• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's really not that complicated: Mahomes is that dude

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think he's the GOAT. Obviously he has to keep building the resume and stacking accolades, but in terms of who has been the most physically and mentally gifted to ever play QB?

If you were starting a team from scratch and could pick any player who ever played in the NFL in their prime, you'd start with Mahomes. Not Brady, not Montana, not Lawrence Taylor or Jerry Rice. He reminds me of LeBron James the way his physical form is literally designed to be as great as possible. He's a QB designed in a lab.

So he's 28 years old and going into his 4th Super Bowl...and he has Andy Reid and Steve Spagnuolo running things, and Kelce, and Pacheco.

Now, the Niners have weapons and so on, it's no lock KC wins. Probably 60/40 KC to me. Just think in the end Mahomes will find a way. If the Niners are going to win they will need to score 30+, do not see them holding KC to under 28 points

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were starting a team from scratch and could pick any player who ever played in the NFL in their prime, you'd start with Mahomes. Not Brady, not Montana, not Lawrence Taylor or Jerry Rice. He reminds me of LeBron James the way his physical form is literally designed to be as great as possible. He's a QB designed in a lab.

I still think you say Brady to that. He isnt as talented as Mahomes. But he is WAY smarter football player.

When Brady was 28, the best WR or TE that Brady had ever played with was Deion Branch (a guy who never caught 1000 yards in a single season in his entire career). The struggles that Mahomes had this year with a lack of weaponry was a problem Brady had for the 1st 7 or so years of his career.

And Brady really doenst get the credit for the absolute magician he was in the pocket. The difference was that Brady was just as effective with 1 step and a shuffle as Mahomes is with an amazing athletic scramble.

And then there is the huge difference where Mahomes has Andy Reid. Brady had to struggle with a defensive minded head coach who, as has been proven, doesnt really excel at the offensive side of the football.

Obviously Mahomes is f'ing great. And I can see voting for him. But he has had a set up that some other comparables didnt have. And Brady can still flash the rings as proof he is THAT DUDE now and maybe forever.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you say Brady to that. He isnt as talented as Mahomes. But he is WAY smarter football player.

When Brady was 28, the best WR or TE that Brady had ever played with was Deion Branch (a guy who never caught 1000 yards in a single season in his entire career). The struggles that Mahomes had this year with a lack of weaponry was a problem Brady had for the 1st 7 or so years of his career.

And Brady really doenst get the credit for the absolute magician he was in the pocket. The difference was that Brady was just as effective with 1 step and a shuffle as Mahomes is with an amazing athletic scramble.

And then there is the huge difference where Mahomes has Andy Reid. Brady had to struggle with a defensive minded head coach who, as has been proven, doesnt really excel at the offensive side of the football.

Obviously Mahomes is f'ing great. And I can see voting for him. But he has had a set up that some other comparables didnt have. And Brady can still flash the rings as proof he is THAT DUDE now and maybe forever.
It's a fair argument. No scientific way to prove who's 'better' for sure.

This thread was more about the game this Sunday, Mahomes is the reason you gotta think the Chiefs have the edge. He's GOAT level in his prime.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This thread was more about the game this Sunday, Mahomes is the reason you gotta think the Chiefs have the edge. He's GOAT level in his prime.

I feel silly for betting against Mahomes with a really good defense entering the playoffs.

We all follow football. Them in the big game this year should have been a little more predictable than it was for all of us.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's absolutely my reason I think the Chiefs will win. But he hasn't shown anything that would put him above Brady on that list. Let's revisit this in 10-15 years.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel silly for betting against Mahomes with a really good defense entering the playoffs.

We all follow football. Them in the big game this year should have been a little more predictable than it was for all of us.
Yep I wrote KC off long ago this year.

To be fair, the game is almost a tossup. I give KC the edge but it could plausibly go any which way.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's absolutely my reason I think the Chiefs will win. But he hasn't shown anything that would put him above Brady on that list. Let's revisit this in 10-15 years.
He has to me. Being more physically gifted (the running threat being a major factor) and still making great decisions is why I'd pick him over Brady starting a team. Brady has the resume from 2 decades of great play. Mahomes has only played like 6 years, give him time.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomey over all… agree

The dude is Derek Jeter with total package.

He’s freekin Batman without Robin and Alfred.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 Reminds you of LeBron. Physical form designed to be as great as possible. N**** what?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 Reminds you of LeBron. Physical form designed to be as great as possible. N**** what?
Meaning, LeBron James is the platonic ideal of what you want a basketball player to look like. Tall but not so tall that they are awkward or get injured a lot. Super strong, fast, skilled, smart, just the perfect basketball specimen. Mahomes is like that as a QB.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, the Niners have weapons and so on, it's no lock KC wins. Probably 60/40 KC to me. Just think in the end Mahomes will find a way. If the Niners are going to win they will need to score 30+, do not see them holding KC to under 28 points

I cannot help but think this is another jinx thread.... someone really wants 49ers to win it all this year :thumb:

Eagles jinx thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot help but think this is another jinx thread.... someone really wants 49ers to win it all this year :thumb:

Eagles jinx thread
Nah, don't believe in those. That other thread was me being stupid. Hopefully so is this!

I really think that highly of Mahomes and really think KC has an edge. But I also really think it can go either way, no surprise if either team wins.

Makes for a fun game, when the teams are pretty much even.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, don't believe in those. That other thread was me being stupid. Hopefully so is this!

I really think that highly of Mahomes and really think KC has an edge. But I also really think it can go either way, no surprise if either team wins.

Makes for a fun game, when the teams are pretty much even.

At this point agree think it is pretty even as well and I expect it to be a good game... very close entering 4th quarter.

For me the game will be for Purdy to win in 4th quarter going up against very good KC defense. He did it vs Packers and Lions... can he do it vs the Chiefs is the question.

1707251412411.png

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanos with the voice of Kermit

mjspnolu4vm11.jpg

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is the Thanos of the NFL. Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same.
Sure, that's how a Chiefs fan would like it to be, but Thanos was killed by Ronan the Accuser in the season 2 episode 1 What If? franchise titled What If Nebula Joined the Nova Corp. If it bleeds it can be killed.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning, LeBron James is the platonic ideal of what you want a basketball player to look like. Tall but not so tall that they are awkward or get injured a lot. Super strong, fast, skilled, smart, just the perfect basketball specimen. Mahomes is like that as a QB.
From a physical specimen aspect. I don't think any athlete in any of the other team sports compares to LeBron. Certainly not in his prime which no doubt has passed. I personally think Mahomes looks a little lets say odd. His hips n thighs make him look pudgy to me n he runs funny. Not I'd say Steven Segall runs like a girl, but that would be too disparaging to girls funny,but funny. I personally think Mahomes' don't let the cover fool you this is a hellified book look. is a part of his super power package. And the next person that tells me Patrick Mahomes runs a 4.8 forty. I'm gonna piss on every door knob of his house and the door handles on his car. Mahomes is the shit though. What fucks him up more than anything is his wanna get on social media and act like a straight chickenheaded wife of his. And his dreams of being a back up dancer for Beyonce punky brother.

Mahomes needs to stop beggin for or going into butthurt mode trying to get late hit calls against defenses. Whereas other QBs, someone mentioned Fields n I'll put Matthew Stafford in the mix to, are getting rat-packed. Josh Allen is another one who needs to stop with his wack-ass bullshit.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is still the GOAT but Mahomes may take his place one day as the best ever. Mahomes is amazing, but Brady is still the GOAT, 7 Super Bowl wins is unreal, especially given that he didn’t have a lot of receiving talent on some of his teams.