• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is done and an aging veteran. At least Fields is young and he has a chance to develop, even if it is a little chance
Fields is no different than Pickett. They are both reclamation projects. Both ruined by OC's and HC's, if either ever had a chance.

I'm not looking at Fields as a possible Franchise Player ever, and that's what a team needs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is no different than Pickett. They are both reclamation projects. Both ruined by OC's and HC's, if either ever had a chance.

I'm not looking at Fields as a possible Franchise Player ever, and that's what a team needs.
He has way more talent than Pickett but worth the risk for the 4th they acquired in the Pickett trade. Doesn’t have to be a long-term option just ANOTHER option. No risk

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't have to be a Fields fan, but please cut the crap in comparing him and Pickett as equals. Not even close.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to be a Fields fan, but please cut the crap in comparing him and Pickett as equals. Not even close.
Not saying they are equals. I'm saying they both have an unacceptably low ceiling.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Pittsburgh trades for Fields.

They told RW he would be the starter and there would be no competition. Fields would be too high profile.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More likely they sign a veteran backup, somebody like Huntley or Dobbs.

No threat to start.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eagles like to trade for QBs on rookie deals with experience. But the prior trade for Gardner Minshew a few years ago was much better than this one IMO.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could still see the Rams possibly taking a shot with him. That's cheap enough for a backup QB.
I hope not. If cut I don't think he'd be claimed. I don't see average NFL back-up QB ability at this point. He played behind a terrible O-Line so he could develop, but it's going to take time. A team will be paying him to perform under hostile fire, not for the privilege of trying to develop him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, this is one of the craziest offseasons imo
Meanwhile in Dallas:

200w.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Donald changes it all. Add in dead cap the next two years. I guess Donald wanted to retire if they weren’t contending

Despite the Rams' amazing draft class, I think he figures the Rams wont be competing... so he'll just save his body for retirement. He'll go down as one of the best (possibly contending as the best) DT in NFL history. Certainly saved Ramsay from being one of the biggest jokes/memes in SBOWL history (that everyone will forget).

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Howell trade for Seattle. He had one of the worst Olines in football, but he showed some talent out there.
--I wonder if this means that SEattle won't be drafting a QB this year
--What is the value that the Skins got for Howell? I know they got some pick swaps, but what does it all add up to? Did they get a 4th or a 5th in value?

Curl is an underrated signing for the Rams.

The Bears are certainly loaded up at WR (assuming Allen stays healthy) now with Moore and Allen. They had the cap space, might as well take a flyer on him for a 4th rounder. The Chargers...wow did they need cap space badly, but they are in a tighter spot now at WR, practically locking themselves in to take a WR in the first rd this year (they'll have a choice of some good ones).

I guess Dallas is going RB in the early rounds of the draft? They're not really gonna roll with what they have, right? ...right?

Not sure what to think of the White signing in Philly. Didn't the Bucs start phasing him out of their defense last season?
riveria,s best pick in 4 years.