• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they are basically paying 4-1 tax right now....every marginal dollar is really like spending 5 dollars basically.

This year- and probably (but not for sure) next year, and i think that we have most likely seen the big 4 era end in GSW. If I HAD TO BET i would say there is 2 more years of the Big 4---- unless Durant gets happy feet or Klay goes for big money and then only 1.

Another team can offer Klay 4 years 139 million, or just about 35M per year.

Say he takes a 5 million dollar discount to stay with the Warriors and takes 30M a year.

He makes about 18.5 this year. That difference is, of course, 11.5M. With a repeater tax penalty of 4.25:1 - that 11.5M dollar increase for Klay would represent about a total expenditure of an ADDITIONAL 50M or so for the Warriors- just to keep Klay at his heightened salary.

Assume something similar for Draymond once he becomes a free agent--- prob. an addiitonal 50M just to keep the status quo- all else being equal.

Iggy is still signed for what? this year and next year? so its not like he is going to leave soon and give them cap relief.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think LBJ every matches or passes Kobe's ring count. And, while LBJ has gotten better in terms of his killer instinct that still doesn't match Kobe's either.
Kobe can have the "killer instinct"--- LeBron is just better- much better teammate too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ

just wondering what your thoughts are on Khalil Mack....whether he will eventually show up, whether you want the Raiders to give him what he wants, whether you want the Raiders to trade him etc....

he is without a doubt their best player---- and even with the Browns likely getting a very high first round pick again- if i were the Browns id have to at least consider offering it for a talent like Mack.

Your Raiders kind of seem to be kind of a mess considering their best player doesnt seem like he has any interest in playing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ

just wondering what your thoughts are on Khalil Mack....whether he will eventually show up, whether you want the Raiders to give him what he wants, whether you want the Raiders to trade him etc....

he is without a doubt their best player---- and even with the Browns likely getting a very high first round pick again- if i were the Browns id have to at least consider offering it for a talent like Mack.

Your Raiders kind of seem to be kind of a mess considering their best player doesnt seem like he has any interest in playing.

Do you get the hilarious irony of you calling the Raiders a mess?:laugh3:

i.jpg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ

I FUCKING DON'T KNOW......NOT SURE WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING WITH A FRANCHISE DEFENSIVE PLAYER....

I HAVE BEEN ON BOARD WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING THEY HAVE DONE SINCE GRUDEN WAS HIRED.....THIS IS BS.

PS: STILL DRAINED FROM MOVING, WE MOVE NEXT SUMMER AND I'LL PAY 1200-1500 FOR A30 FOOT MOVING VAN AND 3 GUYS.....TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ

Just saw Mack and went off....Calmed down and re-read it.

Give him what he wants.....he is a game changer.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think LBJ every matches or passes Kobe's ring count. And, while LBJ has gotten better in terms of his killer instinct that still doesn't match Kobe's either.

I agree, I think he gets 1 more............MAYBE 2......but prolly not.

No chance in Hell he gets 6 and passes Kobe in far of rings.

But, I think he's better than Kobe overall as a player right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Mack and went off....Calmed down and re-read it.

Give him what he wants.....he is a game changer.
yah Mack, i think, might very well be the best defensive player in football- certainly top 5.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Mack, i think, might very well be the best defensive player in football- certainly top 5.

I hope they give in and sign him soon.

Can't believe after all we've been through sucking and shit....we made he playoffs 2 seasons ago, we'd go back to 4-12 or 5-11.....and that's what will happen if we trade him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of a teams best player who gets that title for the Browns? I'll go w/ the long snapper.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of a teams best player who gets that title for the Browns? I'll go w/ the long snapper.
I would pick one out of Myles Garrett, Joel Bitonio,

of course Baker and Ward were just the #1 and #4 picks but need some time as does Chubb, Peppers, Njoku.

Landry, Zeitler, Kirksey, Ogbah are good above average NFL players as well.

I am thinking between 4 and 7 wins--- gun to my head id guess 6.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pick one out of Myles Garrett, Joel Bitonio,

of course Baker and Ward were just the #1 and #4 picks but need some time as does Chubb, Peppers, Njoku.

Landry, Zeitler, Kirksey, Ogbah are good above average NFL players as well.

I am thinking between 4 and 7 wins--- gun to my head id guess 6.

I'd like to have your optimism (and I hope you're right) about the win total this year. As pathetic as it is I'd consider 3 wins a successful season. But seeing as how Hue is 1-31 in 2 years I have little to no faith of that happening.

downloadsdaas.jpg :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss and @Wamu

What are your thoughts on Joe Thomas retiring? I heard an interview with him on Dan Patrick last week. Seemed like a class dude.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss and @Wamu

What are your thoughts on Joe Thomas retiring? I heard an interview with him on Dan Patrick last week. Seemed like a class dude.

He will be missed greatly & he's irreplaceable. He did everything right his entire career. And I look forward to when he becomes a 1st ballot HOFer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, which is why I turned in my Laker card. :nod:

Lol. I kind of agree with what Jeanie said (and not just because she's hawt, rich and owns my favorite team lol), but not 100%. I mean, I'm sure @ChiefsLakers67 isn't the only Lakers fan who was against Lebron joining the Lakers, but will still be a Lakers fan.

I tend to agree with @Shaqdaddy11 I'm not necessarily a fan of Lebron being on the team, but I am a fan of his basketball skills being on the team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss and @Wamu

its a bummer that Thomas couldnt have made it another year or two becuase he is unbeleivable. One of the best ever in history to play his position--- right when they start getting thigns turned around he had to retire which sucks and i feeel bad for him.

But you could not get a classier, hard working, talented guy. One of the all time great offensive lineman in league history--- his consecutive snaps played streak will never be broken.

On all those bad Browns teams he NEVEr took a snap off his whole career till the end when he got hurt

Joe Thomas’ consecutive snap streak ends due to injury

Thomas' streak started in Week 1 of his rookie season in 2007 and he had not missed a single offensive snap since. In September, he surpassed the 10,000 snap benchmark.

“I just hope it means I’m a regular guy who gets up every morning and goes to work, and plays as hard as he can, and is a good teammate," he said in September. "I hope that’s what they say about me.”

he is not on the level of a Jim Brown or Otto Grahama- each of who are the best of all timeor close to it at their positions- but hes def a top 10 LT.