• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be excited for the future of my team if I were a Steelers fan - Fields is a bust, he’s a glorified running back, and I don’t think sitting behind a washed up Russ for a couple of years will make a difference. There will be constant QB controversy this year with the fans clamoring for Fields the instant Russ struggles. Add to that the Steelers don’t have receiving weapons aside from Pickens, their O-Line is just average and Arthur Smith will be calling plays. This has the recipe for disaster written all over it IMO.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be excited for the future of my team if I were a Steelers fan - Fields is a bust, he’s a glorified running back, and I don’t think sitting behind a washed up Russ for a couple of years will make a difference. There will be constant QB controversy this year with the fans clamoring for Fields the instant Russ struggles. Add to that the Steelers don’t have receiving weapons aside from Pickens, their O-Line is just average and Arthur Smith will be calling plays. This has the recipe for disaster written all over it IMO.
Massive upgrade to their QB room.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh. I doubt it. The QBs are a huge upgrade over what they had.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing they could. I fully expected Pickett and Rudolph going into 2024.
They got two gifts. Denver paying PIT basically…and Wilson saw a great opportunity on a competitive team. Nobody seemed interested in Fields or had QB’s.

Pretty crazy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t say massive, this is like dating a girl who‘s a 3 and then upgrading to dating a girl who’s a 5.
I mean Pickett is a bench warmer so anyone was an upgrade but still

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how much they say Fields isn't competing with Wilson, no one is gonna see it that way. Not the QBs, not the other players on the team, its gonna be there. Wilson is a cornball that rubs plenty of his teammates the wrong way as is. This is just gonna add to the drama.

Even with that, I do this deal every time. A 6th round pick is a steal for Fields' talent and potential ceiling. I just would have pursued Fields a lot harder first before looking at Wilson

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t say massive, this is like dating a girl who‘s a 3 and then upgrading to dating a girl who’s a 5.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumping a girl who is a 3 (Pickett), upgrading to a girl who is a 5 (Wilson), and her friend is a 2 (Fields) so she looks good by comparison

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive upgrade to their QB room.
What wouldn’t be an upgrade over Pickett, Rudolph and Trubisky? Of course getting a Super Bowl champion QB in Russ is an upgrade, even if he’s not nearly as good as he used to be. But given Russ’ age and the mediocre O-Line and lack of receiving weapons, I could see Russ getting injured, or struggling some and the fans clamoring for Fields, and Fields is a bust, he’ll never be a franchise QB. The Steelers aren’t contending for a Super Bowl with either Russ or Fields - if Russ stays healthy they could contend for a playoff spot because of their very good defense, they usually find a way to be decent even with big holes on the roster, but adding in Russ and Fields does nothing in the long run, and i guarantee there will be QB controversy there.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these anti Steeler fans mad.....LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What wouldn’t be an upgrade over Pickett, Rudolph and Trubisky? Of course getting a Super Bowl champion QB in Russ is an upgrade, even if he’s not nearly as good as he used to be. But given Russ’ age and the mediocre O-Line and lack of receiving weapons, I could see Russ getting injured, or struggling some and the fans clamoring for Fields, and Fields is a bust, he’ll never be a franchise QB. The Steelers aren’t contending for a Super Bowl with either Russ or Fields - if Russ stays healthy they could contend for a playoff spot because of their very good defense, they usually find a way to be decent even with big holes on the roster, but adding in Russ and Fields does nothing in the long run, and i guarantee there will be QB controversy there.
Lack of weapons?

Pickens, they in the running for Tyler Boyd and could select a receiver in a loaded WR draft and have Friermuth.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus a pretty good running game with Harris and Warren.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It what world is Pickett better than Fields? Wilson is an upgrade over Rudolph and Trubisky.

Fields and Pickett are a wash and the Steelers moved up into the 3rd round this draft. Really don’t see the down side.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm perfectly fine giving up a future 6th for Fields.

Just didn't want to spend a premium pick, especially this year.

Good deal.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It what world is Pickett better than Fields? Wilson is an upgrade over Rudolph and Trubisky.

Fields and Pickett are a wash and the Steelers moved up into the 3rd round this draft. Really don’t see the down side.
Imo, the thing with Wilson is that he was a bad fit on the Broncos. He could end up being relatively alright at QB next year which would obv be pretty big for the Steelers.

Fields as a backup is a hail mary probably