• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landing Fields for a future 6th round pick is a steal. Can't believe how low his stock has dropped.

RBs at $3M+ with a 5th year option of over $10M next year aren't that valuable. But he is an 1,000 yard rusher. I just kind of wonder where he fits in behind Harris and Warren. I think Pitts can find a good 3rd rounder QB to backup and develop behind Wilson, though. They have 2 picks in the 3rd or maybe they can get Penix or something in the 2nd.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs at $3M+ with a 5th year option of over $10M next year aren't that valuable. But he is an 1,000 yard rusher. I just kind of wonder where he fits in behind Harris and Warren.
Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G‘s career has been derailed by injuries. When he was healthy, in the 2019 and 2021 seasons, he was pretty good. Fields is an epic bust who can’t throw. Again, Jimmy G led the Niners deep into the postseason twice and was playing pretty well in 2022 when he got hurt. Fields will never sniff the postseason unless as a backup.

I'm guessing you haven't really watched Fields play. He can actually throw the ball pretty well, his problem is decision making and reading a defense well. If that's something the Steelers can fix they might have something, if they can't, then he might be done. Either way the cost is nothing this year and marginal cost next year, so this is a good move by the Steelers, IMO.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 6th round pick is not a steep price to pay to get a very good look at a guy that a few years ago scouts were drooling over. Now the Steelers get a first hand look at the guy and see if there is something there they can build on. Fields needed a change of scenery for sure and the Steelers are in need of a QB for the future if Russ is truly washed. To me, that's a pretty good lease agreement and now they have a year to figure out if they want to buy out the lease or just turn it in and walk away.

Now I'm going to LOL at the Bears fans that earlier in the week were still saying 2nd or 3rd rounder for Fields...LOL...2nd rounder???? LMAO....
The Steelers will have to decide on his fifth year option by May 2nd. Now obviously they should decline it but unless they are planning on giving him equal practice time with Russ they can’t really evaluate him to see if he’s worth bringing back next year or not.

they could’ve accomplished the same thing by bringing in like Ryan Tannehill or some other low tier free agent QB and get the same results.

But they lose a 6th so like everyone’s been saying, it’s not a huge loss.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,306.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you haven't really watched Fields play. He can actually throw the ball pretty well, his problem is decision making and reading a defense well.
He likes listening to the talking heads. Pretty sure he hasn't seen Fields play much.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers will have to decide on his fifth year option by May 2nd. Now obviously they should decline it but unless they are planning on giving him equal practice time with Russ they can’t really evaluate him to see if he’s worth bringing back next year or not.

they could’ve accomplished the same thing by bringing in like Ryan Tannehill or some other low tier free agent QB and get the same results.

But they lose a 6th so like everyone’s been saying, it’s not a huge loss.

$25M for Fields' 5th year option. lmao, if they accepted that even if they had 3 more months to practice with Wilson, that'd be fuckin' hilarious.

My guess is the Steelers will target a rookie in the 2nd or 3rd round (they have two 3rd rounders) and then let both Wilson and the runningback go in 2025.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you haven't really watched Fields play. He can actually throw the ball pretty well, his problem is decision making and reading a defense well. If that's something the Steelers can fix they might have something, if they can't, then he might be done. Either way the cost is nothing this year and marginal cost next year, so this is a good move by the Steelers, IMO.
I have watched Fields play, and he sucks. He’s a RB, not a QB. He‘s extremely inaccurate and kind of a turnover machine. Fields and Pickett are equal IMO - they are both busts. I don’t blame the Steelers for making the move because like you say it doesn’t cost anything, but Fields is not the QB of the future in Pittsburgh.

I’m so glad my Falcons didn’t get Fields, I saw some dumbasses whining about getting Cousins instead of Fields online today, and that is incredibly dumb. Cousins is a good passer, Fields isn’t, and that’s what matters in a QB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$25M for Fields' 5th year option. lmao, if they accepted that even if they had 3 more months to practice with Wilson, that'd be fuckin' hilarious.

My guess is the Steelers will target a rookie in the 2nd or 3rd round (they have two 3rd rounders) and then let both Wilson and the runningback go in 2025.
You are putting too much emphasize on the 5th year, it doesn’t matter bc we now see he isn’t worth the 5th year. You get one year of Fields for essentially a 7th. If you want him long-term you decline the option and sign him to whatever, (for example 3 yr $24M- $8M/yr) if you see something in him from his development.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likes listening to the talking heads. Pretty sure he hasn't seen Fields play much.
LOL I don’t listen to the sports media talking heads all that much, and yes I’ve seen Fields play. He sucks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I don’t listen to the sports media talking heads all that much, and yes I’ve seen Fields play. He sucks.
Then you obviously watched that game last year when he led the Bears to a 37-17 win over your boys.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep he is actually has pretty good accuracy and a great arm, like you said his issue is going through reads-very slow at times if he goes to his 3rd or 4th reads. Sometimes guys just can’t process fast and they can’t fix it. I’ve seen him make unbelievable throws then make bonehead plays. It can be fixable but it is big problem for a QB.

I also think he has a slow release. Been a problem since college.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched Fields play, and he sucks. He’s a RB, not a QB. He‘s extremely inaccurate and kind of a turnover machine. Fields and Pickett are equal IMO - they are both busts. I don’t blame the Steelers for making the move because like you say it doesn’t cost anything, but Fields is not the QB of the future in Pittsburgh.

I’m so glad my Falcons didn’t get Fields, I saw some dumbasses whining about getting Cousins instead of Fields online today, and that is incredibly dumb. Cousins is a good passer, Fields isn’t, and that’s what matters in a QB.

Just admit it, you didn't really watch him play...it's ok...plenty on here just parrot stupid info...we don't mind

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is like rookie year Josh Allen. Maybe the light turns on but teams can't wait forever.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep he is actually has pretty good accuracy and a great arm, like you said his issue is going through reads-very slow at times if he goes to his 3rd or 4th reads. Sometimes guys just can’t process fast and they can’t fix it. I’ve seen him make unbelievable throws then make bonehead plays. It can be fixable but it is big problem for a QB.

I also think he has a slow release. Been a problem since college.

Honestly, he can throw the ball pretty well, most of his problems come when it matters most, 3rd down and bone head plays in the 4th quarter. Don't tell anybody though, let them think he just sucks and is a RB that can't throw. Denial isn't a river in Africa....just saying

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is definitely better than a RB. Will he ever fix his issues, who knows especially with Arthur Smith in PIT. His main issues are slow progression and release. He has enough talent if he can fix the issues he can be a starter in this league even if it average. Who knows at this point. Giving up a 7th essentially is good value and worth the risk. Extremely unlikely to find a good player in late rounds.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, he can throw the ball pretty well, most of his problems come when it matters most, 3rd down and bone head plays in the 4th quarter. Don't tell anybody though, let them think he just sucks and is a RB that can't throw. Denial isn't a river in Africa....just saying
Denial is not recognizing the entire nfl thinks he is a backup

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you obviously watched that game last year when he led the Bears to a 37-17 win over your boys.
Whoop De Fucking Doo, he beat the 2023 Falcons. Give him a prize, that’s a hell of an accomplishment. Now he gets to go play for dipshit Arthur Smith who ruined the Falcons last few seasons.