• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns should take Chubb and Barkley

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear god, people think Drew Lock is actually good? What in the world? I don't know 1 MU fan that thinks he'll be a legit NFL QB.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not sure anyone will do shit from that class as of right now. Looks like a pile of garbage compared to the last two QB classes.

If Clayton Thorson is a projected first rounder, that pretty much sums it up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clayton Thorson is a projected first rounder, that pretty much sums it up.
tumblr_mzmrycURBd1tqohp6o1_500.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...every team has some woulda, coulda, shoulda situations, and I mean that in all sincerity. I think you can turn a bad season around in one year. For instance...the NYG...I can see them winning 10+ games this season, they have a proven QB, they have plugged some OL holes, and you would think they would be able to keep at least 2 WRs of note on the field for 16 games.

The Browns imo are coming from a different place. Anybody that watched them knows they have better talent than what the record showed...had they went with a vet stop gap QB LY, maybe they win 5 or 6 games...but 0 to 10 in one season...I don't see it.

I think where we all agree...Hue is on the hotseat this season. Has to make it happen now.
This draft is going to go a long way towards deciding how they are this year IMO. They have tons of early picks and there are some major impact guys to be had.

I'll say this - I like Tyrod Taylor a lot more than Dak Prescott. He and Zeke came into Dallas as rookies and turned them from a team winning 4 games in 2015 to a team with 13 wins in 2016. If Cleveland does land someone like Barkley, teams him up with Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson, and then Tyrod with Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry, this offense can be really scary. Couple that with a very talented defense - when they're healthy - and I think 10 wins is very possible.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear god, people think Drew Lock is actually good? What in the world? I don't know 1 MU fan that thinks he'll be a legit NFL QB.
I see a couple of characteristics I like but if we're being honest the system he was playing in last year was kinda trash and learning a pro system in an offseason and going into the SEC losing his best WR and OL coach...I'm not optimistic.

I think IF he has a good season next year then I'll talk him up a lot, probably. As of right now he is a massive projection and not someone to bank on next year at all. He could be anywhere from a 1st rounder to a 6th rounder.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too often a team has the opportunity to get the 2 biggest difference makers in the same draft. The Browns have a great great shot to do just that. Tyrod Taylor is at worst a bridge , at best a serviceable solid QB for the next 4-5 years. You've got just as good a shot at hitting on a QB late first or early second as you do top 10. Why risk a question mark at 1 or 4 if you don't need to?? Take Barkley 1 so the Giants don't pick him, take Chubb 4. You've got the best RB corp in football, you've got book end legit pass rushers , you've got a solid QB, you've got solid wideouts, you've got a decent OL. You're a playoff team

Those arent the 2 biggest difference makers. They need to take a QB at 1.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those arent the 2 biggest difference makers. They need to take a QB at 1.
Projected? They absolutely unequivocally are. There's not a QB in the top 15

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is going to go a long way towards deciding how they are this year IMO. They have tons of early picks and there are some major impact guys to be had.

I'll say this - I like Tyrod Taylor a lot more than Dak Prescott. He and Zeke came into Dallas as rookies and turned them from a team winning 4 games in 2015 to a team with 13 wins in 2016. If Cleveland does land someone like Barkley, teams him up with Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson, and then Tyrod with Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry, this offense can be really scary. Couple that with a very talented defense - when they're healthy - and I think 10 wins is very possible.

Taylor/Prescott...I don't share that opinion, but you're not the only one that feels that way I'm sure.

I'll say this...you're pushing the envelope for the 2018 season with 10 wins, but as a Browns fan I understand your enthusiasm. They're finally making some moves that make sense...imagine if they still had Mack and Thomas.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 10 games with Derek Anderson at QB. They can do it with a way more talented team this year along with what could be a bit of a down year in the AFC North. Just having Tyrod last year would've probably been the difference between 0-16 and 5-11 or better. With all the improvements they made this year, I am expecting no worse than 7-9, but 10 wins is far from outlandish.

People were pretty optimistic about the Browns last offseason too I remember some people saying they were going to have a top 5 O-line and people loved all the weapons. Tyrods best season doesn't come close the season Anderson had that year and he's in a new offense with a really shitty HC. They should play Tyrod until they're eliminated from the playoffs(probably week 11 or 12) then play whatever QB they draft unless its Josh Allen who needs to sit and learn for at least 2 seasons.

Last edited:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor/Prescott...I don't share that opinion, but you're not the only one that feels that way I'm sure.

I'll say this...you're pushing the envelope for the 2018 season with 10 wins, but as a Browns fan I understand your enthusiasm. They're finally making some moves that make sense...imagine if they still had Mack and Thomas.
I don't think Taylor is near as versatile as Dak but Barkley is way more versatile than Zeke and Cleveland will likely have a better D this year than Dallas did in 16 although it's close. I think people are really underestimating just how bad the Browns QB play was last year. Taylor while not great is probably the biggest upgrade made by any team at any position on either side of the ball this off-season

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm curious what you like about Prescott? He's 2 season in and he's still being told who to throw to from the sidelines. Tyrod may not have the big play ability he has, but at least he goes through his progressions and can identify the open target.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious what you like about Prescott? He's 2 season in and he's still being told who to throw to from the sidelines. Tyrod may not have the big play ability he has, but at least he goes through his progressions and can identify the open target.
yes sir:nod::nod::nod:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projected? They absolutely unequivocally are. There's not a QB in the top 15

No they arent. A QB will always be a bigger difference maker than a RB.

I would agree Barkley (with Nelson) is one of the 2 best prospects but there are some very good QB prospects as well and thats worth a lot more.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree Barkley (with Nelson) is one of the 2 best prospects but there are some very good QB prospects as well and thats worth a lot more.
amen

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A great QB sure. There aren't any of those in this draft

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Taylor is near as versatile as Dak but Barkley is way more versatile than Zeke and Cleveland will likely have a better D this year than Dallas did in 16 although it's close. I think people are really underestimating just how bad the Browns QB play was last year. Taylor while not great is probably the biggest upgrade made by any team at any position on either side of the ball this off-season

The Browns won't have nearly the OL that Zeke ran behind. Hubbard earned his keep as a swing OT in PIT, but really should be playing right where he's starter material...if they try to plant him at LT...mistake imo. Not real comfy with their C, but

Yeah, somehow I saw more than a few Browns games LY and I agree...QB play was awful, expected with a raw rookie running the show. But imo, the DEF is not quite where people think it is...especially on the road.

If Taylor was more accomplished, I could see a bigger leap in the win column this year, but I do agree he could be the biggest off season acquisition. He won't turn the ball over nearly as much, but I'm not sure he's willing to challenge DEF downfield enough.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns won't have nearly the OL that Zeke ran behind. Hubbard earned his keep as a swing OT in PIT, but really should be playing right where he's starter material...if they try to plant him at LT...mistake imo. Not real comfy with their C, but

Yeah, somehow I saw more than a few Browns games LY and I agree...QB play was awful, expected with a raw rookie running the show. But imo, the DEF is not quite where people think it is...especially on the road.

If Taylor was more accomplished, I could see a bigger leap in the win column this year, but I do agree he could be the biggest off season acquisition. He won't turn the ball over nearly as much, but I'm not sure he's willing to challenge DEF downfield enough.
i believe hes the most accurate deep ball in the league

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great QB sure. There aren't any of those in this draft

Same shit people say every year and there is very rarely a year with no good QBs