• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 Draft Thread

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind go back to sleep.........

Trolling will get you banned.

Your another one here that ruins ever thread......

Go back to talking tanking or Claypool its your specialty......
Run forest run. Run to Houston and follow their blueprint even though they have completely different needs. Makes perfect sense

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are ranked currently 6th according to CBS sports at the wr position.....
I think we could make it a top 2 with another wr at 9 or just a small trade down wr.....

They dont list the tight end position in this ranking,but even still,I tend yo think we should be top 10 or lower.....

Poles is getting CW off to a great start thats for sure.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run forest run. Run to Houston and follow their blueprint even though they have completely different needs. Makes perfect sense

Bears pretty much already started that trend before the Texans,but added Diggs to an already very good wr corps........theres nothing wrong by getting one more wr......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an updated Top 100 list from Yahoo Sports:

Didn't bother counting, but just glancing at the list overall, it sure looks stacked with OL and WR, with the CB spot leading the defensive side.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears Wire has the team's units ranking from worst to best going into this month's draft:

They have QB as our worst unit and biggest need, but of course we know this will be instantly addressed when the first name is called by the Commish. Interestingly enough, the next worst two groups, also with the biggest needs are DT & DE. Will the 9th pick (or trade back) resolve this for at least one of those positions?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be posting some still-too-early mocks in the coming days with various combinations as to who we take. They'll all be based on the four picks we have, with no trades involved. This is mainly because pretty much any trade Poles pulls off, whether it's trading down or up, will not be determined until draft day itself. We can speculate which teams could possibly be candidates for such trades, along with the draft or player capital involved, but I'll likely just stick to the four existing picks. Let's get 'er goin'!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock Draft #1:

1. Caleb Williams, QB - Duh
9. Rome Odunze, WR/Malik Nabers, WR - both could be gone by 9, Odunze more likely to still be on the board
75. Chris Braswell, DE/Edge - Roll Tide! Might be better suited for a 3-4, but the man's got some hitch in his giddyap and is a sack machine
122. Beaux Limmer, C - Not sure he'll last until 122, but if so, he'd make for a solid future starter at the position

Alternative for Braswell: Bralen Trice, DE - one word describes this guy's play: relentless; great production, especially this past season
Alternative for Limmer: Tanor Bortolini, C - very athletic, only one sack allowed in 868 snaps his final year, better chance of being there at 122

These are my BPA choices for this initial mock. While Williams will be #1 in all my drafts, I'll be mixing it up with the other three picks.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are ranked currently 6th according to CBS sports at the wr position.....
I think we could make it a top 2 with another wr at 9 or just a small trade down wr.....

They dont list the tight end position in this ranking,but even still,I tend yo think we should be top 10 or lower.....

Poles is getting CW off to a great start thats for sure.....
Or.....Bowers?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or.....Bowers?
I kinda have Bowers as a true X factor in our draft. Technically, there's no need for him being we have two solid, pass catching TEs already. But notice I said 'technically', which doesn't necessarily coincide with reality. We can't overlook his immense talent and it would be silly to criticize Poles, who always goes BPA with his picks, if he does take him at 9.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda have Bowers as a true X factor in our draft. Technically, there's no need for him being we have two solid, pass catching TEs already. But notice I said 'technically', which doesn't necessarily coincide with reality. We can't overlook his immense talent and it would be silly to criticize Poles, who always goes BPA with his picks, if he does take him at 9.
Just messing with Wood. He took Bowers at#9 in the FF mock draft we are in on here.

Next year you gotta get in on this. I can remind you. Couple guys had to take 2 teams and a guy dropped out late last night after attending funeral.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @Lake Shore Drive you down? A Browns fan may be dropping out of the mock draft.
Thanks buddy, maybe next year. The better half and I will be doing some travelling in the coming months, even into the NFL season. So maybe '25 will be the time to start. Thanks again.

Reactions: DJ

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, i have seen way too many mocks....
An interesting mock had the Steelers trading Russell Wilson to the Raiders.
Gosh I've only seen about two or three.....hundred. But WTF, it's fun to come up with various scenarios, and honestly with only 4 picks in this draft, at least so far, it's easier running up the possibilities for our Bears.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock Draft #2:

This mock features Poles going DE/Edge with the #9 pick:

1. Caleb Williams, QB - Duh, the sequel
9. Dallas Turner, Edge/OLB - He'll likely be gone by the 9th, but if he's there, we're getting one of the fastest, most athletic Edges in the draft
75. Devontez Walker, WR - Fast, fluid X type WR; production tailed off the back half of last season, but no denying that speed and explosiveness
122. Beaux Limmer, C - Sticking with the Limmer/Bortolini options from Mock #1 for our long term center need.

Alternative for Turner: Jared Verse, DE/Edge - not as twitchy fast as Turner, but stronger at stopping the run, just a solid all around game
Alternative for Turner: Laitu Latu, DE/Edge - Old injuries cost him the title of best DE/Edge in this draft, but it's been 2 years since those injuries
Alternative for Walker: Brenden Rice, WR - Descended from football royalty, good size & catch radius, nice RAC talent
Alternative for Walker: Ja'Lynn Polk, WR - Similar good size, catch radius and RAC talent to Rice - either alternative WR would work here
Alternative for Limmer: Tanor Bortolini, C - See Mock #1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock Draft #3 - The OL edition:

This mock features Poles going OL with the #9 pick:

1. Caleb Williams, QB - Duh III
9. Joe Alt, OT - Chances of Alt being there at the 9th are all but zilch, but I suppose stranger things have happened
75. Kris Jenkins, DT - Great NFL lineage, strong push and holds his ground well; also not likely to be there at this spot, but if he is, grab him
122. Luke McCaffrey, WR - Christian's baby bro, which might raise his draft stock, a solid route runner with great hands

Alternative for Alt: Olu Fashuna, OT - Considered by most to be the #2 ranked OT, athletic, great arm length, adept at both run/pass blocking
Alternative for Alt: Graham Barton, OL - Exited college as an OT, but can play all OL positions, projected for the NFL as a C or G
Alternative for Alt: JC Latham, OT - Massive RT who wants to switch to LT, great arm length, incredibly fast for his size
Alternative for Jenkins: Brandone Fiske, DT - Big, fast, explosive - three nice words to describe his play, seems like a solid 3 technique
Alternative for Jenkins: Ruke Orhorhoro, DT - Very similar to Fiske in talent and stats, pretty good chance he'll be there at 75
Alternative for Johnson: Cornelius Johnson, WR - Jenkins' fellow Wolverine, tall, strong, good blocking skills, known for contested catches

Barton and Latham are probably better candidates for Poles to select after a trade back, as both might be considered reaches at 9.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock Draft #2:

This mock features Poles going DE/Edge with the #9 pick:

1. Caleb Williams, QB - Duh, the sequel
9. Dallas Turner, Edge/OLB - He'll likely be gone by the 9th, but if he's there, we're getting one of the fastest, most athletic Edges in the draft
75. Devontez Walker, WR - Fast, fluid X type WR; production tailed off the back half of last season, but no denying that speed and explosiveness
122. Beaux Limmer, C - Sticking with the Limmer/Bortolini options from Mock #1 for our long term center need.

Alternative for Turner: Jared Verse, DE/Edge - not as twitchy fast as Turner, but stronger at stopping the run, just a solid all around game
Alternative for Turner: Laitu Latu, DE/Edge - Old injuries cost him the title of best DE/Edge in this draft, but it's been 2 years since those injuries
Alternative for Walker: Brenden Rice, WR - Descended from football royalty, good size & catch radius, nice RAC talent
Alternative for Walker: Ja'Lynn Polk, WR - Similar good size, catch radius and RAC talent to Rice - either alternative WR would work here
Alternative for Limmer: Tanor Bortolini, C - See Mock #1

Look out for Javon Baker (6-1 202lbs) if he falls to #75

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the draft plays out like this, we're sitting pretty at 9:

Not just because the suggested pick is for Odunze, who is my personal choice, but look at the two selected before him. The Titans taking Alt, the Falcons going with Turner. So the key here if all three are still on the board when Tennessee's on the clock, we're guaranteed one of these players. I would also substitute Nabers for Odunze if that's how the draft fell, but overall, these are my keeper picks. The only question then is whether Poles opts to trade back despite one of them there for the taking or if he chooses another player altogether (Fashanu?).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, passing on either Odunze or Turner is bad enough, but passing on both? Imposserous!!!

9. Bears — Penn State OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu

Poles is an offensive lineman and isn’t done rebuilding that unit. Drafting Fashanu could finish that project — and he’s a longtime friend with Williams, his teammate in high school.

10. Falcons (projected trade with Jets) — Alabama DE Dallas Turner

While the Falcons’ offense looks strong, they’re below average defensively and specifically in their pass rush.

11. Chargers (projected trade with Vikings) — Washington WR Rome Odunze

The Chargers offloaded wide receivers Keenan Allen — to the Bears — and Mike Williams, so this is a priority.

I'll say it again, imposserous!!!