• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, this is why I wanted Homer to pick up the phone and make an offer.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Poile I would take all of the time allotted to me as well. There are two possible reasons for this. One, as you said to make Homer believe he will match and make him offer more. Or two, to keep Homer in limbo all of this time and match anyways. I guess we will find out tomorrow night.

Actually, if I'm Poile and I believe the following:

Shea Weber is the best defenseman in the Nhl
He wants to stay in Nashville (at this price) and will not request a trade
He will do his best and honor his contract in full
I can afford him with certainty

Other than working out a trade (which supposedly hasn't even begun since the offer sheet was signed), I'd have zero reason to prolong this agony for my fans. Matching immediately would reassure them that I won't be pushed around by a larger market, I'm a man of my word and that I'm here to compete for the Cup (theoretically).

The only way I draw it out is if I absolutely cannot match or are seriously leaning towards not matching (for whatever reasons).

Last edited by a moderator:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling that he new all along they would match unless he sent them Schenn or Cooter...or both.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I thought Homer should have picked up the phone.

i'm sure he told poile what his final offer was going to be before he did the offer sheet.

poile was probably waiting to see if he could get homer to call, then called him today to see if anything had changed, homer said no, poile matched.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, this is why I wanted Homer to pick up the phone and make an offer.

I think you'd have been pissed at what he had to give up if he had made the right offer. I certainly would. Glad that Homer stuck to his guns.

I am obviously surprised and annoyed that Poile decided to wait fucking six days to match.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Awazy...........now that we ate ass on this whole Weber deal...how 'bout we merge all of the Weber threads into one called "Useless shit" or something like that?? haha

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jersey, what do you mean by that? Are you ignoring the 5 days of trade discussions Homer had with them prior to the offer sheet, followed by a day of discussion before filing the offer sheet? I am on record as saying Weber is the one guy I would trade almost anything for, even Cooter. But not even my blind fan vision wanted them to move 2 20 year old future stars and then some for Weber.
The Preds were discussing a trade with 4-5 teams. The offer sheet put the pressure on Nashville to deal only with the Flyers, not the Pens or Rangers. It also put a crazy amount of money on the table, money you would think they would have already offered in their own terms if they wanted him. The only variable they took away was Weber's ability to force the Preds to trade him. But that would mean the Flyers were only 1 out of 5 choice destinations.
I am not a blind Homer fan drinking the Kool Aid. I hated the Suter and Parise deals. I disagree with the size of Ilya's contract. But this was played as well as I can see it. It just didn't work out.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jersey, what do you mean by that? Are you ignoring the 5 days of trade discussions Homer had with them prior to the offer sheet, followed by a day of discussion before filing the offer sheet? I am on record as saying Weber is the one guy I would trade almost anything for, even Cooter. But not even my blind fan vision wanted them to move 2 20 year old future stars and then some for Weber.
The Preds were discussing a trade with 4-5 teams. The offer sheet put the pressure on Nashville to deal only with the Flyers, not the Pens or Rangers. It also put a crazy amount of money on the table, money you would think they would have already offered in their own terms if they wanted him. The only variable they took away was Weber's ability to force the Preds to trade him. But that would mean the Flyers were only 1 out of 5 choice destinations.
I am not a blind Homer fan drinking the Kool Aid. I hated the Suter and Parise deals. I disagree with the size of Ilya's contract. But this was played as well as I can see it. It just didn't work out.

If Homer did, in fact, give Poile is absolutely best and final offer before offering the offer sheet then yes this was played as well as possible.

I was wondering if there was deal that was better than Read, Mez, picks but not quite as high Schenn and Coots. If there was an in between compromise that could've been made I would've tried to do it as opposed to saying take the four picks or screw you. Looks like Poile wasn't going to budge though. He wanted Schenn and Coots or no deal. Sucks but if that is the case then Homer made the right call. I really wanted Weber though.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they give him one so he cant go to the highest bidder next season which may be the Rags or Pitt or Boston.

Maybe they can trade him to Columbus and then we can take advantage of Howson and take him. :think: :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they give him one so he cant go to the highest bidder next season which may be the Rags or Pitt or Boston.

he'd waive to go to any of those places though.. he wants a no trade to make sure he doesn't end up in edmonton or columbus

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he'd waive to go to any of those places though.. he wants a no trade to make sure he doesn't end up in edmonton or columbus

Yep.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jersey, I would think if there was anything in the middle of what we were offering and what they wanted, we would have at least heard about Nsh trying to discuss a trade after the offer sheet. Since they never even contacted Homer, I have to think it was all or nothing for them.