• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which WR will have the biggest impact on his new team?

Which WR will have the biggest impact on his new team?

• Allen

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Ridley

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Brown

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Johnson

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Jeudy

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Davis

• Mooney

• Total voters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i highly doubt he will get more targets than rice and kelce... but his impact is not about his numbers, its about the deep ball threat being there again...

Sure, but how does that equal the biggest impact? Is he going to make them MORE than the Super Bowl favorites?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but how does that equal the biggest impact? Is he going to make them MORE than the Super Bowl favorites?

well, they were not the SB favourites last season after pre-season... Ravens/Bills/49ers, even the cowboys were more likely to win than they were...

But sure, your point is valid... other than Allen, i dont see any on this list that move the needle at all either...

so my answer really remains the same to the question... now if we change the question, yes, i dont know how much this improves KCs chances to win it all....

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the only one voting for Diontae? He finally gives that Panthers offense a legitimate target. Easily the biggest impact IMO. The rest are #2 targets for the offenses at best.
As far as targets, I have Allen and Johnson towards the top. Panthers need WR in a big way and it's easy to see Johnson getting #1 targets in that offense

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the only one voting for Diontae? He finally gives that Panthers offense a legitimate target. Easily the biggest impact IMO. The rest are #2 targets for the offenses at best.
Beware WRs that the Steelers get rid of. They were ahead of the game on Antonio Brown, Chase Claypool and now possibly Diontae Johnson, who had a good year in Roethlisberger's final year and hasn't done much since then. He's an upgrade for Carolina for sure but I don't see him as a #1 guy, nor is an aging Thielen.

I don't see how everyone doesn't say Keenan Allen, but perhaps I'm just too close. One of the biggest need positions on the Bears was a receiver behind (or next to) Moore and Keenan Allen just had the best year of his career. He'll not only put up numbers but he'll really help ease the transition to the pros for Caleb. Which, especially in the long-run, could be a very big deal for a team that hasn't had a franchise QB in the last 70 years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beware WRs that the Steelers get rid of. They were ahead of the game on Antonio Brown, Chase Claypool and now possibly Diontae Johnson, who had a good year in Roethlisberger's final year and hasn't done much since then. He's an upgrade for Carolina for sure but I don't see him as a #1 guy, nor is an aging Thielen.

I don't see how everyone doesn't say Keenan Allen, but perhaps I'm just too close. One of the biggest need positions on the Bears was a receiver behind (or next to) Moore and Keenan Allen just had the best year of his career. He'll not only put up numbers but he'll really help ease the transition to the pros for Caleb. Which, especially in the long-run, could be a very big deal for a team that hasn't had a franchise QB in the last 70 years.

Are you really going to blame Diontae for not putting up big numbers with the unholy trinity of Pickett, Trubisky and Rudolph though? He still had 86-882 in Pickett's rookie season, but somehow became TD-allergic (which was more down to scheme IMO).

Allen could put up big numbers, but he is at that age where his production starts falling off. He's a huge upgrade for the Bears (as Caleb should be eventually as well), but he's still going to compete with Moore and Kmet for touches. Kmet may not be as much of an issue with Caleb instead of Fields, but it's hard to project with a new OC and rookie QB coming in.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really going to blame Diontae for not putting up big numbers with the unholy trinity of Pickett, Trubisky and Rudolph though? He still had 86-882 in Pickett's rookie season, but somehow became TD-allergic (which was more down to scheme IMO).
It's not like Bryce Young showed a whole lot either and it wouldn't be unheard of for a top pick QB to flame out. I'm not saying he'll be terrible but putting in the same category as a guy like Keenan Allen is stretch, IMO. Ridley's shown more as well too.

Or, exhibit B would be Chase Claypool, who performed well with Roethlisberger as a rookie and sucked afterwards.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Bryce Young showed a whole lot either and it wouldn't be unheard of for a top pick QB to flame out. I'm not saying he'll be terrible but putting in the same category as a guy like Keenan Allen is stretch, IMO. Ridley's shown more as well too.

Or, exhibit B would be Chase Claypool, who performed well with Roethlisberger as a rookie and sucked afterwards.
Young didn't have much to work with last season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young didn't have much to work with last season.

To say the least, which is why even someone like Diontae who isn't a typical #1 WR could really impact that passing game.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say the least, which is why even someone like Diontae who isn't a typical #1 WR could really impact that passing game.
We shall see but Johnson seems like another receiver being good in Pittsburgh and leaving and his career going in decline.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see but Johnson seems like another receiver being good in Pittsburgh and leaving and his career going in decline.

Based on what? Evaluate the player, not the helmet.

Antonio Brown left after 9 seasons at age 30 and was then derailed by off the field bs.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? Evaluate the player, not the helmet.

Antonio Brown left after 9 seasons at age 30 and was then derailed by off the field bs.
You could see it in Pittsburgh when he was taking plays off last season.

Johnson wants the bag. Let's see what he does after he gets it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen could put up big numbers, but he is at that age where his production starts falling off. He's a huge upgrade for the Bears (as Caleb should be eventually as well), but he's still going to compete with Moore and Kmet for touches. Kmet may not be as much of an issue with Caleb instead of Fields, but it's hard to project with a new OC and rookie QB coming in.
Diontae is the big wild card there in the whole group. Tons of upside because who else are the Panthers throwing it to? That said...the Panthers might be a dumpster fire. Still, he should be WR1. Ridley should be WR2. Hollywood Brown might be WR3 if you count Kelce although I suspect Brown and Rice might have about equal target share.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could see it in Pittsburgh when he was taking plays off last season.

Johnson wants the bag. Let's see what he does after he gets it.
This play enraged us.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistency. He's the best in the league at sticking to his CB.

They'll appreciate him when he's blocking that CB on long runs or runs after short throws.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll appreciate him when he's blocking that CB on long runs or runs after short throws.
I think this was a joke but it’s actually something the Eagles lacked last year in the run game. In 2022 Zack Pascal was their 4th WR and he didn’t get a ton of targets or catches. He would go 2-3 weeks without a target. However, he was on the field a bunch because of his ability to block in the run game. If Parker can give them that it would be something they lacked last year that would be very helpful.