• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns should take Chubb and Barkley

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla would have convinced itself Reggie Bush > Mario Williams probably
No, but some of us remember the degenerates like you that thought it was nonconformist to draft a little pass catching punt returner at 1.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its weird seeing an Eagles fan and a Falcons fan talk about drafting an elite RB when they went out of their way to get their QB in rd1 and don't have elite running backs drafted from rd1.

I'm not saying these fans are wrong but those are the last two NFC representatives in the Super Bowl, too. Recent history is strongly pointing towards taking a QB.
A good one, if available, sure.

The Eagles could have drafted Zeke and won the Super Bowl with Bradford/Foles. The coaching and defense were the primary factors in winning it. (Although Wentz did help greatly with the overall mindset, sort of like the Fournettification of the Jaguars.)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they could've done just as well or better with any other RB taken last year. Fournette did nothing to set himself apart. He is a really good RB, but there are a lot of really good RBs. Hunt in the 3rd would've brought them right where they were last year, if not further.
I call bullshit. You only saw Hunt on a terrific Chiefs offense in the masterful Reid system. Fournette was not given those massive benefits.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too often a team has the opportunity to get the 2 biggest difference makers in the same draft. The Browns have a great great shot to do just that. Tyrod Taylor is at worst a bridge , at best a serviceable solid QB for the next 4-5 years. You've got just as good a shot at hitting on a QB late first or early second as you do top 10. Why risk a question mark at 1 or 4 if you don't need to?? Take Barkley 1 so the Giants don't pick him, take Chubb 4. You've got the best RB corp in football, you've got book end legit pass rushers , you've got a solid QB, you've got solid wideouts, you've got a decent OL. You're a playoff team
QB is too important a position to pass up. They'll go QB and Barkley with those picks is my bet.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory I like this idea, as it probably nets the browns the best 2 players in the draft, but odds are 1 of the QB's will turn out to be very good. Plus the browns actually might not suck as bad as they have the last 2 years and win like 4 games so they won't have the #1 pick again next year, in a worse QB draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chubb is a lock perennial pro bowler personally. I can't say tgat about any of the qbs. I like Mayfield best by a wide margin but I'm still not sure he's a too 15 talent in this draft. I think if you just the top 30 guys in this draft regardless of position there probably isn't a QB in the top 15-20.
I think your opinion is definitely an outlier but if thats the case then the Giants are going to draft Chubb and this is all moot

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How drunk is your argument right now man, lol
Let's recap.

You think you are different and special for advocating taking a QB no matter what the actual player evaluation shows.

That's lazy, conformist and shows your inability to discern and process information effectively.

Smarter people and the recent facts both demonstrate otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think you are different and special for advocating taking a QB no matter what the actual player evaluation shows.

Ahem, pardon the rudeness:

Hey idiot, you realize I was advocating the Browns pick Myles Garrett, right?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory I like this idea, as it probably nets the browns the best 2 players in the draft, but odds are 1 of the QB's will turn out to be very good. Plus the browns actually might not suck as bad as they have the last 2 years and win like 4 games so they won't have the #1 pick again next year, in a worse QB draft.
How can it be worse?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current big boards from the draft 'experts'

Mayock: Barkley #1 overall, Chubb #3 overall, Darnold #7 overall
Walterfootball: Barkley #1 overall, Chubb #3 overall, Darnold #4 overall
CBS: Barkley #6 overall, Chubb #1 overall, Darnold #22 overall
Daniel Jeremiah: Barkley #1, Chubb #4 overall, Darnold #6 overall
Drafttek: Barkley #2, Chubb #3 overall, Darnold #1 overall

Barkley's average: 2.2
Chubb's average: 2.8
Darnold's average: 8

If you throw out CBS (who has Rudolph as their top QB) then the experts think these guys are all pretty close together. Me? I get the reluctance with Darnold but the experts seem to all think that he should be in play for #1 except CBS

LOL, has CBS updated their rankings since the season ended? That site has been a mess this year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was kind of the thing about failing to get one of the top QB's in the last draft- you still suck if your 2nd round flier in Kizer sucked, and he did. May as well guarantee yourself a true 1:1 worthy passrusher. All the other stuff with Mahomes, Watson, and Trubisky can be debated until the end of time, but this scenario where they got the #4 pick with that trade down hardly sucks at all.

Doing the same for a RB instead of an edgerusher is insane.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think New Orleans is a guaranteed L. Oakland, TB, and Denver, those are beatable teams. Houston is a wildcard as it depends on Watson. If he's healthy, Cleveland loses. If he's not, Cleveland wins.

Chargers are very beatable (our only win in the last 2 years). KC/ATL/CAR are all tough teams, I think we're lucky to go 2-1 there, 1-2 more likely.

It's really all going to come down to Hue Jackson. I'm hoping that, now that he has some legitimate talent to use, he shows what he's made of as a coach. If we go 5-11, I think he's gone.

Road...I would put the number of Ws at 2 max this season, I can see them beating Tampa (if they don't end up with Barkley) and I'd love to see them knock off BAL & CIN.

Home...split...4.

If I were to put a number on the season right now...top side 6-10, but I would probably bet 5-11. FWIW, I do think Hue is gone at 5-11 because the GMs want to go down with their own hire and that would be his opportunity to make the change.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call bullshit. You only saw Hunt on a terrific Chiefs offense in the masterful Reid system. Fournette was not given those massive benefits.
LOL Jacksonville had a better OL last year than KC did. I'd also say it's an awfully big coincidence that after 12 seasons in the NFL, Alex Smith busts out and has his best year ever by far in Hunt's rookie year.

It's also not like Hunt was just as good as Fournette - he was better than Fournette in every way by a wide margin. Jacksonville ran the ball more than any team in the NFL last year and Fournette delivered 3.9 YPC - and if you take out the 90 yard run he had, he averaged 3.5 YPC for the year. Hunt averaged 4.9. The argument that he's at the very least just as good as Fournette is fair.