• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys are a bunch of whiny bitches

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You just said he wasn't spending enough time in the film room. None of us know what he does. He's again only played like 18 Games. Yet I'm still confident in kap a hell of a lot more then these other scrub qbs. He may have regressed a little. Again he has only played 18 games total. That is a huge topic bring overlooked I believe. Hell Wilson, luck, dalton and even newton who have played more games have shown "regression" or crappy games. Is what it sould be.

Please stop acting as if this is a one-game thing. This was the worst, but Kap has struggled throwing the ball most of the season. That is not "what it should be." The only weak link on this team is at WR, and every other team in the league is able to get production out of that position without top-tier talent. That's obviously not all on Kap, but his slow progressions and poor reads certainly don't help the situation.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a sophomore slump. The question that's more interesting is can it be fixed and if so how? I guess that's two questions.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, guys. At least you didn't lose to JACKSONVILLE. There is still hope.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not the losing that kills me its the way we lose. In the three losses has kaep even produced 300 combined yards? You can't tell me its because he had nobody to throw to if that's the case call some screens to the rbs. We had some weapons today in Boldin Manningham Gore James hunter and McDonald.

yes we did have those weapons and Hunter fumbled and McDonald dropped a pass in his hands that would have been HUGE....Please, the entire O was horrible-well except Gore....

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes we did have those weapons and Hunter fumbled and McDonald dropped a pass in his hands that would have been HUGE....Please, the entire O was horrible-well except Gore....

That Hunter fumble was just a great defensive play. That McDonald drop was painful to watch.That was all on him. Kap did his part.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the rest of the offense played badly (with the exception of Gore) does not excuse Kap from his obvious deficiencies. Its not like it hasn't been a problem for a while. I won't give up on Kap just like I didn't give up on Alex. He is the 49ers QB. However Kap isn't reading defenses well. he isn't recognizing blitzes, and getting it too his hot reads. He isn't demonstrating the ability to get away from pressure, or get the ball out in time. His touch leaves something to be desired.

I don't think people are just saying Kap is shit, and we need to replace him. What I think people are saying is this is what Kap needs to get better at if we are going to contend again.

Not to mention his off the field personal choices, for all appearances are poor. From all the evidence I have seen this kid needs to get his head back on straight, and get back in the game. We just gave away another game to a good team.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That Hunter fumble was just a great defensive play. That McDonald drop was painful to watch.That was all on him. Kap did his part.

I'd flip those around. The Hunter fumble was all on him - gotta have both arms on the ball going through the LOS. The McDonald drop was a great defensive play.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My disdain for Roman is well documented and spans back to last season. He does not adjust gameplan on the fly well at all.

I don't think Roman is terrible by any means but he has quite a few flaws and honestly I wouldn't be sad to see him leave for an HC job.

The biggest issue I have with Roman is it's becoming painfully obvious why he was just the running game coordinator at Standford because he's a brilliant mind when it comes to the run game but his ability to put together a passing game is looking increasingly suspect.

I mean he creates a lot of different and unique ways to run the ball but he can't do anything that's remotely creative in the passing game.

Granted in his defense Kap hasn't been fantastic by any means and our WR corp isn't overflowing with talent but that's all the more reason you need to be creative to get guys open and to get Kap some easy reads and throws. Why not give Kap an easy throw to LMJ and let LMJ operate in space where he can use his speed to his fullest? I love Bruce Miller but why is he our 3rd leading receiver?

We keep hearing Kap is a one read QB but the same thing was said with Smith under center which begs to question how much is it on Kap and how much is it on Roman having creating a passing attack based on one read?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Roman is terrible by any means but he has quite a few flaws and honestly I wouldn't be sad to see him leave for an HC job.

The biggest issue I have with Roman is it's becoming painfully obvious why he was just the running game coordinator at Standford because he's a brilliant mind when it comes to the run game but his ability to put together a passing game is looking increasingly suspect.

I mean he creates a lot of different and unique ways to run the ball but he can't do anything that's remotely creative in the passing game.

Granted in his defense Kap hasn't been fantastic by any means and our WR corp isn't overflowing with talent but that's all the more reason you need to be creative to get guys open and to get Kap some easy reads and throws. Why not give Kap an easy throw to LMJ and let LMJ operate in space where he can use his speed to his fullest? I love Bruce Miller but why is he our 3rd leading receiver?

We keep hearing Kap is a one read QB but the same thing was said with Smith under center which begs to question how much is it on Kap and how much is it on Roman having creating a passing attack based on one read?

i've argued this for a while, roman does a lot of stupid shit and is very vanilla with the passing attack. the piss poor 3rd down and red zone passing offense shows it.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the pass routes he uses in his plays are pretty limited especially when you need to get the ball out quick against a front like the Panthers. Why we don't have more slants and screens is beyond me. I'd try to utilize Hunter and James in space in the passing game and get some balls to Boldin on WR screens so he can use that yac.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting that a lot of criticism is being directed to Roman.. Most of it are legit but how many times did Kaep called an audible and it did not work?.. I say both Kaep and Roman deserve the criticism for the offense

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Interesting that a lot of criticism is being directed to Roman.. Most of it are legit but how many times did Kaep called an audible and it did not work?.. I say both Kaep and Roman deserve the criticism for the offense

I don't think anyone is excusing Kap because he has his share of the blame but Roman is the OC and he needs to be the one to call and create plays to put guys in positions to succeed and to recognize and adjust based on what's going on in the game.

Kap was struggling and the offensive line was struggling to maintain blocks so you need to throw in a couple of quick hitting pass plays to help your guys out. Like Ray said where are the slants and screens? A quick PA pass?

I just think he calls a brilliant running game but terrible passing game.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes the pass routes he uses in his plays are pretty limited especially when you need to get the ball out quick against a front like the Panthers. Why we don't have more slants and screens is beyond me. I'd try to utilize Hunter and James in space in the passing game and get some balls to Boldin on WR screens so he can use that yac.

The slant to Manningham was a nice play. One of the few third down plays that actually worked for us. I have no idea why we don't call more of those. We are terrible at running screens - specifically blocking for them - but maybe if we actually ran them we'd improve at them. I agree we need more creativity when a pass rush is getting home.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching staff has no confidence in Kaep making the quick pass to anybody.
*Plus why is Kaep ALWAYS saying "kill kill" at the line of scrimmage? It seems like the other teams force Kaep to change the play and have him audible to a new play. I think Kaep should just keep the play that was called from the coaches and perform.

*Also what happend to this offensive explosion with Kaep? :noidea:

Throw that damn read option play out of the play book. It sucks and hasn't worked all season long.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Coaching staff has no confidence in Kaep making the quick pass to anybody.
*Plus why is Kaep ALWAYS saying "kill kill" at the line of scrimmage? It seems like the other teams force Kaep to change the play and have him audible to a new play. I think Kaep should just keep the play that was called from the coaches and perform.

*Also what happend to this offensive explosion with Kaep? :noidea:

Throw that damn read option play out of the play book. It sucks and hasn't worked all season long.

From what I understand (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that in our system the QB gets two plays from the OC and calls both those plays in the huddle.

From there he is supposed to read the defense and if he says "kill kill kill" the first play he called is "killed" and the second play becomes the play they run.

So he's not just calling an audible out of the blue but still running one of the plays the coach wants.

Now whether he's reading the defense correctly and selecting the right play out of those two is another matter entirely and one we really will never know the answer too but from what I've read over time Kap usually makes the correct call.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that manning was drafted much higher and still played shitty. Quit acting like kaepernick is the god damn best qb ever to grace the field and that he should be golden every week. I see brady, Bree's even Rodgers play like shit.

This shit happens. Carolina played us good. It's funny warty I haven't seen you post all season till now. Where were you when we were winning.

Is there a reason you always put an apostrophe between the 'e' and the 'a' in Bree's? Just wondering . Is it a phone/computer autocorrect, habit, or style?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did people even watch the fucking game today? Kaepernick was constantly pressured. Their DL simply out-played our OL and made Kaepernick uncomfortable in the pocket all day. And losing Vernon Davis with an already depleted receiving corps is a huge hit.

Again, not absolving Kaepernick of any blame, but you all sound fucking ridiculous right now. You want Alex Smith back? Okay, take him back. Just know, that Alex Smith is ALSO completing less than 60% of his passes at a MUCH lower YPA, and is a good 20 points lower in QBR than Kaepernick.

Get a fucking grip people. Such a stupid and whiny fan base.

Ehh, Kaepernick > Smith. That's been established already.

But when comparing the same teams, on our team, Smith had a higher YPA, completion rate, QBR, and rating than our team has now in 2013. I blame that on the oline, WRs, coaching, inexperience, etc.

If Smith were here with our depleted WR corps, Smith would not be doing as well as 2012, but maybe better than he's doing in KC. His game doesn't have as high of ups as Kaepernick's but didn't dip too low when he was here. Smith relied on targets that weren't needed to be the tops (checkdowns) and a common target (V. Davis). He audibled into runs successfully. He doesn't take advantage of Crabtree and Boldin, but it doesn't seem like we are doing that now (other than Green Bay game), either. He seemed to be steady here, which wasn't always a good thing if playing a tough enough team, but likely wouldn't be having the same types of struggles as our offense is (other struggles, yes).

I'm not comparing the two, just KC Alex and hypothetically 2013 Alex in SF. (The percentage would be higher than. 60% and QBR would be better than "20 points lower.")

Last edited by a moderator: