• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched too much standing around and not getting involved whether it was his run fit and mostly in shallow zone coverages.
Literally looking confused (bama game highlighted this for me). He's got on field speed to burn but is more dip, swerve to get out of the trash. He's raw still having less than 15 games (i think) as actual starter.

He's not horrible just doesn't have many starts under his belt.
There is actually talk of him going in round 1 which seems crazy to me. Like you said, lots of potential. Just need to be realistic. Round 2 at the earliest and preferably not with the first one.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is actually talk of him going in round 1 which seems crazy to me. Like you said, lots of potential. Just need to be realistic. Round 2 at the earliest and preferably not with the first one.

My decoder ring is at optimum performance today.

I see what you did there with your comment "Round 2 at the earliest and preferably not with the first one".

You're counting on that trade down and acquiring another 2nd round pick. I'm all with that "hopeful wishing/thinking"

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not totally against him but like many other LB in this class, I don't see but a couple that are ready to be day 1 contributors. (Parsons/Werner)

If Jamin Davis is considered day 1 draftee then team scouts are viewing them as more hopeful projection with better coaching based on the players athletic traits more so than game tape, imo.

Jamin Davis was staying with Bama TE Billingsley, RB Harris, Gator TE Pitts, Georgia TE McKitty and both of the latter teams RB. He's got the speed but not the eye for route recognition.

He should become a WILL and not a MIKE. imo. It'll take a little time. He gets stonewalled by O-Lineman and that's not a MIKE. Let him weave his way through traffic and become a better WILL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard through the grapevine the Steelers are in love with him.

any true 3-4 team should want him and especially those drafting in the 20's of the first round.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion speaking of "your boy, Walker Little" here's some take on him

I completely discounted him because he got injured early 2019.

This is a great find by you so, here goes

2021 NFL Draft: Perfect player fits for teams that spent big in free agency | NFL Draft | PFF
Stanford’s Walker Little has shot up PFF’s Big Board despite not playing much football the past two seasons due to injury. He was a five-star recruit coming out of high school and was projected as one of the top two tackles in the 2020 NFL Draft before his knee injury. He has impressed on minimal snaps, though. During his last seven games of action, he allowed just one single pressure. He also gave up only four quarterback hits on 680 career pass-blocking snaps.

Drafting Little in the early second round could be an absolute steal for Jacksonville, as he possesses all the necessary tools to dominate on Sundays.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, PFF damn sure isn't the Be All, End All they come across as portraying but those little tidbits they throw out are/can be significant

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion

2021 NFL Draft offensive tackle rankings | NFL Draft | PFF

4. WALKER LITTLE, STANFORD

Little is the forgotten man in the tackle class. After starting as a freshman and sophomore for the Cardinal, he got hurt in his very first game of 2019. He would miss the rest of that year after just 72 snaps and then opted out this past fall. Prior to his injury, Little was considered in the mix for the top tackle in that vaunted 2020 class. Now, we just don’t know.

If you compare what we saw from him most recently to others in this class at the same age, though, Little stacks up favorably with most. He allowed only one pressure in his final seven college games and has some impressive feet for a 6-foot-7 tackle. He could very well be the steal of the class if he falls late into Day 2.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stomp guy at OT is another one that should be considered as a preferred RT for the Lions to upgrade Crosby. I watched all the practices at 2021 Senior Bowl and this kid and No. Iowa LT, Spencer Brown, were extremely impressive, imo.

2021 NFL Draft offensive tackle rankings | NFL Draft | PFF

5. DILLON RADUNZ, NORTH DAKOTA STATE

Radunz may be on the slimmer side for the position, but don’t let that fool you. He’s explosive at 6-foot-5 and 304 pounds. Moving defenders off the line of scrimmage was child’s play for him at North Dakota State.

It’s one thing to dominate FCS competition, but his performance over the week of practices at the Senior Bowl is what really made people perk up and take notice. He showed an anchor that could stop even the most powerful defensive ends in their tracks.

He finished as the highest-graded tackle throughout the week of practices and put himself firmly in the first-round conversation.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
due diligence on Lynn being at Sewell's pro day just in case he falls into our lap
I'm stating they'll draft a RT that not only can compete for that starting spot in camp but one who they believe can, should or will win that starting position - selecting one before day 2 ends in this draft.

Lions OC Anthony Lynn checks out Penei Sewell at Oregon pro day (usatoday.com)

Offensive tackle isn’t a pressing need for the Lions but adding Sewell would potentially shore up the position for years. There are some warts to Sewell’s game (he’ll overextend in space and stays too high in the run game at times) and he opted out of playing in 2020, so it’s a risky proposition to take him at No. 7. But Sewell has a chance to be a great NFL offensive tackle and the Lions appear intrigued in possibly having that happen in Detroit.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions mock draft roundup: One WR is starting to separate from the pack - Pride Of Detroit

Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern​

Currently being mocked by Nick Farabaugh (Pro Football Network)

Farabaugh: ”This one is interesting. Simply put, Rashawn Slater to the Lions is not mocked often, but it is a perfect fit. There is a potential hole at right tackle, and the Lions may not trust anyone already on their roster to fill it. Slater meshes well with offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn’s wide-zone scheme and immediately improves the Lions offensive line.”

BB_72: and Alijah Vera-Tucker would also fit in Lynn's scheme

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a lot of green

He's definitely athletic and that's all the green relates to but this kid can play. Granted it was FCS but they did play against Iowa and Iowa St. while he was playing for No. Iowa. He'll make some mistakes coming in somewhat green and not having the strength other tackles make show "on field" but he's high ceiling. Sewell and Little are more refined technically right now but......

He more than held his own down in Mobile