage of the position he’s created for himself.

– MOORE'S WORK ON THE OUTSIDE IS JUST ALMOST A COMPLETE UNKNOWN

As I work through tape of Moore lined up as an outside receiver, there’s just almost nothing here. There are a handful of snaps where he’s one on one with a cornerback who isn’t playing off coverage, and nothing there suggests he can really excel in those situations at the next level. It reminds me of a year ago when we were trying to answer the same questions about K.J. Hamler. There was virtually no tape evidence, and we were trying to project based on one or two reps that placed him in that situation.