• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... How many Weber threads you guys need? :lol:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i love it ha, lock him up until he is 40, at that point 7.15 mil wont be that much of a cap hit anyways

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if we sign weber, the first round picks are irrelevant with the young talent we have acquired.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is fucking hilarious. Props to TimKerr. :lol:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This thread is fucking hilarious. Props to TimKerr. :lol:

when i scroll through this in the morning and figure out its a late night timkerr thread i just go to the bottom haha.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still kinda in shock here after the drive to work..

i see this playing out in 1 of 2 ways

1. the flyers TRADE parts for weber
2. the preds match

the only reason i see #1 happening is because nashville didn't instantly match.. there's no way the preds let weber go for 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds.. which is all it would be if the total is 109 mil or less

btw where is TK getting this info about 26 mil in the first year? i dont think you can do that?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out-fucking-standing news.

How long does Nashville have to match?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone really think that Weber will end up in Philly? I don't because I can't see the Preds not matching. I don't think the Preds would trade their franchise player. Even though it could make the Preds better overall, it would piss off the fanbase if he gets dealt. IMO I think this was a move to keep Weber locked to Nashville for good and the Atlantic teams are out. Great move by Homer either way.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone really think that Weber will end up in Philly? I don't because I can't see the Preds not matching. I don't think the Preds would trade their franchise player. Even though it could make the Preds better overall, it would piss off the fanbase if he gets dealt. IMO I think this was a move to keep Weber locked to Nashville for good and the Atlantic teams are out. Great move by Homer either way.

They were working on trading him.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out-fucking-standing news.

How long does Nashville have to match?

I think 7 days? Here is what I don't understand, if the Preds publicly stated that they would match any offer, then why have they done so yet? Something is up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

apparently it was dreger that reported weber might get 26 mil in a calendar year.. that's gotta be the preds hold up.. 10 mil/year for 14 years isn't a big deal, but 26 mil in one year, for a smaller market team like the preds, is probably a big deal

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 7 days? Here is what I don't understand, if the Preds publicly stated that they would match any offer, then why have they done so yet? Something is up.

They were working on trading him.

this.

i think this is the flyers saying "he plays in philly, or he plays in nashville".. and poile's first phone call to homer after was probably "ok, you have a week to give me a good offer, otherwise i'm matching"

meanwhile poile is probably talking to the owner about if they can truly afford to do it, AND if nashville shouldn't just start the rebuild now.. they have rinne and a group of forwards that are decent.. some real solid prospects on the backend.. if they get good or decent value from a weber trade, they'll be right back in the thick of things in a year or two

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this.

i think this is the flyers saying "he plays in philly, or he plays in nashville".. and poile's first phone call to homer after was probably "ok, you have a week to give me a good offer, otherwise i'm matching"

meanwhile poile is probably talking to the owner about if they can truly afford to do it, AND if nashville shouldn't just start the rebuild now.. they have rinne and a group of forwards that are decent.. some real solid prospects on the backend.. if they get good or decent value from a weber trade, they'll be right back in the thick of things in a year or two

I believe what they can get for Weber would help them. And if he goes to Philly, he will greatly help you guys. You guys have firepower. Your goaltending is hot/cold, but if you had a shut down Dman, it would put you guys right back in the thick of things for the Cup.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I still, after reading a bit, kind of think this was a defensive move for Philly to block him from the Rags.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont be jelly that our team actually did something :)

I'm not. I didn't want the Bruins to do anything. Chia made that clear from the get go. We have an all around team, no need for stand out guys. Would I love to have a sniper who nets like 50 goals, of course, but I'd prefer an all around team that gels. Something happened midway last season, not sure if it was Timmy or what, but this could be a decent rebound season.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you would have to imagine that schenn or couterier is the starting point if they are really working on a trade...

that being said, i will be waiting until the first day of the season to buy a new jersey, and would love it to be #6

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not. I didn't want the Bruins to do anything. Chia made that clear from the get go. We have an all around team, no need for stand out guys. Would I love to have a sniper who nets like 50 goals, of course, but I'd prefer an all around team that gels. Something happened midway last season, not sure if it was Timmy or what, but this could be a decent rebound season.

hahaha sly is jelly