• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think he will win anymore championships. The only way I can see it even being a possibility is if the Dubs are disassembled by either injuries or cap/salary issues.
I think W's have 1 more season as is and then it gets interesting....

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. I'm sure my love for Kobe might have a small role in my decision - but I stand by it & was happy to voluntarily turn it over.

However, I ALMOST felt compelled to back track though after the I Promise school was introduced & the details were shared. Almost. :heh:

Not criticizing you. Hope it didn't come off like that and I apologize if it did.

Some folks like teams because of a specific player. I mean, the only reason @gordontrue is a Lakers fan right now is because of Lebron being a Laker. He's shown himself to be a very astute and knowledgeable basketball fan, so I'm sure that when Lebron retires, he will remain a Lakers fan. But for now, it's because of Lebron.

For me, I'm a Lakers fan. So it doesn't matter who's on the team, if they're wearing a Lakers uniform, I'm pulling for them whether I like the player or not.

Hell, I rooted for Rick Fox when he was a Laker and he was a former Celtic ffs. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this is anything most of us didn't already know. SMH

Also, it's been reported (once again for those that refuse to believe it) that Klay would like to retire a GS Warrior. So, there's that.

Yeah, keeping the "Big 4" together is going to be tough, but I think it's doable. But the FO and the players are going to all have to be willing to sacrifice.

Basically, the FO likely has a number that is the maximum they are willing to pay in luxury taxes and I would imagine that there is a maximum number of years that they are willing to pay it attached as well.

The players probably all have maximum amounts that they are willing to give up as well. That number is likely different for each player.

The question will be how close they can get the numbers.

Reactions: LAD

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's great news. ESPN has massively undervalued him for as long as he's been with them. No one works harder and gives real, genuine analysis the way he does. Still miss SVP and Russillo though. They were perfect together. Hilarious but you still got all your sports. It was the perfect sports radio show

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are always welcome to join the Process.

...but you are required to sit out for at least one season first. Which ankle is your favorite?

misery-ankle.jpg

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not criticizing you. Hope it didn't come off like that and I apologize if it did.

Some folks like teams because of a specific player. I mean, the only reason @gordontrue is a Lakers fan right now is because of Lebron being a Laker. He's shown himself to be a very astute and knowledgeable basketball fan, so I'm sure that when Lebron retires, he will remain a Lakers fan. But for now, it's because of Lebron.

For me, I'm a Lakers fan. So it doesn't matter who's on the team, if they're wearing a Lakers uniform, I'm pulling for them whether I like the player or not.

Hell, I rooted for Rick Fox when he was a Laker and he was a former Celtic ffs. lol
I didn't take it as criticism. I always appreciate your perspective. :suds:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, keeping the "Big 4" together is going to be tough, but I think it's doable. But the FO and the players are going to all have to be willing to sacrifice.

Basically, the FO likely has a number that is the maximum they are willing to pay in luxury taxes and I would imagine that there is a maximum number of years that they are willing to pay it attached as well.

The players probably all have maximum amounts that they are willing to give up as well. That number is likely different for each player.

The question will be how close they can get the numbers.
And I would add that as long as their sacrifices continue to be fruitful - related to winning - I would imagine they will continue to be willing to work out ways to stay together.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, Derek Fisher can gtfo. I hated him even when he was on the Warriors. But then again we sucked so it was easier to hate him. If we were good at the time and he was actually a contributing member, I don't know how that would have affected my opinion on him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, Derek Fisher can gtfo. I hated him even when he was on the Warriors. But then again we sucked so it was easier to hate him. If we were good at the time and he was actually a contributing member, I don't know how that would have affected my opinion on him.
I would like to see Derek Fisher become a welter weight boxer - If you have seen the biceps on him, then you know that with some professional training, I think he could do some damage

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a LeBron James fan, but one can't deny he is an all time great and the best player in the NBA. With LeBron, the Lakers should be able to make the playoffs and be relevant - Can't argue with success

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I get that. I never liked Kobe. But he was a big part of 5 championships and provided some amazing moments. So, I rooted for the guy wearing #8 and then #24 while still not liking Kobe. lol

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a polarizing figure for sure. Still the guy's among the best players ever and you have to respect him as a player.