• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is like rookie year Josh Allen. Maybe the light turns on but teams can't wait forever.
That is a fair comparison. I would say 2nd year Allen. Josh Allen had one of most remarkable turnarounds ever but he did it early. Fields is still young but it comes to the point where maybe his issues just aren’t fixable. Worth a try for another year but if they don’t see progression he won’t make it in this league

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,456.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denial is not recognizing the entire nfl thinks he is a backup
Still just 25 and been with a shitty org like Chicago (sorry Bears fans).....

If he was in Baltimore, LAC or IDK....Pittsburgh? Different story.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoop De Fucking Doo, he beat the 2023 Falcons. Give him a prize, that’s a hell of an accomplishment. Now he gets to go play for dipshit Arthur Smith who ruined the Falcons last few seasons.
Just sayin'.....He accounted for more than 300 yards and 2 TDs in that game. Didn't see a lot of suckage there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are putting too much emphasize on the 5th year, it doesn’t matter bc we now see he isn’t worth the 5th year. You get one year of Fields for essentially a 7th. If you want him long-term you decline the option and sign him to whatever, (for example 3 yr $24M- $8M/yr) if you see something in him from his development.

Yes I understand that Shane... just Duffman brought up that they have to decide on the 5th year option by May... and that to me was quite amusing. I know Duff is just stating the fact and circumstances, my point was the hilarity of thinking the Steelers would ever do that, and if they did I'm going to be rolling on the floor trying to breathe.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, that pretty much locks the Bears into the 1st pick in the draft and Caleb Williams. Should be a great time adding his dad to the Chicago sports media. Can't wait for the stupidity to start, now I just have to wait to see which morons go off first.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a fair comparison. I would say 2nd year Allen. Josh Allen had one of most remarkable turnarounds ever but he did it early. Fields is still young but it comes to the point where maybe his issues just aren’t fixable. Worth a try for another year but if they don’t see progression he won’t make it in this league
Statistically I'd say you're right. Josh Allen did get 'clutch' fairly early on and as it's been mentioned Fields has issues closing.

Based on what I saw last year, some of that was just bad execution and with a better organization that could get cleaned up.

Mariota is still in the league. Fields will get his chances.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I understand that Shane... just Duffman brought up that they have to decide on the 5th year option by May... and that to me was quite amusing. I know Duff is just stating the fact and circumstances, my point was the hilarity of thinking the Steelers would ever do that, and if they did I'm going to be rolling on the floor trying to breathe.
Ahh gotchya. Yeah I mean they can just tell Fields now we are declining your 5th year so just a heads up lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically I'd say you're right. Josh Allen did get 'clutch' fairly early on and as it's been mentioned Fields has issues closing.

Based on what I saw last year, some of that was just bad execution and with a better organization that could get cleaned up.

Mariota is still in the league. Fields will get his chances.
Yeah and organization matters more than most believe. I think he is in a much better spot BUT that doesn’t mean he will turn it around.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh gotchya. Yeah I mean they can just tell Fields now we are declining your 5th year so just a heads up lol

Or... they can exercise it... which will induce laughter that echos from my office for miles... I'd prefer the latter for the amusement and ab workout.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched Fields play, and he sucks. He’s a RB, not a QB. He‘s extremely inaccurate and kind of a turnover machine. Fields and Pickett are equal IMO - they are both busts. I don’t blame the Steelers for making the move because like you say it doesn’t cost anything, but Fields is not the QB of the future in Pittsburgh.

I’m so glad my Falcons didn’t get Fields, I saw some dumbasses whining about getting Cousins instead of Fields online today, and that is incredibly dumb. Cousins is a good passer, Fields isn’t, and that’s what matters in a QB.
In fairness to those people complaining getting Cousins, your owner just spent 180mil on a guy that has 1 career playoff win and not much else. 1 more career playoff than what Justin Fields has. Atlanta should have drafted a QBoF with that 11th pick and really built up the team while working on a cheap rookie QB contract.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to those people complaining getting Cousins, your owner just spent 180mil on a guy that has 1 career playoff win and not much else. 1 more career playoff than what Justin Fields has. Atlanta should have drafted a QBoF with that 11th pick and really built up the team while working on a cheap rookie QB contract.

I mean they're thinking win now... they have a decent OL, a top end RB/TE (prospects anyway, neither have been ELITE compared to others yet), and a decent WR... and a defense that was average. If they can draft another WR (in a very deep class) and EDGE (both are fairly deep) they MAY have a shot.

The NFC South sucks. The NFC North is kind of in a little rebuild phase outside of the Lions. The NFC East has fallen apart. And the NFC West with San Fran might be the only major competition given Donald just retired.

I dunno, seemed a bit hasty to me too... But maybe they didn't like Nix or McCarthy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have traded up for Daniels if possible bc a rookie contract is the most valuable thing in the NFL. BUT it is a risk and you have a team built for the playoffs now. You can’t put playoff wins all on a QB, Cousins is a top 10 QB without a doubt. The Vikings most years had a below average defense at best, not all on him but he also had some bad moments.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins was clearly the best option for the Falcons - they couldn’t get Williams/Maye/Daniels, the Bears/Commanders/Pats aren’t going to trade. Cousins is a good QB who can pass well, he’s thrown for over 4000 yards seven times in his career, and he was averaging almost 300 yards a game last year before he got injured. The Falcons have a pretty good amount of talent on their roster and by adding in Cousins they become the favorite to win the division. If they had gone with Fields they would not be the favorites to win the division and Cousins is a much better QB than Fields.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both QB moves make great sense for the Steelers. Hard for both moves to work out. Both QBs are 1-year rentals. It would be ridiculous to extend either QB before Week 10, and neither will want to re-sign between then and the pre-2025 FA market. Plenty of intrigue ahead.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. The big Wilson/Fields question...

Who sells more replica shirts?

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was the defense.
Exactly - in each of the Bears 7 wins last season, they allowed no more than 20 points in a game. They had a decent defense last year. Fields is a bust, he’s a RB more than a QB.