• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE statement from above

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, every program has a time when they are in the spotlight for some fucked up reason. This is just one among many this week. Look at Texas.
-------
Tom , I could give a shit about the "tape". Despite the national media coverage THAT will blow over. What is not getting corrected is the big blowouts and the UCLA game is another notch on Bo's belt in this direction. We lead at halftime and then we cannot score a fucking point. From top to bottom (coaching staff) that reeks. If it was a once every two to three year thing it would be one thing but those types of losses hurt us more as a program than almst anything Bo could get caught saying.

And after five plus years--enough is enough. If Bo, could avoid anymore blowouts this year (and IMO ain't gonna happen) or he wins the CCG (doubtful there as well), he'd still have my support despite his potty mouth. As it is, on a national level, and on a recruiting level no one gives a fuck about winning 9 games a year when you have nothing to show for it. Everyone remembers the blowouts.

GBR

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, Bo just need to put up now. I have no problem retaining him if he can beat NW and Michigan and only lose to OSU in the CCG by a TD. But if we lose to a team we shouldn't or we lose big to anyone, then it's time for a change. We have the players to succeed, just need a coach that can win the big ones.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the battered wives

Can him after this season, regardless.

We're all just waiting for the next on/off the field incident to be back in the national spotlight.

I'm done with the bloviating douche-bag.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Tom , I could give a shit about the "tape". Despite the national media coverage THAT will blow over. What is not getting corrected is the big blowouts and the UCLA game is another notch on Bo's belt in this direction. We lead at halftime and then we cannot score a fucking point. From top to bottom (coaching staff) that reeks. If it was a once every two to three year thing it would be one thing but those types of losses hurt us more as a program than almst anything Bo could get caught saying.

And after five plus years--enough is enough. If Bo, could avoid anymore blowouts this year (and IMO ain't gonna happen) or he wins the CCG (doubtful there as well), he'd still have my support despite his potty mouth. As it is, on a national level, and on a recruiting level no one gives a fuck about winning 9 games a year when you have nothing to show for it. Everyone remembers the blowouts.

GBR

I cannot dispute any of this.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll throw my 2 cents in here. I've never like Pearlman I think he's a fucking weasel. Pearlman is one of the main reasons Nebraska football program is where its at today. Remember this fuck hired Pedersen. I'll just say this if Pelini is fired at the end of the season and the best we can get for a coach is Scott Frost who doesn't have HC experience and only one year coordinating an offense will be unacceptable. Pearlman and Eichorst will need to be dead on right with this higher. If not they both will be without a job and should be. So I am not willing to take a chance on any guy who has not been a HC. I'd rather keep Bo win 9 to 10 games a year and let him figure it out then go down the shitter again with a reach of a higher or another assclown like Billy C.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking earlier about TO and how he and HP didn't seem to be on the best terms when he retired. TO made a statement on 1620 about this mess basically saying he found out about the recording a year after the fact, had a sit down with Pelini, and didn't tell Perlman about it. I wondered if this had any effect on the way it all went down when TO retired last year.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOs statement

“I was asked for comments concerning the recent incident involving Coach Pelini by members of the press and felt that it was inappropriate to respond until University officials had reviewed the situation.

“After the comments were made public on Monday, I informed the Chancellor and Director of Athletics that I had become aware of the tape involving Coach Pelini last fall, about a year after the Ohio State game in 2011 when the comments were recorded. After I had listened to the tape I visited with Coach Pelini about it and expressed my concerns. Bo had not heard the tape at that time. I visited with all my coaches regularly about their conduct and language throughout my tenure as Athletic Director.

“While the comments were certainly not good, I realized that Bo had gone through an emotional week and an emotional game and was in a setting where he thought his comments were entirely private. I visited with Bo on a weekly basis and did not find that his attitude toward the fans or the press as expressed by those comments were at all in keeping with what I knew his true attitude to be. He understands that the most important asset the Athletic Department has is the amazing fan support that we enjoy.

“Bo’s academic record with the football team has been the best in my recollection. The behavior of his players has been excellent for the most part, he has won three divisional championships and had one of the best win-loss records in college football for the past five years. I recognize that there have occasionally been controversies but I have seen a willingness to change, reflect and improve in Bo over the years. I am very hopeful that the players, coaches and fans will pull together as unity of purpose has been one of our major assets over the last 50 years.”

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Perlmam is an all class fine Chancellor, those who hate him are silly.

2. TO is not very good at picking football coaches.

3. Scott Frost would be a home run hire, imo. Id put all my chips in on him in a heartbeat

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perlman doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground. Maybe you have forgotten the dark ages.

How is Tom not very good at picking a football coach Frank was doing fine and even better once Bo was running the D. and as for Bo 9 wins not great but hardly anything to look down on.

Why are you so confident in Frost hc abilities.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perlman made the University BILLIONS of dollars with the B1G move

Frankie wouldnt have ever won a natty, dont kid yourself. Bo is ... just.. :L

Scott Frost know Nebraska. He knows how the fans work, he knows how to recruit, and to recruit to here. He would surround himself with the BEST assistants in the country to help himself grow and lead the team. He knows what it takes to win a natty, and he wont use us as a stepping stone

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is the rumor at all true that he sniffed around the Arkansas opening? I heard this today on our sports radio show.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scott Frost know Nebraska. He knows how the fans work, he knows how to recruit, and to recruit to here. He would surround himself with the BEST assistants in the country to help himself grow and lead the team. He knows what it takes to win a natty, and he wont use us as a stepping stone

You forget that Pearlman had to run to Tom Osborne to fix AD from the abyss Pederson had created. Osborne had just as much if not more to play with the move to the B1G then Pearlman. Let's also not forget Frost played his role in the Lawrence Phillips fiasco that left a black eye on Nebraska.

Frost may know Nebraska, it's fans and what not. But he needs more time IMO before he ready to take over Nebraska program sorry. But I'm not sold on Nike U's offense tell me when did this juggernaut of an offense win a NC. Sorry but I'd much rather have Bama's defense along with it's power run game. If Pearlman and Eichorst want to fire Bo then they better hit a fucking grandslam with the next HC higher and Frost is not it.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with biding our time until Scotty is ready. I figure in 2 years these young kids will be mature and experienced enough to make Bo look like a genius again and he will move to the NFL. Scotty will be ready then.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So in 2001 when Nebraska played miami in the national championship game you dont think we could have won that game? I know that miami team was one of the best in history but still Nebraska was pretty damn good.

and I mean who can argue with your "Bo is ....just:L" That is true gold right there.

Scott Frost knows Nebraska well enough to leave and go Play at Stanford. He knows how to recruit? Pretty sure Nike knows how to recruit and Oregon is not a bad place to spend 4 years playing football for free. Plus all the Nike swag. What are these BEST assistants in the country where are they comming from and why would they leave their jobs if they are the best to come help a Fresh off the boat first year head coach try and save a sinking ship. Lateral move to a step back if you ask me.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in 2001 when Nebraska played miami in the national championship game you dont think we could have won that game? I know that miami team was one of the best in history but still Nebraska was pretty damn good.

and I mean who can argue with your "Bo is ....just:L" That is true gold right there.

Scott Frost knows Nebraska well enough to leave and go Play at Stanford. He knows how to recruit? Pretty sure Nike knows how to recruit and Oregon is not a bad place to spend 4 years playing football for free. Plus all the Nike swag. What are these BEST assistants in the country where are they comming from and why would they leave their jobs if they are the best to come help a Fresh off the boat first year head coach try and save a sinking ship. Lateral move to a step back if you ask me.

he played at Stanford then transferred to Nebraska.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but I am talking about when he played HS at wood river

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56