• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think if they agree to some sort of a trade we should include Luke Schenn instead of Mezz as the defenseman to go over to the preds

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think if they agree to some sort of a trade we should include Luke Schenn instead of Mezz as the defenseman to go over to the preds

No I don't think there's any way they break the Schenns up now. The more I think about it I'm really uncomfortable trading MEz knowing Timmo may hang them up after next season. I have such mixed feelings about this whole situation now, I want Weber but I love our depth but we need a true #1 D-man... so Happy I'm not Homer

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right. I have a feeling ownership told Poille it doesn't make fiscal sense and now he's scrambling to figure something out. I've never been convinced that Nashville's ownership group has really made the nessecary steps to become a yearly contender. They can't afford to pay Weber and also ice a competitive team unless they are willing to lose revenue purposely and then I think they should be forced to pass up the profit sharing in the league(this is a separate issue though).

In the end I think Homer may send some assets to Poille to lessen the sting but I'm not anticipating it being anywhere close to Mez, Vorachek & Read and definitely not the Schenns & Couts. I see something more like Read, Cousins and Gusty for a 1st & 2nd/3rd going down. That way we payed a bit more for Weber and Poille can say he truly got all he could get out of Homer.

I'm happy I'm not in Homer's shoes though because I'm having a hard time determining how I would handle this. I want Weber but I don't want to decimate out depth at W or D.

I don't Homer can low-ball too much. I mean they can do that but then they risk losing out on this one in a lifetime opportunity to get Weber. Remember, Poile is trying to save face here too. He has to get some thing decent back. If Mez, Voracek, etc is what it takes to get Weber then I have to believe Homer will pull the trigger and do it. If Poile really sticks to his demand for Schenn and Coots then we simply won't get Weber.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't Homer can low-ball too much. I mean they can do that but then they risk losing out on this one in a lifetime opportunity to get Weber. Remember, Poile is trying to save face here too. He has to get some thing decent back. If Mez, Voracek, etc is what it takes to get Weber then I have to believe Homer will pull the trigger and do it. If Poile really sticks to his demand for Schenn and Coots then we simply won't get Weber.

Lets just give them Read and Luke Schenn Rinaldo and 2 number 1's

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't think there's any way they break the Schenns up now. The more I think about it I'm really uncomfortable trading MEz knowing Timmo may hang them up after next season. I have such mixed feelings about this whole situation now, I want Weber but I love our depth but we need a true #1 D-man... so Happy I'm not Homer

Would I like to keep Mez? Yes...but if that's the price to be paid for Weber then so be it. Look at it like this...is it easier to find a Meszaros to add to the roster or a Weber? The Flyers might not get another opportunity like this for a loooong time. They have to jump on this and do everything they can to get him.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I like to keep Mez? Yes...but if that's the price to be paid for Weber then so be it. Look at it like this...is it easier to find a Meszaros to add to the roster or a Weber? The Flyers might not get another opportunity like this for a loooong time. They have to jump on this and do everything they can to get him.

Only if Homer believes that the Preds will really be able to match.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we wouldve drafted a defenseman in this years first round it might have made it easier to give up a guy like Mezz for Weber.

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we wouldve drafted a defenseman in this years first round it might have made it easier to give up a guy like Mezz for Weber.

I think at this point it doesnt matter. If we get weber because the preds wont match the offer we are golden, if not then we have to start looking for our younger guys to step up.
I see the flyers next year to go on a tear at the start of the season, but thats just my thoughts.
Sorry my post reads like I'm scatter brained but I am just that. Back to back 14 hour days of work does that to a person. :)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber will be a Flyer by Wed. Late evening. Book it! I'm just concerned who is going? I think it's safe to say we are keeping Cooter and both Schenn's. I would love to still go strong for Bobby Ryan, just don't think we will have the trade chips to do so and think he will end up in Buffalo.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Nashville. Let them cover the sheet and if they do...well, so be it....back to the Gusty/MAB platooning......if not we get Weber.

I mean, we all were moving forward after we got Schenn, so let's keep moving. Yes, I hope with all that I am that we land this stud, but if we don't.....our boys aren't in very bad shape.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Screw Nashville. Let them cover the sheet and if they do...well, so be it....back to the Gusty/MAB platooning......if not we get Weber.

I mean, we all were moving forward after we got Schenn, so let's keep moving. Yes, I hope with all that I am that we land this stud, but if we don't.....our boys aren't in very bad shape.

thats how i feel Tox, i don't understand why we have to compromise here at all.

if nashville wants to keep him then let them match. if they don't then we get him and throw them back the first rounders. no need in throwing in young talent to preserve some sort of working relationship with nashville.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats how i feel Tox, i don't understand why we have to compromise here at all.

if nashville wants to keep him then let them match. if they don't then we get him and throw them back the first rounders. no need in throwing in young talent to preserve some sort of working relationship with nashville.

i obviously dont know nashville's finances, but no actual players in return might be more financially crippling than signing weber.. IMO the best financial move for them is to make a move for some players so they can actually field a team this year

add in a player or two instead of some of those draft picks to ensure they dont match, not to preserve relationships

dreger says people around the NHL dont think the preds can or will match though, so if that's the case, i wouldn't offer any players either

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i obviously dont know nashville's finances, but no actual players in return might be more financially crippling than signing weber.. IMO the best financial move for them is to make a move for some players so they can actually field a team this year

add in a player or two instead of some of those draft picks to ensure they dont match, not to preserve relationships

dreger says people around the NHL dont think the preds can or will match though, so if that's the case, i wouldn't offer any players either

ha give them 3 first rounders, shelley, and pronger :whoo: then they can be at the cap floor

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to believe that but just don't think they will simply walk away and not match (without getting some actual roster players)...even if they can't afford it. We will see though...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole waiting to the last minute to announce the match // trade is fucking retarded.

Everyone knows by now that what was going to happen or would have happened is done by now, so get off your lazy asses and announce it already.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole waiting to the last minute to announce the match // trade is fucking retarded.

Everyone knows by now that what was going to happen or would have happened is done by now, so get off your lazy asses and announce it already.

Just think...only (roughly) 36 more hours of waiting...

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Weber expressed he didn't want to be in Nashville anymore. I think all Nashville is doing is trying to ease some of the fallout. Can't blame them but if the Flyers know they have no leverage We may be not offering too much in return, so in turn Nashville will wait it out til the end..What do they have to lose by making Philly think they'll match. Just my .02..

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of trading Pronger to them. They need to get to the floor.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Weber expressed he didn't want to be in Nashville anymore. I think all Nashville is doing is trying to ease some of the fallout. Can't blame them but if the Flyers know they have no leverage We may be not offering too much in return, so in turn Nashville will wait it out til the end..What do they have to lose by making Philly think they'll match. Just my .02..

That's right. Weber wants out and Nashville will not match partly due to that reason. The other part being that they simply can't afford it. Why on earth would you pay him close to $27 million for one season when he wants out? Then you risk him underperforming and demanding a trade after you paid him 25% of his $110 million dollar contract after just one year.

All of that COULD potentially happen and if it DID, the franchise would be way more fucked than if they take four 1st round picks and avoid emptying their wallets completely for just one player. They can always trade the picks for other players and/or sign free agents.

Once Suter left, Weber gave up on this franchise and rightfully so. I also don't see any reason for Nashville to fucking wait the entire week, then finally match. That sure as shit shows a commitment to Weber and that they were serious about matching any and all comers, doesn't it? lol (NOT) They may threaten to do so in order to attempt to get roster players for some of the picks, but I just don't see them ever matching.

Last edited by a moderator: