• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns should take Chubb and Barkley

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too often a team has the opportunity to get the 2 biggest difference makers in the same draft. The Browns have a great great shot to do just that. Tyrod Taylor is at worst a bridge , at best a serviceable solid QB for the next 4-5 years. You've got just as good a shot at hitting on a QB late first or early second as you do top 10. Why risk a question mark at 1 or 4 if you don't need to?? Take Barkley 1 so the Giants don't pick him, take Chubb 4. You've got the best RB corp in football, you've got book end legit pass rushers , you've got a solid QB, you've got solid wideouts, you've got a decent OL. You're a playoff team

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley should be #1 because the Giants are a risk to take him at #2. Barkley is hands down the best player in the draft (along with Nelson) and it's not really close. This draft class is actually pretty weak overall.

As for #4 overall... Rosen, Darnold, Allen... whatever. All 3 are a crap shoot. I don't see any one of them as an insane standout. Chubb is more of a balanced player than a pure pass rusher, and Cleveland was already #7 against the run and #14 defense overall and that's with Garrett as a rookie. Yes they traded Shelton but that's only because Ogunjobi is there who is on par run defense wise and has a higher ceiling. Their offense meanwhile was bottom 10 in the league, so if anything I'd give the nod towards a QB at this point.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley should be #1 because the Giants are a risk to take him at #2. Barkley is hands down the best player in the draft (along with Nelson) and it's not really close. This draft class is actually pretty weak overall.

As for #4 overall... Rosen, Darnold, Allen... whatever. All 3 are a crap shoot. I don't see any one of them as an insane standout. Chubb is more of a balanced player than a pure pass rusher, and Cleveland was already #7 against the run and #14 defense overall and that's with Garrett as a rookie. Yes they traded Shelton but that's only because Ogunjobi is there who is on par run defense wise and has a higher ceiling. Their offense meanwhile was bottom 10 in the league, so if anything I'd give the nod towards a QB at this point.
Then take Nelson at 4. Barkley , Chubb, Nelson are the only 3 can't miss guys in this draft imo. You can package your 2s and move back up if there's a need for a QB ( which I don't think there is ). Tyrod is 28 years old

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then take Nelson at 4. Barkley , Chubb, Nelson are the only e can't miss guys in this draft imo. You can package your 2s and move back up if there's a need for a QB ( which I don't think there is ). Tyrod is 28 years old

They have zero need for a guard... I don't consider Chubb can't miss, and a QB fills a huge value need on a team that hasn't really had a decent one in the modern era. Regardless, Chubb/Barkley makes more sense than Nelson/Barkley. Chubb is a better prospect than any of the QBs positional wise, but the latter provides far more value on a team that desperately requires offensive direction.

I mean it's a toss up. My point is if the Browns don't walk away with Barkley... :L

Kind of see it being Julio Jones all over again.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too often a team has the opportunity to get the 2 biggest difference makers in the same draft. The Browns have a great great shot to do just that. Tyrod Taylor is at worst a bridge , at best a serviceable solid QB for the next 4-5 years. You've got just as good a shot at hitting on a QB late first or early second as you do top 10. Why risk a question mark at 1 or 4 if you don't need to?? Take Barkley 1 so the Giants don't pick him, take Chubb 4. You've got the best RB corp in football, you've got book end legit pass rushers , you've got a solid QB, you've got solid wideouts, you've got a decent OL. You're a playoff team
I agree with you. None of the top 4 QB's seem like a sure thing. Cleveland has a history of busts at QB. Chubb, Barkely or Nelson would be nice. 2 of them would be huge.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting an RB is like drafting a DH over a CF’er

I agree... but there's really just no better option and there's tons of QBs that are all kind of the same that are bound to be there at #4... if anything Barkley helps your QB grow and develop.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting an RB is like drafting a DH over a CF’er
I don't disagree IF you know both are going to be great. If you can draft Edgar Martinez instead of Doug Glanville it's different

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you fall in love with a QB you should take him first. Period...

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which rumor has it... is Josh Allen. And oooooh boy... lol.
People on places like this will lol at the browns no matter which qb they choose.

At the end of the day we won't know if they're right for several years, so I say why not give them a chance? This is a new GM and the worst can't possibly not be over at this point. Give 'em a clean slate.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People on places like this will lol at the browns no matter which qb they choose.

At the end of the day we won't know if they're right for several years, so I say why not give them a chance? This is a new GM and the worst can't possibly not be over at this point. Give 'em a clean slate.
That's the other problem with swongobg and missing on a QB. Any other position you can cut bait early and it's not a big deal. With QBS you are 3 years committed before you can admit you're wrong. If you LOVE a guy them you take him at 1. If you aren't sure you take the sure thing.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that the Browns don't have a strong preference at QB is very hard to believe...
That doesn't mean they love any of them though. Missing on a QB in the top 5 is basically a 5 year playoff drought sentence if not longer and you've really only got a 50/50 shot of getting it right and that's if you know what you're doing when it comes to quarterbacks

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean they love any of them though. Missing on a QB in the top 5 is basically a 5 year playoff drought sentence if not longer and you've really only got a 50/50 shot of getting it right and that's if you know what you're doing when it comes to quarterbacks
Why should they "love" Barkley... He hasn't played an NFL down either while we're at it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Until you have the QB position solved you have to aggressively look for ways to address it.

If you're waiting around for the perfect QB prospect you'll be waiting around for a while and because the Browns have been gun-shy about picking a QB it's lead them into the mess they've been in. They had the chance to draft Wentz and Watson the past two years and I'm sure they would've loved to have either one right now.