• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets' Faried arrested for pot possession

tenor.gif

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think he gets 1 more............MAYBE 2......but prolly not.

No chance in Hell he gets 6 and passes Kobe in far of rings.

But, I think he's better than Kobe overall as a player right now.
Honestly, I don't think he will win anymore championships. The only way I can see it even being a possibility is if the Dubs are disassembled by either injuries or cap/salary issues.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I kind of agree with what Jeanie said (and not just because she's hawt, rich and owns my favorite team lol), but not 100%. I mean, I'm sure @ChiefsLakers67 isn't the only Lakers fan who was against Lebron joining the Lakers, but will still be a Lakers fan.

I tend to agree with @Shaqdaddy11 I'm not necessarily a fan of Lebron being on the team, but I am a fan of his basketball skills being on the team.
I get it. I'm sure my love for Kobe might have a small role in my decision - but I stand by it & was happy to voluntarily turn it over.

However, I ALMOST felt compelled to back track though after the I Promise school was introduced & the details were shared. Almost. :heh:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson may now test free agency instead of signing a team-friendly extension, and it could make the Warriors' biggest problem worse

As Marcus Thompson reported, the Warriors had conversations with Klay about an extension starting at $23 million per year. That would come out to about a four-year, $92 million extension.

If Klay becomes a free agent, another team could offer him a deal worth as much as $139 million over four years. That would be a massive increase from the Warriors' proposed extension.

If Klay were to become a free agent, there would likely be teams willing to offer him that max deal (or somewhere close to it). That would force the Warriors to match or at least pay something close to another team's offer to keep Thompson.

The problem is the amount of money the Warriors are already paying for their roster. Stephen Curry is locked into a super-max deal that will pay him $166 million over the next four years. Draymond Green is owed $36 million over the next two seasons before his deal is up. Durant will have a $31 million player option next summer. Andre Iguodala is owed about $33 million over the next two seasons.

The roster is slated to become historically expensive, particularly because of the tax penalties.

Warriors GM Bob Myers explained to Tim Kawakami of The Athletichow the Warriors were hesitant to use their $5 million mid-level exception this offseason because adding $5 million in salary to the roster was really like adding $20 million because of taxes. They ended up using it on DeMarcus Cousins, with Myers arguing a player of Cousins' talent is worthwhile.

"We were reluctant to do the mid-level because of what it cost us," Myers told Kawakami. "You know this because you're pretty educated. But $5 million for us is, yes, the player gets $5 million, but it costs us $20 (million with luxury-tax penalties). So it's a $20 million acquisition for us, which, you don't do that lightly. I wouldn't try to spend $20 million of Joe's [Lacob] money without thinking it through, even though the player only makes a quarter of that."

If Klay Thompson were to turn down extensions to hit free agency, it suggests it's because he wants to make more than what the Warriors are offering. Thompson is set to make $18.9 million this season. If Thompson's next deal paid him, say, $7 million more per year to $26 million per year, it would add to an already hefty payroll for the Warriors, as Myers explained.
None of this is anything most of us didn't already know. SMH

Also, it's been reported (once again for those that refuse to believe it) that Klay would like to retire a GS Warrior. So, there's that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they are basically paying 4-1 tax right now....every marginal dollar is really like spending 5 dollars basically.

This year- and probably (but not for sure) next year, and i think that we have most likely seen the big 4 era end in GSW. If I HAD TO BET i would say there is 2 more years of the Big 4---- unless Durant gets happy feet or Klay goes for big money and then only 1.

Another team can offer Klay 4 years 139 million, or just about 35M per year.

Say he takes a 5 million dollar discount to stay with the Warriors and takes 30M a year.

He makes about 18.5 this year. That difference is, of course, 11.5M. With a repeater tax penalty of 4.25:1 - that 11.5M dollar increase for Klay would represent about a total expenditure of an ADDITIONAL 50M or so for the Warriors- just to keep Klay at his heightened salary.

Assume something similar for Draymond once he becomes a free agent--- prob. an addiitonal 50M just to keep the status quo- all else being equal.

Iggy is still signed for what? this year and next year? so its not like he is going to leave soon and give them cap relief.

The Warriors will eat the luxury tax for one season for sure. Livingston is on a partially guaranteed contract and might be a cap casualty. Then the next season Iguodala's 17M is off the books. But again that's when Draymond's in line for his free agency.

The unknown is what Durant's new deal will look like. He's also a free agent with Klay and we'll see what he does.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedi, Cedi, Cedi
. . .Can't you see?
Sometimes your words
j. . .Just hypnotize me

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was Cedi there?

Lmfao...

Let the Durant and Kawhi to Lakers rumors begin.
LeBron loves Cedi he really does

just dont be surprised when Cedi surprises some people. Maybe not right away because they will prob be playing some of the vets like Hill and Jr and Korver etc. to try and move them--- but Cedi will get some decent PT early on.

Especially with Hood unsigned- Cedi might see some pretty solid minutes at the 3. Itll be interesting to see.

way better than some slob like McCaw just you watch

"As for James and Osman, the two became close this past season in Cleveland, with Osman eventually earning a spot in James' post-practice shooting group. Throughout the regular season, James often spoke highly of Osman's basketball IQ and professional approach despite playing time that fluctuated. "

Last edited:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was Cedi there?

Lmfao...

Let the Durant and Kawhi to Lakers rumors begin.
Durant and Kawhi to the Cavs to team with Cedi seems more likely.