• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's getting really, really hard with this team

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this team, man. I can't even think back on a time in my life - when I didn't love the Chicago Bears. My first Bears game was the 0-4 Bears vs Barry Sanders and the Lions in 1998. We pulled off the upset. I was 6 years old. I went to the opening Week 1 game the next year with my dad vs the Chiefs. We won that game, too.

I know that I'm a dick sometimes on this forum... but it's all because I really do love this team. Sometimes my temper gets the best of me. I'm really passionate about the Bears. Every Sunday, I go to the local bar that has Sunday Ticket - sit there and I watch them lose. It's become a running joke in the bar - "Rich is here to watch the Bears lose". "Rich! What are your hobbies besides getting pissed off at the Bears?"

I'm tired, dude. I really am. How many more losses do I have to watch? How much longer can I keep justifying this?

It's ridiculous. Now, here we go again with another coaching hire and another new QB - and the beat just goes on.

How do we stay engaged?

This team is a black hole of fucking misery, dude. I'm serious.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this team, man. I can't even think back on a time in my life - when I didn't love the Chicago Bears. My first Bears game was the 0-4 Bears vs Barry Sanders and the Lions in 1998. We pulled off the upset. I was 6 years old. I went to the opening Week 1 game the next year with my dad vs the Chiefs. We won that game, too.

I know that I'm a dick sometimes on this forum... but it's all because I really do love this team. Sometimes my temper gets the best of me. I'm really passionate about the Bears. Every Sunday, I go to the local bar that has Sunday Ticket - sit there and I watch them lose. It's become a running joke in the bar - "Rich is here to watch the Bears lose". "Rich! What are your hobbies besides getting pissed off at the Bears?"

I'm tired, dude. I really am. How many more losses do I have to watch? How much longer can I keep justifying this?

It's ridiculous. Now, here we go again with another coaching hire and another new QB - and the beat just goes on.

How do we stay engaged?

It’s all true. I stopped being so engaged after Nagy showed he was an idiot. I still watch the game, but I just don’t care like I used to. This season, I usually watch a half, then I go work on something. This weekend I’m rearranging the garage. I’m super excited for that to be done.

At this point, I’m not even sure I’d care if they won the Super Bowl. It’s kind of silly if you think of how much stock people put into sports when it does nothing but distract you from what’s really important.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do we stay engaged?

Welcome to my world

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Gale and Butkus play in person. Lived through the 70s when they only had 1 double digit win season. Jim Dooley and Abe f'n Gibron. The 80s got fun and the 90s were a joke. Jauron and then Lovie and then a lot of mistakes one after the other.

It's hard being a Bears fan. That's why we have beer and whiskey.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Gale and Butkus play in person. Lived through the 70s when they only had 1 double digit win season. Jim Dooley and Abe f'n Gibron. The 80s got fun and the 90s were a joke. Jauron and then Lovie and then a lot of mistakes one after the other.

It's hard being a Bears fan. That's why we have beer and whiskey.

Been thru all that,except I dont remember Dick n Gale,but started watching when Payton was a rookie.......been thrh all that,including the beer and whiskey.

musclemom1234

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hold your breath for a win tonight either.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do we stay engaged?

I remember that game.

Eric Fucking Kramer with the huge comeback.

Prolly about the time Barry realized he’d never win a SB. I was a senior in HS.

You’ve seen playoff wins since then.

I was at Ford Field for the home opener one year, when they hoisted a playoff participation banner.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all true. I stopped being so engaged after Nagy showed he was an idiot. I still watch the game, but I just don’t care like I used to. This season, I usually watch a half, then I go work on something. This weekend I’m rearranging the garage. I’m super excited for that to be done.

At this point, I’m not even sure I’d care if they won the Super Bowl. It’s kind of silly if you think of how much stock people put into sports when it does nothing but distract you from what’s really important.
I've been MIA this, only watching three games this season. Most of my Sun's I've spent studying for my anatomy and physiology class, instead of watching football. Considering how bad The Bears have been this year I've been making the right call.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I just read this right,Roquan Smith had 21 tackles vs the Brownies last weekend......??

Talk about a gut wrenching punch......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I just read this right,Roquan Smith had 21 tackles vs the Brownies last weekend......??

Well if you're gonna have your gut punched, why not have it kicked in as well........Smith at the moment is 3rd in the league with 108 tackles.
But guess who's #2 with 112? Our own TJ Edwards.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you're gonna have your gut punched, why not have it kicked in as well........Smith at the moment is 3rd in the league with 108 tackles.

Never heard of 21 tackles in a game.....thought that was a crazy number......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Urlacher have like 24 or some shit in the Arizona comeback game?

I was just looking up the records and Roquans stat from ladt weekend.....

Roquan had 14 tackles with 7 assists to equal 24.

Record is 21 solo by David Harris( never heard of him) in 2007....record for assists and solo is 24 by Harris and Keuchly.....

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Urlacher have like 24 or some shit in the Arizona comeback game?
Urlacher was a baller for real, but like Ray Lewis. He was credited with a lotta tackles he didn't make.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seeing this thread revised, it got me curious as to the final stats for Smith and Edwards.

Smith finished ahead of Edwards and 6th in the league with 158 tackles, 84 of them solo, 1.5 sacks, 5 TFL, 8 PD, 1 INT, 1 FF, 0 FR
Edwards was right behind him and 7th in the league with 155 tackles, 91 of them solo, 2.5 sacks, 8 TFL, 7 PD, 3 INT, 1 FF, 2 FR

Both finished with excellent numbers, but based soley on these stats, I'd give Edwards the slight edge. Altho in fairness, Smith did play in one less game, not sure which one it was that he missed. Nevertheless, it goes to show how once you have a great reputation and play for a great team, the accolades are pretty much self determined. Smith was named 1st team AP while Edwards could only enjoy extra rest after the season ended. Go figure.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urlacher was a baller for real, but like Ray Lewis. He was credited with a lotta tackles he didn't make.
Well, that works both ways. Tackles are a murky stat. Solo tackles are pretty reliable, but the assists is where it gets murky. That's why often times the teams themselves have their own tackling stats, and why from one site to another you'll often get differing numbers. I don't even think it was an offical statistic til like 2000 er something?

If I remember correctly his official stat line was 19, but the team stat line was 24. Something like that.