• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 Draft Thread

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Texans are gonna be all-in by adding another wr in trading for Diggs......

Im actually 100% in on the best wr or Bowers at 9 now.....

CDub plays close to what Stroud did last season with the team we have set up for him,next season is gonna be even better.........
We will have a nice offense built around him to ladt awhile.....maybe even the best offense we ever had.....especially at wr.

You're 100% in on the best WR now because of what the Texans did? You want to draft a TE?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're 100% in on the best WR now because of what the Texans did? You want to draft a TE?
Texans seem to be all-in on that team.....I like what they are doing down there.

Theres no reason to think that what they are doing is wrong.....
I like what they got going on......
They got that 1000 yd rb in Mixon......we got Swift.
They got Diggs.....we got Allen.
They have a nice wr corps.....we do now,but will be better with either one of the top wrs or Bowers if he is there......

Damn fickle Bears fans:

Bitch because we didnt give JF enough talent to succeed,but yet when we try to get it right on offense so a new fan-dangled rookie comes in so we have no questions next season on the offensive side of the ball,Bear fans wanna bitch about it.....

Lets try to get this right for once.......Texans are doing it right.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see the Bears staying at 9. Especially if one of the first round type qb's are still undrafted.
Yeah, I think the Bears best chance at maxing out on any trade back capital is if one of the top 4 QBs remains on the board at 9. Doesn't mean Poles won't have an opportunity to trade if another position is involved. but I do think our best shot is if some team behind us has its eyes on a QB.

The positive flip side to this is if there are 4 QBs taken before we're on the clock, that helps our chances of getting a top blue chip prospect.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets try to get this right for once.......Texans are doing it right.
That was a solid trade for the Texans, making their already strong receiving corps that much better. They're solidifying their grip on their division and positioning themselves for a deep run in the playoffs.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a solid trade for the Texans, making their already strong receiving corps that much better. They're solidifying their grip on their division and positioning themselves for a deep run in the playoffs.
Im hoping we get a lot of what Stroud did last season from CDub this season,and with what we have picked up thru freeagency this year,trade and a no.9 pick......damn we can be looking great.

With a schedule that favors us this season,last seasons def should be able to keep us in games to where our offense can get us the wins we need....
Next season Id be all-in for defense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These seem to be the most predicted 1 & 9 choices for the Bears:

1. Bears (via Panthers) — USC QB Caleb Williams

The sense at the NFL’s annual meeting— both from people inside and outside the Bears — was that Williams coming to Chicago had become inevitable. He visited Halas Hall on Wednesday.

9. Bears — Washington WR Rome Odunze

The Bears could extend both DJ Moore and fellow receiver Keenan Allen in the next few months. Odunze, who visited Halas Hall on Thursday, can learn under them.

In this mock, which seems to be the most copied these days, it has the Giants taking Malik Nabers at 6, the Titans taking Joe Alt at 7, and the Falcons grabbing Dallas Turner at 8, leaving Odunze there for us at 9. Of course drafts often throw everyone a curveball, and many of those within the first 5 or 6 picks, so nothing here is etched in stone. But this does seem to be the most common predictions relative to the top 10.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans seem to be all-in on that team.....I like what they are doing down there.

Theres no reason to think that what they are doing is wrong.....
I like what they got going on......
They got that 1000 yd rb in Mixon......we got Swift.
They got Diggs.....we got Allen.
They have a nice wr corps.....we do now,but will be better with either one of the top wrs or Bowers if he is there......
One tiny bit of difference being the Texans already has a sure thing QB, we do not. No one knows what CW will be.

I am very optimistic on CW. However his arrogance gives me major pause.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One tiny bit of difference being the Texans already has a sure thing QB, we do not. No one knows what CW will be.

I am very optimistic on CW. However his arrogance gives me major pause.
Who knows what he is gonna bring to the table,but if he delivers as advertised,we are back in business.......no reason to leave questions unanswered like JF.....
POles is doing his best to not let this happen again.....

Go Bears!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping we get a lot of what Stroud did last season from CDub this season,and with what we have picked up thru freeagency this year,trade and a no.9 pick......damn we can be looking great.

With a schedule that favors us this season,last seasons def should be able to keep us in games to where our offense can get us the wins we need....
Next season Id be all-in for defense.
Well, unless Poles uses any of our '25 picks for this draft, we're presently set for 9 of them next year. And I'm ready to make a semi-bold prediction. After the Bears somewhat successful season this year (maybe even the playoffs), we'll lose current Asst GM Ian Cunningham to another team. That in turn will land us a supplemental 3rd round pick in the '25 & '26 drafts. So Poles should have plenty of picks to choose from for that defense!

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what he is gonna bring to the table,but if he delivers as advertised,we are back in business.......no reason to leave questions unanswered like JF.....
POles is doing his best to not let this happen again.....

Go Bears!!
But your suggestion of following the Texans blueprint even though we don’t have a sure thing QB is akin to putting the cart before the horse. It’s easy to build around a QB when you have a good one.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think Poles is going to end up with another olineman from that second pick. Whether he trades back or selects one of the OTs at 9, I think he’s going to want to shore up the oline as much as possible. I think this draft needs to be about ending the QB curse. And if he can come away with great Center and OT prospects, Caleb Williams will have great protection. He’s already got plenty weapons to throw to and I have heard Waldron likes using 2 WR 2TE sets.

Having said that, I would be happy with pretty much any DE, WR, or OL Poles comes away with.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But your suggestion of following the Texans blueprint even though we don’t have a sure thing QB is akin to putting the cart before the horse. It’s easy to build around a QB when you have a good one.
Bears already put certain pieces into place,alas Allen and Swift....
Im pretty sure they were not thinking Houston when they got those pieces,especially being Diggs was just traded for yesterday......

It was just a thought lets do what the Texans have done,add more weapons to an offense that already has Collins,Dell,Shcultz......now add Diggs to the mix,thats one potent O right there.......

And so why wait to see what CDub can do,when we have not developed a qb since McMahon.....??
I dont expect Caleb to be Stroud his first year anyways,but I sure hope he proves to be better than any rookie qb we have ever had.....and we wont be answering questions on why did we not get more help for him.....

The offensive side of the ball very well could be in place....lets get that def rolling next season.
You cant fix it all in one season.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive side of the ball very well could be in place....lets get that def rolling next season.
You cant fix it all in one season.....
Until you have an oline, you don't have an offense.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True,very true,no denying that........about time you started making sense around here....
and yet you want to take the Houston blueprint and get a Diggs type of player…? Ok. You make sense.
I’ve been calling for improvements on both the dline and oline while everybody else wants wrs like forever.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet you want to take the Houston blueprint and get a Diggs type of player…? Ok. You make sense.
I’ve been calling for improvements on both the dline and oline while everybody else wants wrs like forever.
No....you just call for tanking.......you have never put any input into this board......

Im surprised you are even talking sense for once.....keep it up and let the Claypool trade and tanking go.......

You are starting to come around.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of ghese teams has some great tes to go along with them......and yet you want to take the Houston blueprint and get a Diggs type of player…? Ok. You make sense.
Have you see what GB has drafted for a few years now......??
Hows about Minnesota.....??
Miami??
SF??
Add to the fact the tes they have added to the arsenal.

We have no idea if Allen can make a whole season,not too mention if he starts a decline cause of age,we still have that top wr from this years draft......
Is wr a glaring need??....no,but lets get CDub the weapons he needs to start that career off right......

Maybe Poles does go oline or dline,I have no idea,but Im all- in for wr or Bowers.....its definetley not a wrong pick either.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No....you just call for tanking.......you have never put any input into this board......
You want to follow Houston's blueprint of getting Diggs even though we don't have an established QB or an oline. I bring up this glaringly obvious point and you deflect. Well done.

Im surprised you are even talking sense for once.....keep it up and let the Claypool trade and tanking go.......

You are starting to come around.
I don't care if you think i talk football or not.

Have you see what GB has drafted for a few years now......??
Hows about Minnesota.....??
Miami??
SF??
Add to the fact the tes they have added to the arsenal.
We have a TE. His name is Kmet and he was top 10 in TEs last year. Again, you use this idiotic logic of if team X did it, we should too. We're not Miami, SF, GB or Minny. You sound stupid.

We have no idea if Allen can make a whole season,not too mention if he starts a decline cause of age,we still have that top wr from this years draft......
Statistically WRs tend to start the downtrend of their careers at age 30. Allen is 31. I would never give up a 4th for a 31 year old WRs UNLESS we are already superbowl contending team.

Is wr a glaring need??....no,but lets get CDub the weapons he needs to start that career off right......
i prefer oline.

Maybe Poles does go oline or dline,I have no idea,but Im all- in for wr or Bowers.....its definetley not a wrong pick either.
You acknowledge we need oline and yet you still want WR even though it's not a "glaring need". OKay dumb guy.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you have an oline, you don't have an offense.

The Bears have been working quite a bit on our o-line depth this offseason....whether you like the changes or not are up to you.

Our starting 4 (outside of center) is full of serviceable players. (Jones/Jenkins/Davis/Wright)

From the looks of it, they seem to think Ryan Bates is the answer at center.

They've also signed 3 depth pieces in Pryor/Shelton/Curhan.

Unless we trade down, I think it's probable we draft only 1...and possibly no olinemen.

It is what it is Genius.

Read the f*cking tea leaves.

Alt falling to 9 is your best shot for an impact o-lineman.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to follow Houston's blueprint of getting Diggs even though we don't have an established QB or an oline. I bring up this glaringly obvious point and you deflect. Well done.

I don't care if you think i talk football or not.

We have a TE. His name is Kmet and he was top 10 in TEs last year. Again, you use this idiotic logic of if team X did it, we should too. We're not Miami, SF, GB or Minny. You sound stupid.

Statistically WRs tend to start the downtrend of their careers at age 30. Allen is 31. I would never give up a 4th for a 31 year old WRs UNLESS we are already superbowl contending team.

i prefer oline.

You acknowledge we need oline and yet you still want WR even though it's not a "glaring need". OKay dumb guy.
Never mind go back to sleep.........

Trolling will get you banned.

Your another one here that ruins ever thread......

Go back to talking tanking or Claypool its your specialty......