• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Official Seahawk Draft thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream about lottery numbers.

Also only years? last time i played Madden was 2004 ( TWO DECADES! ) back when i was hoping 2K would get the license.

Well I mean the actual game... the last version I played (prob. last year at some point) was Madden 08 on PC (I believe the last Madden version that came out on PC prior to the new stuff which is garbage). Football Idiot did a great job with mods/roster updates/etc.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I mean the actual game... the last version I played (prob. last year at some point) was Madden 08 on PC (I believe the last Madden version that came out on PC prior to the new stuff which is garbage). Football Idiot did a great job with mods/roster updates/etc.
Last time I played Madden was in the mid 90s. I played the game non-stop on Sega

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per WalterFootball:

Seahawks GM John Schneider told the media that the Seahawks have a “lot to figure out” regarding the offensive line. – Guard and center are huge needs for the Seahawks, so much so that they could draft a player at the position at No. 16

I'm pretty sure John has said he doesn't value interior O-Line that highly, but given his comment and the huge glaring holes we have there, we may not have a choice. Not to mention Lucas could also be done in his career due to the specific injury/nagging knee issue. It's been known to end careers before. So outside of Cross (who actually played very well once he got up to speed) the entire OL is talent devoid lol.

I really hope Bradford pans out. There were flashes last year where he was great. And then flashes where it was downright ugly... hopefully an offseason helps with a new OL coach.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walt football posted a 'dream draft' for teams and I have to say I'd be pretty thrilled (least first 3 picks) with this:

1713555630293.png

Barton (don't get me started on Cody) a lot of people say projects better as an interior lineman and PFF thinks he best projects at a Center... but either way he could play guard and we could see how Oluwatimi and Van Pran pan out. He's a mauler in the run game which we need. A little grabby but has good hand technique.

Sweat I know a lot of people like. If Sweat doesn't eat his ass out of the league, he would be a great NT. He did well against double teams in College and a rotation of him and Hankins would be HUGE (no pun intended).

I have no idea about Clark and I don't get how Pratt fits, but whatever...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are getting down to hours before round 1. Who's everyone hoping for at 1.16? I guess I am drinking the Fautanu kool-aid. Not a sexy pick, but he would make an immediate impact at a perpetual weakness on the team. He could start at either guard position on day 1, and he would also represent an insurance policy against Abe Lucas not being able to bounce back and stay on the field.

The pick that would make me the most excited would be Penix. Best passer in the draft, and 2 healthy seasons at UW mitigate the injury history for me. I also don't give a rip about him being 36 years old (he's actually still 23 for another few weeks).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are getting down to hours before round 1. Who's everyone hoping for at 1.16? I guess I am drinking the Fautanu kool-aid. Not a sexy pick, but he would make an immediate impact at a perpetual weakness on the team. He could start at either guard position on day 1, and he would also represent an insurance policy against Abe Lucas not being able to bounce back and stay on the field.

The pick that would make me the most excited would be Penix. Best passer in the draft, and 2 healthy seasons at UW mitigate the injury history for me. I also don't give a rip about him being 36 years old (he's actually still 23 for another few weeks).
Same for me. Fautanu obviously addresses a glaring need and Penix would be fantastic centerpiece to build a team around. Hearing rumors the Seahawks want to go defense, but no one really knows what they will do because the Seahawks are as tight lipped as any team in the league.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be surprised to see them take Penix, especially at 16.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised to see them take Penix, especially at 16.
I think I'll be surprised if he's still there for the taking. QBs are historically overdrafted, and there are several teams ahead of us who have a clear QB need even after you get past the first 4 or 5 picks. I just have a hard time believing that the Vikings, Broncos, Raiders, and Saints are all going to resist the temptation at a potential franchise QB who many think is the best passer in the draft. So many lesser QBs have been selected earlier than 1.16 in the past 10 years or so.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll be surprised if he's still there for the taking. QBs are historically overdrafted, and there are several teams ahead of us who have a clear QB need even after you get past the first 4 or 5 picks. I just have a hard time believing that the Vikings, Broncos, Raiders, and Saints are all going to resist the temptation at a potential franchise QB who many think is the best passer in the draft. So many lesser QBs have been selected earlier than 1.16 in the past 10 years or so.

It's possible. I can see him going anywhere from 10 to the early 2nd round.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. I can see him going anywhere from 10 to the early 2nd round.
I'll say this: if he's sitting there at 1.16 and we don't take him, there's going to be a whole lotta talk about it with Ben Grubb being the OC.

We'll soon find out how this goes down!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Latu..

I know this wont be a popular opinion on this forum, but I think he'll be by far the best pass rusher in the last several years... his technique and hand placement is on point. If he exits the NFL due to injury, that's tough, but any player can do that.. he's played fine since 2021.

Latu/Mafe/Nwosu with Williams (even at 30+) and Jones should be beyond nightmare levels of pass rush - and you got subs in Hall and Taylor... sure, we got the run to worry about, find a fat guy in round 4+

Then move Woolen out of that STUPID decision to make him play run defense and GG.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be just fine with that pick at 1.16.

I wonder how folks in here would react if we take Bowers at 16.

If Bowers is there at 16, I think we trade down.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be just fine with that pick at 1.16.

I wonder how folks in here would react if we take Bowers at 16.

schneiders life is on the line now, he cant afford to do something as stupid as taking a TE in round 1.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schneiders life is on the line now, he cant afford to do something as stupid as taking a TE in round 1.

16 is not a terrible spot to take Bowers. But I think the Hawks would much rather let someone trade into their spot and take Bowers.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 is not a terrible spot to take Bowers. But I think the Hawks would much rather let someone trade into their spot and take Bowers.

I'm hoping we can snag Phillys 2nd rounder (they have two) with a trade back in the 1st.

That said, if Bowers is there at 16, I think you gotta pull the trigger.. he's one of the highest graded tight end prospects of all time... and it's VERY difficult to find a good TE in the NFL... but when you do, it's a game changer (case in point 49ers, Chiefs, Patriots).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we can snag Phillys 2nd rounder (they have two) with a trade back in the 1st.

That said, if Bowers is there at 16, I think you gotta pull the trigger.. he's one of the highest graded tight end prospects of all time... and it's VERY difficult to find a good TE in the NFL... but when you do, it's a game changer (case in point 49ers, Chiefs, Patriots).

The hit rate on 1st round TEs is pretty poor.

You have to go back to 2007 to find a quality pick unless you think Pitts will turn into a beast still.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that happening even if they trade back, but of course in the past the Seahawks have surprised us. Be glad to get the suspense over.

It's just so far out of left field Harold... l haven't seen any mocks predicting Seattle will take a safety or DB (Nubin maybe, but a late 1st rounder. Gives off Taylor Mays vibes).. this would be the second year in a row..

Just baffling to me why Walter changed it last minute and I have to wonder if he knows something we don't.