• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philadelphia Flyers have signed defenceman Shea Weber to a 14-year offer sheet worth upwards of $100 million.

The Nashville Predators' have seven days to match the offer if they wish to retain Weber's services.

The restricted free agent was awarded a one-year $7.5 million deal through arbitration after Weber and the Predators failed to come to a long-term agreement prior to the 2011-12 season.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fuck you not, i am on the verge of tears. and i know i shouldnt be getting excited. but i am.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Philadelphia Flyers have signed defenceman Shea Weber to a 14-year offer sheet worth upwards of $100 million.

The Nashville Predators' have seven days to match the offer if they wish to retain Weber's services.

The restricted free agent was awarded a one-year $7.5 million deal through arbitration after Weber and the Predators failed to come to a long-term agreement prior to the 2011-12 season.

Change the heading of ur topic with something to do with Wber

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's just hope that Poile doesn't match the offer for fuck's sake.

Poille is in on this, he is draft Guru, he knows Weber is gonna leave, why not take all of that Philly has in the draft for however long, oh well. Maybe not now that i know Philly is willing to pay in 1 calender year, 26 million. Leave it up to Snyder! Fuck

Last edited by a moderator:

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
26 mill in 1 calendar year for Weber, not the fucking cap hit though which is all we care about, right, and nashville cant match that can they?

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its Fucking 2:00 am Philly time to, but its only 11 here on the best coast, and fuck the eagles to, GO Niners!!!!!!!!

But, But, But lets trade Briere though because Philly doesn't care about the playoffs do they. Its present day for this franchise as its been for a while.
Im gonna go see a girl now so YUPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. #IM a dirtball.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But, But, But lets trade Briere though because Philly doesn't care about the playoffs do they. Its present day for this franchise as its been for a while.
Im gonna go see a girl now so YUPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. #IM a dirtball.

Just thought about this: Um there could still be a trade between the teams instead of just the draft picks. Fuck, Im very scared now, more beer I guess.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest your head on that pillow, buddy.

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really 14 years? Dont care how much money its for if he does sign then he better be a stud for 14 years! I"m probably the only one that has a problem with this. Great D-man and alot of people keep talking about Pronger coming back, hes not, I'm pretty sure hes done. But Damn 14 years!!!! Everyone knows what long term contracts have been like for a few years, Kovy,Depo,OV, and the first 2 signed this year for huge paydays? I ask you all is he worth the money and 4 1st rounders?:finger:

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I aplogize now before I really start. We're all Flyer fans though right.

Fuck the Sheagles, Niner fan
Screw the phillies, S.F Giants fan
I had more but I thought better of it.

Going to bed now, WHAT A GREAT FUCKING NIGHT.... so far!

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Something strange with the weber thing

The Flyers will have to trade with Nashville to get Weber, or they match. Simple as that, if Nashville gives him up straight, that would be absolutely shocking. When i wake up tommorow at 3pm eastern time at least I think this deal will be bitter/sweet. Goodnight my Brothers from diff mothers, God Bless.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 alte 1st rounds picks for 1eber and Kimmo off the books next year. Have to love this system. Gotta love Homerrs agressiveness but he better exten "G" asap as someone will offer sheet him when he hits RFA. No idea if the Preds can match but without Suter the should have the cash and the space. We shall see but I am excited!!!

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Webetr offer sheet

A couple of things here:
The Preds can match, but they cannot trade Weber for a full year afterwards. And no other team can enter the picture now. So at the very least, no team that can ever hurt the Flyer will see Wber in their uniform in the near future.
Holmgren and Poile have dealt together extensively in the past, helping both teams. I can't imagine this was a bllindside move by the Flyers. No idea how this turns out, but there has to be mroe to this. If the Preds were willing to offer this kind of money, why didn't they do it on their own terms?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy. Shit.

I still expect the preds to match though. If they match they have weber locked up for 14 years.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was a strategic move in blocking him from going to the Rags. Very smart move if so.