• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE statement from above

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Released on 09/18/2013, at 11:54 AM
Office of University Communications
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Lincoln, Neb., September 18th, 2013 —
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst issued the following joint statement today:

“The comments made by Head Football Coach Bo Pelini in 2011, published Monday, are unfortunate and deeply concerning to us, as they would be to anyone who loves this university. Our coaches, staff and student-athletes must be held to a high standard and Coach Pelini's remarks were unfair to the legions of Nebraska fans and not what we expect from a representative of this university. Former Director of Athletics Tom Osborne became aware of these comments and the existence of a recording more than a year ago, and addressed the matter with Coach Pelini. We have observed, and many others have commented, that Coach Pelini’s demeanor has significantly improved since the time of this incident. Coach Pelini has given us his assurance that he understands the seriousness and inappropriateness of his comments. We believe he is sincere in his apology and in his regret. We are prepared to put the matter to rest. Our football student-athletes, coaches and staff deserve all of our support and we know the Nebraska faithful will be there for them.”

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

You can't punish a guy twice for the same thing.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel like I am the only one who is furious about Bo's actions.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I am the only one who is furious about Bo's actions.

Don't feel guilty about it. You have every right to be furious.

I'm not, because I say worse about him, it was done 2 years ago, he didn't know he was mic'd (didn't say it at the podium to the camera), and the issue was dealt with under T.O.

However, I am angry with Bo because he brings the national spotlight upon NU for all the wrong reasons.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would you be fuming if we were 3-0 and kicked the shit out of UCLA Saturday!?

Yes. He comment about lets see where they will be when I am gone. He hasn't won anything. The stadium is going to turn toxic quick in the future when the team struggles and he will lose it. This is a nightmare for me. I have supported Bo since he got here but I lost it with Monday's news.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osborne knew about this and (a) didn't share it with HIS BOSS Perlman and (b) didn't share it with the AD in-waiting Eichorst?!

p cool

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osborne knew about this and (a) didn't share it with HIS BOSS Perlman and (b) didn't share it with the AD in-waiting Eichorst?!

p cool

You assume, anyway.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't feel guilty about it. You have every right to be furious.

I'm not, because I say worse about him, it was done 2 years ago, he didn't know he was mic'd (didn't say it at the podium to the camera), and the issue was dealt with under T.O.

However, I am angry with Bo because he brings the national spotlight upon NU for all the wrong reasons.

I don't care if he didn't think he was mic'd. He said it. He meant it. If he wants to be gone so bad then I say good riddance. I am done with him. If he thinks the fans are fair weathered here good luck any other place in the country.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt do much good to be furious , when in general Bo is absolutely right. Im not saying every fan deserves to be told to *u** off, but I do usually find that the people most astonished that they have been talked to in a certain manner, deserve it the most.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if he didn't think he was mic'd. He said it. He meant it. If he wants to be gone so bad then I say good riddance. I am done with him. If he thinks the fans are fair weathered here good luck any other place in the country.

i see where you're coming from. i get frustrated when people are pouring out the exits, but the thing about Nebraska is that people will still come back the next week no matter how bad the team is, if for no other reason than to keep the sellout streak going.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It doesnt do much good to be furious , when in general Bo is absolutely right. Im not saying every fan deserves to be told to *u** off, but I do usually find that the people most astonished that they have been talked to in a certain manner, deserve it the most.

He's pissed because fans weren't in their seats the whole game when it was raining. Bottom line we are tired of getting blown out and maybe some fans didn't want to sit in the rain to watch it again. If he wants people to stay for two haves maybe his team should play for two halves. The only way for fans to vote at Nebraska is with their butts and they are unwilling to give up the sellout streak. So they leave partway through.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I d like to know who gave the fans the idea that they have a vote on anything. THE FANS this and THE FANS that. Truth of the matter is , the longest tradition in this State is whining about the football coach. We bitched about Bob, we bitched about Tom , we bitched about Frank Bill and now Bo.

Jesus Christ wouldnt get a fair shake in this state if he tried to coach . I dont know if anyone understands this but not every replacement coach is a winner, check with Oklahoma or Miami or Tennessee and the list goes on.

We re pretty dam lucky to havea coach who has won 70% of his games and if we lose a few or get blown out , just refer to our TRADITIONS.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still furious about our defense sucking ass...

Anybody furious about what no said about the fair weather fucks.. Is a fair weather fuck...

Oh no... "its raining"