• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument here about had he played for the Yankees, however...as you know I've been streaming the games on MLB, when the games are away, you listen to the other teams announcers, no choice. I can honestly say overall they are constantly praising Beltre. I can't recall anytime an announcer said anything remotely disrepectful, he seems kind of untouchable in that way. If he makes an error, it's usually something along the lines of "there's something you rarely see" that's about the worst I've heard. (again, from the other team's announcers) he just seems to command that type of respect for reasons we've all seen.

though that's probably of little consolation, also, on ESPN someone said something to the effect...this is pretty close if I remember
"Adrian Beltre is a one-man constant highlight reel"

I guess my point is, no of course he doesn't have Jeter's fame, but there's no question he's a highly regarded player.
I doubt Adrian Beltre is worried about having enough respect or Derek Jeter, I don't think we should either.

(that sounded like a lecture, I didn't mean it to, just my two cents...I've grown to love Beltre too, I'm guessing we all have)
Completely agree - had Beltre been a Yankee or had spent substantial time in his career as a Dodger or Red Sox (more than he did), he would be a no brainer first ballot HOF'er. Hey I just spent 15 years watching Chipper Jones play (apparently he's a first ballot HOF'er) and AB runs rings around Jones...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night and day from the short video clips of him in Detroit. He looks much slimmer. He's going to be a fan favorite quickly.

I think so too. But on the chance he struggles in the beginning, I personally would not worry much.
I usually get crap about "adjustment phases", but for me, no question they're real.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree - had Beltre been a Yankee or had spent substantial time in his career as a Dodger or Red Sox (more than he did), he would be a no brainer first ballot HOF'er. Hey I just spent 15 years watching Chipper Jones play (apparently he's a first ballot HOF'er) and AB runs rings around Jones...

heh, that was funny about Jones.

Beltre will be a HOF'er, what ballot who knows, but he'll be in there.
Unless I've completely missed something.

anyway, for right now...hoping those legs hold up and we get another great season

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter is retiring. This next year is going to be nauseating with the Jeter retirement tour. Imagine the universal love Adrian Beltre would have if he played 3rd base in NY his entire career. He would be a first ballot hall of famer and a multiple MVP winner. I love you Adrian. I hope he knows how much he is appreciated in Texas. I've never seen a guy become my favorite player so quickly.

We've got someone crafting a pair of custom Texas cowboy boots for Jeter right now.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure... looks like he has lost a ton of weight and is going into the season very motivated... I like. Beltre might be right-he might be the MVP.

I think the phrase "best shape of my life" actually might apply here.
Exciting

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talks between Cruz and Seattle are on hold, reports Chris Cotillo of MLBDailyDish.com. With disagreement over contract value persisting, the club may be turning its attention to other priorities, says Cotillo.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talks between Cruz and Seattle are on hold, reports Chris Cotillo of MLBDailyDish.com. With disagreement over contract value persisting, the club may be turning its attention to other priorities, says Cotillo.

He needs to sign a $3M one year deal with us :flypig:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would give him a decent chunk of money on a one year deal.

depends on how how far they are willing to stretch payroll this season. as of right now it looks like after we get everyone signed we are going to be at record payroll numbers- even if we just stick with what we got.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would give him a decent chunk of money on a one year deal.

I like Cruz but I view it this way. If Cruz had not of been suspended we wouldn't have Rios. I really like Rios and everything he brings. If Cruz had of accepted the QO, we most likely would not have got both Choo and Prince.

I like the team the way it is now with Rios in RF, Choo in LF and Prince at 1st base. So I guess due to Cruz and the way it all played out, IMO we are a much better team now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz needs to bite the bullet and sign a 1 year contract with the Rangers. I know it is a risk for him but this is where he is comfortable and has the best chance of putting up good numbers to try free agency again.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cruz but I view it this way. If Cruz had not of been suspended we wouldn't have Rios. I really like Rios and everything he brings. If Cruz had of accepted the QO, we most likely would not have got both Choo and Prince.

I like the team the way it is now with Rios in RF, Choo in LF and Prince at 1st base. So I guess due to Cruz and the way it all played out, IMO we are a much better team now.
I could not agree more. I had not exactly thought it out that way but certainly see your point.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Us old-timers remember him playing for the Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz needs to bite the bullet and sign a 1 year contract with the Rangers. I know it is a risk for him but this is where he is comfortable and has the best chance of putting up good numbers to try free agency again.

I would love for that to happen but his best bet financially is probably to just sit on his hands and wait on an injury or until after that draft pick is no longer attached. I sort think him and the M's will have a deal worked at at some point though. That would be no good for us tough- we really could use that draft pick. Don't get me wrong though, I am all for us bring Cruz back.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently somebody jumped the gun...

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he does sign a one year deal. Would love him back at DH
Would not care to see he and MM platooning and I don't think Cruz would either.