• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me what Fraley's means about Profar/Olt please?

On Ron Washington being a lame duck manager:

Fraley: “It’s a bad situation for a manager to be in. It’s going to create a distraction. It’s going to create a lot of unnecessary problems for this team.”

Sherrington: “I think that there’s not question in my mind that Wash is prepared to be fired after this season if it doesn’t work out. He’s even talked about the fact that he could always get a job as a third base coach.”

Fraley: “The whole Profar/Olt thing went down so badly. I think there are still repursuccsions being felt from that. I think it created some questions about Wash as a manager within the organization.”

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleachers say it's Santana or Jiminez. Seems Cruz won't come down on price.

MLBTR states that they have looked at those two but are looking to see what is the best fit.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don, were you ever 18/19? Could be anything. Don't know about now with Josh or anyone else but $300MM ....well who knows. Probably will be fine.

First, of course I was. But Justin seemed to be implying Trout has some character issues which I'm totally unaware of. That's what I'm inquiring about. Never read a negative word about this guy.

As far as $300 mil is concerned, good Lord, who knows. I've said before, the economics of baseball boggles my brain.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, of course I was. But Justin seemed to be implying Trout has some character issues which I'm totally unaware of. That's what I'm inquiring about. Never read a negative word about this guy.

As far as $300 mil is concerned, good Lord, who knows. I've said before, the economics of baseball boggles my brain.

I've read several places that he's a giant douche rocket, but thats about the extent of it

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLBTR states that they have looked at those two but are looking to see what is the best fit.

their top prospect is hurt and dangit, now I've forgotton the other SP who's hurt
anyone two pitchers down right now...I agree it may have changed the Cruz situation

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[MEDIA=twitter]434113827165462528[/MEDIA]

Us old-timers remember him playing for the Rangers.

Fregosi actually played here twice. Once with the Rangers in the mid 70's and before that as a 19 year old SS with the AAA Dallas/Ft Worth Spurs. Fregosi, Dean Chance, who pitched a no hitter at the MLB level, and Bob Rogers, a catcher who managed the Brewers after his playing career was over, all played here at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me what Fraley's means about Profar/Olt please?

On Ron Washington being a lame duck manager:

Fraley: “It’s a bad situation for a manager to be in. It’s going to create a distraction. It’s going to create a lot of unnecessary problems for this team.”

Sherrington: “I think that there’s not question in my mind that Wash is prepared to be fired after this season if it doesn’t work out. He’s even talked about the fact that he could always get a job as a third base coach.”

Fraley: “The whole Profar/Olt thing went down so badly. I think there are still repursuccsions being felt from that. I think it created some questions about Wash as a manager within the organization.”

don't know, some thought Profar was suppose to play more at the end of the 2012 season when he was called up, Olt was hurt pretty quick. Sounds a little weak to me too, maybe they just don't get along/disagree would be a better guess or they think he's not a good manager....who knows.
anyway, he would get a 3rd base coaching position in a blink

then I would suspect he'd look around for management positions
the only thing that matters to me, is it really going to effect the team this season
you'd like to think not

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fregosi actually played here twice. Once with the Rangers in the mid 70's and before that as a 19 year old SS with the AAA Dallas/Ft Worth Spurs. Fregosi, Dean Chance, who pitched a no hitter at the MLB level, and Bob Rogers, a catcher who managed the Brewers after his playing career was over, all played here at the same time.

Damn...nice pickup on the Spurs. Didn't know this. :clap:

I remember Dean Chance as a young Nolan Ryan type; lot of SO and BB too. And they both had several years with the Angels.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't imply anything about his character. Wrong person. The only thing I implied was that I don't think it's smart to give a 23 year old kid a 10 year contract for 300 million, especially when he's already under team control for cheap.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't imply anything about his character. Wrong person. The only thing I implied was that I don't think it's smart to give a 23 year old kid a 10 year contract for 300 million, especially when he's already under team control for cheap.

Then I apologize.

And I agree with ya on his contract. He'll won't be arbitration eligible until after next season, and a FA in 2018.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers come to term with Moreland. $2.65 million.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's our DH unless.....Cruz shows up and then what. Don't see them platooning.

I don't know what should/could happen next. But I do know this, going to arbitration with a guy you want on your team is never a good idea. And this team seems intent on keeping MM.

So, let's go Rangers.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's our DH unless.....Cruz shows up and then what. Don't see them platooning.

It would be a good problem to have and I would be very happy with that situation but I think we are probably already in the confines of this seasons budget.

Happy Over Priced Chocolate and Flowers Day everyone!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a good problem to have and I would be very happy with that situation but I think we are probably already in the confines of this seasons budget.

Happy Over Priced Chocolate and Flowers Day everyone!
Back at ya Dude. Yea most likely Cruz isn't coming back.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have signed righty Jason Knapp to a minor league deal, [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]434409044019650560[/MEDIA]"]tweets[/ame] Eddy. As MLBTR's Steve Adams recently explained, Knapp is attempting a comeback after washing out of baseball following successive shoulder surgeries. The big hurler was once a top prospect, and headlined the deal that sent Cliff Lee from the Indians to the Phillies. Though he hasn't thrown a professional pitch since 2010, Knapp is just 23 years old and reportedly has managed to build his heater back up into the 90s.

JD just loves these low risk projects.