• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the post-draft/UDFA phase is well under way:

Poles usually finds a gem or two in these. Let's see if the new batch will produce any keepers.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the post-draft/UDFA phase is well under way:

Poles usually finds a gem or two in these. Let's see if the new batch will produce any keepers.
Still a long way to go before determining if there's a keeper in this UDFA batch. My initial reaction was if there's anyone who on paper seems to be a decent candidate for making the cut, it's Illinois DT Keith Randolph. However, according to this analyst, there's another who could potentially be a steal for the Bears, Jamree Kromah out of Div III James Madison College. Check out this YT review:

Maybe he makes the cut, maybe he makes the practice squad. I guess anything's possible. I'll be keeping an eye on both of these players this summer.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reading an article in the Sun-Times, it was brought up that there will be high expectations for Rome Odunze, based on recent history where there has been very good to excellent numbers by WRs taken in the top 10 of the draft, such as the Bengals’ Ja’Marr Chase (81-1,455, 13 touchdowns), the Dolphins’ Jaylen Waddle (104-1,015, 6) and the Eagles’ DeVonta Smith (54-916, 5) in 2021; the Falcons’ Drake London (72-866, 4) and the Jets’ Garrett Wilson (72-866, 4) in 2023.

One glaring difference tho on all these examples is Rome will be the only rookie of this bunch clearly established as the team's #3 receiver. None of those other teams had two 1,200+ yard receivers ranked ahead of their respective rookies. My early take is Odunze's production, barring injury that could thrust him into a #2 role, will likely resemble that of London's or Wilson's vs Chase's or Waddle's.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still plenty of offseason left, including OTAs, camp, and preseason games. There will undoubtedly be some changes as the Bears cut or add to the roster in the coming weeks. But at least we have a pretty good idea how it's shaping up. At this point, does anyone care to throw out an early guess as to the Bears record this year? I'm sure later down the road we'll have a more formal record predictions thread started, but right now I'm feeling 9-8, maybe 10-7 if things generally go well.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to believe Caleb leads a stronger offense all else being equal, so more wins. Time will tell.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still plenty of offseason left, including OTAs, camp, and preseason games. There will undoubtedly be some changes as the Bears cut or add to the roster in the coming weeks. But at least we have a pretty good idea how it's shaping up. At this point, does anyone care to throw out an early guess as to the Bears record this year? I'm sure later down the road we'll have a more formal record predictions thread started, but right now I'm feeling 9-8, maybe 10-7 if things generally go well.
10-7 and a WC berth sounds right. Especially considering the games we handed away last season - a 3 game improvement is quite reasonable. If things really fall in place, I think they might surprise people and be a year ahead of schedule. Obviously, I have to put the "health asterisk" next to any prediction. Anyone is capable of getting ravaged with injuries and suffering through an awful season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been curious since we signed Allen and drafted Odunze how our trio ranks amongst the league's other top threesomes:

Since this is from a local source, Windy City Gridiron, we have to acknowledge there could be some bias at play here. I believe the Niners, Eagles, and definitely the Dolphins should all be ranked higher than they are in this article. Nice to see the Bears right up there. I said from the moment Poles selected Odunze that we had the top trio in the Norris and one of the better threeseomes in the league. Not sure at this point with Odunze still unproven that I'd have them ranked 2nd - that's where the local bias comes in. But I'm confident by season's end our boyz will be in the conversation for ranking amongst the best.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been curious since we signed Allen and drafted Odunze how our trio ranks amongst the league's other top threesomes:

Since this is from a local source, Windy City Gridiron, we have to acknowledge there could be some bias at play here. I believe the Niners, Eagles, and definitely the Dolphins should all be ranked higher than they are in this article. Nice to see the Bears right up there. I said from the moment Poles selected Odunze that we had the top trio in the Norris and one of the better threeseomes in the league. Not sure at this point with Odunze still unproven that I'd have them ranked 2nd - that's where the local bias comes in. But I'm confident by season's end our boyz will be in the conversation for ranking amongst the best.
Does anyone have a trio like ours AND a solid pass catching TE like Kmet? I feel like Kmet gets lost in the midst of all of this talk about our stable of pass catchers.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype machine is on overdrive again.

Every time the Bears show some semblance of competitiveness we set ourselves up for massive letdown.

Maybe this time will be different...but damn if I'm not bracing for impact. Way too many people are riding this train that it feels too good to be true.

Hopefully we don't open the season with Green Bay again...Losing to that team really sucks the winds out of our sails. Prefer we get a few games under the belt before we face them.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we don't open the season with Green Bay again...

I was kinda thinking this.......

I Think there would be a lot of pressure on Caleb to start the season vs GB......

Hopefully he gets a couple games under his belt before we see them.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every time the Bears show some semblance of competitiveness we set ourselves up for massive letdown.

Maybe this time will be different...but damn if I'm not bracing for impact. Way too many people are riding this train that it feels too good to be true.

Hopefully we don't open the season with Green Bay again...Losing to that team really sucks the winds out of our sails. Prefer we get a few games under the belt before we face them.
A-fucking-men on the Green Bay portion of this.

You just know DAMN well how much the NFL adores opening with that game in week 1.

When we lose to them, no matter how much of an overreaction it is? It's like 9/11 happened all over again, if you were to listen to Bears fans. Also, the early season losses as well. It has really created a sense of panic early on.

The headline makes itself for the NFL with the new generation of Bears/Packers QB's. "CW vs Love. How will this be different? Will GB continue to turn out sensational QB's? Is Love going to make the jump and be next in line? Is it finally the Bears turn? Is this the beginning of a 10-15 year QB rivalry and a golden age of Bears/Packers games? A rivalry renewed?"

The hype trailers and narratives create themselves. It seems so obvious.

Damnit...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we aren’t over 500 this year, then it’ll be a disaster. That might even be cause to fire coaches. Not what we want for our new qb.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @wood20ks I know you spend more time here now but I sent you a PM over on HN since I could not find one between you and I here....

And I cannot create new ones here.....