• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Richardson

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My layman's view is that he is athletically gifted, business savvy, and very good at talking to people. I see a guy who is putting in a lot of effort off the football field to maximize his draft position. He killed it at the combine and interviews extremely well - I think he not only says the right things but makes the people he's talking to feel like they're cool.

But I'm not convinced any of that will make him an accurate passer or improve his technique. He can fix technique and somewhat improve his accuracy with hard work, but part of accuracy can't be taught.

I think he will be a QB that will excite a fan base and make some spectacular plays, but I put the likelihood of him being the long-term answer for any team at about 10%.

He might be a good pick for a team with no future QB, a dispirited fan base that needs a temporary jolt, and that can't get Stroud or Young (Commanders, Colts, Titans).

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I watched him he looked extremely raw and slow to process the field. He made some highlight-reel plays once in a while but looked like a MAJOR project. I think it is shocking he is now likely to go top 10.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, Bryce Young is the only QB that I think has more than a 50% chance of succeeding.

I do think Anthony Richardson is very intriguing but whoever drafts him needs really good job security because I think him succeeding probably looks a lot like Justin Fields and that takes time and that takes a younger roster. Bears also traded up for Fields and traded for Mack so they depleted their roster and had to fully rebuild. No sane head coach will want to go through the same process. Seattle, Detroit, and Tennessee look like the three spots where you have coach stability. The problem with Tennessee drafting him, though, is that it would probably note a complete tank job and it would make more sense for them to tank into a QB next year. I think there is a possibility that Richardson drops far. Whoever ends up QB4 likely will at this point. You've seen most people assume that Levis is QB4 but its possible that Richardson is.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a high risk high reward prospect. His success is very dependent on the situation he gets drafted into. He needs a team that has patience and will let him sit a year. He needs weapons. He needs high level development.

If he gets those three we could look back and say he was the best QB in this draft. Or he is just the next 1st round QB bust.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Richardson stans have a tough time explaining why production shouldn't be considered as a predictive factor for success. Even Burrow had 1 great year. What has Richardson really done?

Hoping he is the next Josh Allen and not expecting the next Kyle Boller is... questionable. With that being said- tools are so off the charts a team will reach in the 1st for him. These are the exact kind of QB's (along with Levis) who get brutally overdrafted and then people make ridiculous excuses for.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My big issue/concern with Richardson is the one-year's worth of experience. That's pretty much it. The upside is there -- elite arm strength and running ability. When he gets to the NFL, he's going to have a quarterback coach, and with proper coaching and patience, I think he can develop into a pretty good quarterback. It is pretty acceptable to get "raw quarterbacks". Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, Patrick Mahomes, and Josh Allen are prime examples of this. Normally you want to go with a QB with between 2-3 years worth of experience. In other words, I think he might be a little too raw. But with that said, I think he and Will Levis, probably have the biggest upside of the prospects. You don't want to find a "fine quarterback", you want the ones with the highest ceiling.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'd put Levis in the same raw category as Richardson. I think he was in the SEC without help but will likely be expected to play year 1. Probably more in the Cutler, Lock, Dak, Daniel Jones grouping.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm agreeing for the most part regarding all your takes on Richardson. What could hurt him early on is that he'll probably be thrown to the wolves long before he's ready. If he ends up being a top 5-10 pick, which is all but a certainty, teams just don't let such a high pick ride pine for long, especially when that high pick is a QB. He'll be looked upon by the local media and fan base as a savior and they will demand he gets his feet wet asap.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are digging too deep. Nobody has the slightest clue of how he could or would work in NFL. Hold your horses!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm agreeing for the most part regarding all your takes on Richardson. What could hurt him early on is that he'll probably be thrown to the wolves long before he's ready. If he ends up being a top 5-10 pick, which is all but a certainty, teams just don't let such a high pick ride pine for long, especially when that high pick is a QB. He'll be looked upon by the local media and fan base as a savior and they will demand he gets his feet wet asap.
Lions may be the exception, he woild have no pressure to play for a bit. I still hope they don't take him. They need too much defense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions may be the exception, he woild have no pressure to play for a bit. I still hope they don't take him. They need too much defense.
Acknowledging the possibility tempts fate.

But other than Seattle, he wouldn’t have a better spot to land.

If it happens, my silence on draft night wouldn’t be a sign of support.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Richardson stans have a tough time explaining why production shouldn't be considered as a predictive factor for success. Even Burrow had 1 great year. What has Richardson really done?

Hoping he is the next Josh Allen and not expecting the next Kyle Boller is... questionable. With that being said- tools are so off the charts a team will reach in the 1st for him. These are the exact kind of QB's (along with Levis) who get brutally overdrafted and then people make ridiculous excuses for.

If you can't produce numbers in college I'm not understanding how this is supposed to translate in the NFL

Josh Allen had Wyoming level players with him.

AR was at Florida.

I can't think of a single example where a kid went to a big school and had poor results and was an exceptional nfl qb.

Jalen Hurts college stats blow away ARs

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't produce numbers in college I'm not understanding how this is supposed to translate in the NFL

Josh Allen had Wyoming level players with him.

AR was at Florida.

I can't think of a single example where a kid went to a big school and had poor results and was an exceptional nfl qb.

Jalen Hurts college stats blow away ARs
You should look at Warren Moon in college.

Outside of that you can't use lack of talent around Allen because he also played against lesser talent.

Ultimately for Richardson you are buying a lottery ticket. I would say the success of Josh Allen is why people are willing to buy the ticket. 95% chance you waste a top pick 10. 5% you have a top 5 qb for 13 years.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outside of that you can't use lack of talent around Allen because he also played against lesser talent.

Ultimately for Richardson you are buying a lottery ticket. I would say the success of Josh Allen is why people are willing to buy the ticket. 95% chance you waste a top pick 10. 5% you have a top 5 qb for 13 years.

I don't think I was born when Warren Moon was in college lol

Okay so we have one example from 45 years ago

Totally agree with your lotto ticket theory though

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Additionally, Florida as a program has fallen off and that can be seen in their development of players, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I would imagine he’s getting better coaching and a better overall path of development in the NFL. I’m doubling down on what I said earlier. AR is a prospect where so many variables need to fall right for his success. I also believe that if all those boxes are checked:
1. Patience
2. Quality of people developing him
3. AR’s work ethic, love of the sport, commitment to working his craft

I think when all is said and done he could be the best in the draft at his position. I can’t see anyway Stroud Young or Levis become a top 5 QB in the league but I see a small chance of that with AR. The other side of that coin is that AR also has the highest bust potential in that group (depending upon how a person sees Levis).

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I was born when Warren Moon was in college lol

Okay so we have one example from 45 years ago

Totally agree with your lotto ticket theory though
I don't think anyone on the planet believes you get a day 1 player out of Richardson. Allen recently hitting his potential has more people ready to take the gamble as well.

I really don't want him, but I watched him singlehandedly beat Utah week one and it was unbelievable. The guy can be absolutely unstoppable. If thebteam that drafts him makes him a day 1 starter I think the chances he succeeds is just about 0