• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville wants too much for Weber. Unless they've backed off on their requests, Homer isn't going to budge. Even if you disagree that Nash is of the same caliber a player, his trade has pretty much set the price on Weber.

Completely false. Howson is garbage and deserves to be fired. No intelligent GM will look to that deal as a way to operate business.

I don't think that trade has any affect on the Weber situation.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one way to look at it but giving up Mez for Weber is only going to make the guy better.

Like I've said before, it's a hell of a lot easier to find a guy like Meszaros than it is to find a guy like Weber to add to the team.

I agree

In a perfect world,it would be a blessing if they would take Timmo back.

even if they get Weber,they will still need to find a quality dman to replace Timmo after next year.

As of now they would have 4 quality dmen in Weber,Mez,Grossman and Coburn and then a rotating supporting cast.A number 5 starter has to be a priority IMO as we don't know how long the prospects-Manning,Lauridsen,etc are going to take to step up.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it sucks that Kimmo will be gone next year at least it will give Philly an extra 6.3 mill of cap space to work with.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely false. Howson is garbage and deserves to be fired. No intelligent GM will look to that deal as a way to operate business.

I don't think that trade has any affect on the Weber situation.

lol What any of us think of Howson aside, I think the Jackets potentially made out in that deal long term. To get two younger, established players, a young prospect that projects as a top four defenseman and a 1st rounder for a guy that everyone KNEW they HAD to dump is not bad. I come away feeling like the Rags gave up too much just to get better offensively and worse defensively, which I'm fine with.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it sucks that Kimmo will be gone next year at least it will give Philly an extra 6.3 mill of cap space to work with.

i dont think he'll be gone.. i think he'll resign for a year or two at a lower rate to be honest.. something like 4.5

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think he'll be gone.. i think he'll resign for a year or two at a lower rate to be honest.. something like 4.5

I'd be ok with that. I guess it just depends on if Kimmo's body holds up.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's your thought on the Weber situation? What do you think the Flyer should give up to get Weber?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol What any of us think of Howson aside, I think the Jackets potentially made out in that deal long term. To get two younger, established players, a young prospect that projects as a top four defenseman and a 1st rounder for a guy that everyone KNEW they HAD to dump is not bad. I come away feeling like the Rags gave up too much just to get better offensively and worse defensively, which I'm fine with.

I watch the Rangers all the time and Dubinsky is only a player that has intangibles and nothing else he's not a very good all around player maybe third line player with most playoff teams ...Anisimov at his best in a couple of years is a 45 point guy with no skills to speak of on the defensive end, Erixon got tossed around like a rag doll in his 10 or so games with the big club and the draft pick will be low and the Rangers got a top line forward that scores 30 goals per and lets not forget they also got a defenseman and a 3rd round pick to go along with Nash. Howson screw up badly and screwed us badly by sending him to NY i hope he gets fired immediately.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the Rangers all the time and Dubinsky is only a player that has intangibles and nothing else he's not a very good all around player maybe third line player with most playoff teams ...Anisimov at his best in a couple of years is a 45 point guy with no skills to speak of on the defensive end, Erixon got tossed around like a rag doll in his 10 or so games with the big club and the draft pick will be low and the Rangers got a top line forward that scores 30 goals per and lets not forget they also got a defenseman and a 3rd round pick to go along with Nash. Howson screw up badly and screwed us badly by sending him to NY i hope he gets fired immediately.

He screwed up by telling everyone Nash wanted out. You would think that Nash will produce a lot more with the NYR, but even if he does, this is another guy who won't necessarily do anything for you defensively, which doesn't exactly fit their system. It's laughable if he did in fact package a prospect and low pick with Nash...lol

That said, he fucked himself just like Poile and then got what he could afterwards.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again no deal for me if Couts and or Shenn is involved. The pressure is on the Preds. Weber wants out and if the y want to pay him 27 million to play 1 season then thats on them.
Id offer Bourdon,Read and 3 first rounders.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again no deal for me if Couts and or Shenn is involved. The pressure is on the Preds. Weber wants out and if the y want to pay him 27 million to play 1 season then thats on them.
Id offer Bourdon,Read and 3 first rounders.

If they can in fact match, they need to quit fucking around already and do it...lol

I just feel like they are bluffing if only in an attempt to get Homer to flinch and offer a lot more.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can in fact match, they need to quit fucking around already and do it...lol

I just feel like they are bluffing if only in an attempt to get Homer to flinch and offer a lot more.

If I were Poile I would take all of the time allotted to me as well. There are two possible reasons for this. One, as you said to make Homer believe he will match and make him offer more. Or two, to keep Homer in limbo all of this time and match anyways. I guess we will find out tomorrow night.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your thought on the Weber situation? What do you think the Flyer should give up to get Weber?

i think it will take some form of player to get weber.

even though they are getting gutted defensively this offseason, they still have quite a few talented dmen, and quite a few good d-prospects.

if i were nashville, and the flyers refused to give up couturier or schenn, i think it would take voracek, laughton, bourdon, and two 1sts.

voracek can step in to their top 6.. bourdon can play for them this year, laughton has a decent prospectus as a top 3rd line center or marginal 2nd line center, and the 1st next year will be very useful (apparently a really deep draft)

that's what i think it would take. anything short of that and i think the preds will match

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Nashville matched. No Shea Weber in Philly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Poile I would take all of the time allotted to me as well. There are two possible reasons for this. One, as you said to make Homer believe he will match and make him offer more. Or two, to keep Homer in limbo all of this time and match anyways. I guess we will find out tomorrow night.

the first part i agree w/.. but the 2nd part is kinda pointless in my mind.. doan probably wont decide, and the habs/caps would match any offer sheet for subban (thank god) or carlson :-)().. maybe it holds up a bobby ryan trade, but that doesn't look imminent either (not that they ever do right before the trade comes)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. unfortunate, but not terribly surprising.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I thought Homer should have picked up the phone.