• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Richardson

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep..Griese was a juggernaut

I mean. They won a national championship.

(I'm presuming you're being sarcastic here)

He also got drafted in the 3rd rd and had a 10 year nfl career.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy has had a long NFL career. Chase Daniels has stolen NFL money for the last 10 years.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean. They won a national championship.

(I'm presuming you're being sarcastic here)

He also got drafted in the 3rd rd and had a 10 year nfl career.
Additionally, Michigan really wasn’t a QB school back then. They were transitioning to employing more pass. I remember a story back at that time when ND and Michigan were head to head for Rick Mirer and ND closed the deal on no Michigan QBs having been successful in the NFL (meanwhile, during Mirer’s career at ND, Jim Harbaugh blew up in Indy and proved that Michigan QB shit wrong). And of course, Mirer went on to be a bust in the NFL.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s got a cannon for an arm, ridiculous athleticism, but not great accuracy… If he gets with the right coaching situation, he can potentially succeed … As with all QB prospects does he have the it factor, you just never know for sure because being a good QB is mental more than physical …

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year 4 or 5 qbs get hyped going into the draft. And almost every year only one of them turns into a good pro QB. Some years all of them are busts. Seems like it is about once a decade when you get multiple franchise type qbs drafted. I am not impressed with this class.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year 4 or 5 qbs get hyped going into the draft. And almost every year only one of them turns into a good pro QB. Some years all of them are busts. Seems like it is about once a decade when you get multiple franchise type qbs drafted. I am not impressed with this class.
I’m right there with ya. Maybe it’s the draft process and the way you see these kids get knocked down or situations change and some of the bloom gets knocked off. But I was really excited about this class of QBs this time last year and was excited the Eagles had two 1st round picks in case they wanted to trade up and get one. But to an extent Young and Stroud took a bit of a step back this year in the eyes of most. And now most are enamored with Caleb Williams certainly ranking ahead of them as prospects for 2024. I wonder if our opinions of Williams will change this time next year when he gets nit picked for what he can’t do at this point. (Although, hard to say what Caleb Williams can’t do. Kid has been lights out.)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the #1 attribute people talk about in your Qb is Athletic ability. You are not winning a superbowl.
He also has an elite arm, he is instantly a top 5 arm and the most athletic qb in yhe nfl.....he just can't play qb yet

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also has an elite arm, he is instantly a top 5 arm and the most athletic qb in yhe nfl.....he just can't play qb yet
well that is the question then.
Until his ability to "play" QB his athletic ability will be #1 talked about which will mean. No Superbowl.

If he becomes a QB intelligent throwing Mofo. & that is the 1st attribute people think of. Then very good chance for a superbowl.

But just know. As long as Athletic ability is #1 attribute. Bad news for the team. And if he plays well enough to keep a starting job. (like some) Even worse for the team because they will feel the need to stick with him.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is the question then.
Until his ability to "play" QB his athletic ability will be #1 talked about which will mean. No Superbowl.

If he becomes a QB intelligent throwing Mofo. & that is the 1st attribute people think of. Then very good chance for a superbowl.

But just know. As long as Athletic ability is #1 attribute. Bad news for the team. And if he plays well enough to keep a starting job. (like some) Even worse for the team because they will feel the need to stick with him.
He could be very bad for a struggling team or if a starting QB sputters. He'll get way too much attention. And if gets rushed out there with bad habits in place - yuck. Especially if he makes some flashy athletic plays to win a couple of games.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be very bad for a struggling team or if a starting QB sputters. He'll get way too much attention. And if gets rushed out there with bad habits in place - yuck. Especially if he makes some flashy athletic plays to win a couple of games.
With Greg Roman as o cord this guy could be LJ from day one. They’re the same player

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern with QBs that rely so much on their athletic ability is that if they do pan out in the NFL they pretty much are only good until maybe 30 before it all goes down hill like with Cam Newton and the speculation with Lamar Jackson. So drafting Richardson he probably will be good for a solid 6-8 years.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Richardson

You can tell just from his name he'll be one of the all-time greats.

Hollywood couldn't have come up with a better name.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disastrous landing spot IMO. Minshew won’t be good and they’ll start AR before he’s even close to ready.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disastrous landing spot IMO. Minshew won’t be good and they’ll start AR before he’s even close to ready.
Completely disagree. People don’t understand yet who Shane Steichen is. He’s going to get AR with Tom House this spring and they’re going to start the process. They’re going to tear his whole mechanics apart and have him start over with the real QB development he never got with the malpractice on the offensive side of the ball in Gainesville. The AR timetable is perfect for the work he needs to do. They have no pressure to be good next year. They’ll likely get another top 10 pick next year. AR sits this whole year and maybe even the first 6-7 games of 2024 as well. Steichen is going to start him on RPO reads, something he coaches very well and something that will prepare AR for the transition to NFL reads. RPO reads will often focus on what a single guy or a pair of guys are doing at the snap. It’s the easiest way to bring a guy along before you ask him to go 5-7 step and work through a progression. I think AR will be the best QB in this draft

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AR sits this whole year and maybe even the first 6-7 games of 2024 as well.
That's about right IMO.

But if Minshew struggles the fans will be howling for Richardson. If it's November and Shane Steichen wants to keep sitting him and Jim Irsay wants to play him, guess what.