• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stefon Diggs traded to the Texans

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs wants to be on the open market and Buffalo is getting relief from cap hell. WR & RB are both more easily replaced.

really isn't much more than this

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lifelong Buffalo Bills fan, here's my thoughts on the issue:

Stefan Diggs was a productive player for the Bills for the last four seasons. I have nothing against the man. He will be missed on the roster.

Was I surprised he was traded away? Not the slightest. We all know he was unhappy with the Bills organization for the last two seasons. We saw it on the sidelines. We saw it with the media and social media reports. Diggs wanted the ball more. Allen being Allen -- he likes the spread the ball out to everybody -- probably didn't sit well with him, along with the Bills discovering a running attack under Joe Brady.

My only issue with the trade is the lopsided nature. Bills get the Vikings 2nd Round pick for 2025, Texans get Diggs, 2025 5th round pick, and 2024 6th round pick.

What the trade does do, is really ties the Bills hands to picking a WR with their first pick in the upcoming draft. I do not believe for one second Curtis Samuel from the Commanders is a true #1 wide receiver. Khalil Shakir played extraordinarily well in the absence of Gabriel Davis last season. I think he's going to have a big season, barring any injuries.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the trade does do, is really ties the Bills hands to picking a WR with their first pick in the upcoming draft. I do not believe for one second Curtis Samuel from the Commanders is a true #1 wide receiver. Khalil Shakir played extraordinarily well in the absence of Gabriel Davis last season. I think he's going to have a big season, barring any injuries.
Well, if they're gonna be in the draft market for a new #1 WR, at least they chose a year where there should be a candidate, even as far back as they're picking this year. The deepest WR group ever.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if they're gonna be in the draft market for a new #1 WR, at least they chose a year where there should be a candidate, even as far back as they're picking this year. The deepest WR group ever.
We could see 22 WRs taken in the first three rounds. It is indeed, extremely deep. I think the Bills should take at least 2 WRs to be honest.

MHJ, Nabers, and Odunze will probably cost them too much. I think BTJ, Mitchell, Worthy, Franklin, and McConkey are more within their grasp. The Bills gave up a lot with Sammy Watkins, and he turned into an injury prone dud -- hate to see them trying that again.

espn said yesterday it,s basically a one year deal.no player i s worth that.
That was an interesting twist to the whole deal. The Texans were basically signaling that this was a trial and error type of deal. They know he wanted out of Minnesota and Buffalo, because he didn't like the number of touches he received. Stroud comes across as a "share the wealth" type of person.

I perfectly understand why the Bills took a salary hit with the deal -- less drama, more opportunity to other guys to shine, and gives Allen the ability to get a true deep threat guy.

The Bills are still the kings of the AFC East. Their goal should be beating the Chiefs and Bengals in the postseason. If you look at the Bills last season, they were able to get the 2nd seed in the AFC, despite a depleted linebacker and secondary and having offensive issues with Ken Dorsey.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs wanted the ball more. Allen being Allen -- he likes the spread the ball out to everybody -- probably didn't sit well with him, along with the Bills discovering a running attack under Joe Brady.
I agree on the Joe Brady part towards the end of last season but I think that was a case of trying to limit mistakes from Josh Allen. The other part I'm not sold on though. Diggs was the second most targeted receiver in the league over the 4 seasons in Buffalo averaging 160 per season over that span which is exactly what he had last season. The "wanting the ball more" schtick just doesn't fly for me. He is likely to get far fewer targets now with the Texans as they have 3 other very reliable targets already.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the Joe Brady part towards the end of last season but I think that was a case of trying to limit mistakes from Josh Allen. The other part I'm not sold on though. Diggs was the second most targeted receiver in the league over the 4 seasons in Buffalo averaging 160 per season over that span which is exactly what he had last season. The "wanting the ball more" schtick just doesn't fly for me. He is likely to get far fewer targets now with the Texans as they have 3 other very reliable targets already.

It's Diggs' perception that he needed the ball more, with all 5 of his 100 yard games mid October or earlier last season.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Diggs' perception that he needed the ball more, with all 5 of his 100 yard games mid October or earlier last season.
Correct. Diggs constantly wanted more. When the organization wanted to make the offense more balanced -- more focus on running the football, less pressure on Allen -- Diggs' complaining started to increase.

Joe Brady was brought in because the Bills' offense consistently stalled in the second half and Ken Dorsey's offensive schemes were vanilla and predictable. They needed a new face in order to jump start the offense. Brady not only brought the offense make to life, but the team developed a strong running game identity with James Cook

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lifelong Buffalo Bills fan, here's my thoughts on the issue:

Stefan Diggs was a productive player for the Bills for the last four seasons. I have nothing against the man. He will be missed on the roster.

Was I surprised he was traded away? Not the slightest. We all know he was unhappy with the Bills organization for the last two seasons. We saw it on the sidelines. We saw it with the media and social media reports. Diggs wanted the ball more. Allen being Allen -- he likes the spread the ball out to everybody -- probably didn't sit well with him, along with the Bills discovering a running attack under Joe Brady.

My only issue with the trade is the lopsided nature. Bills get the Vikings 2nd Round pick for 2025, Texans get Diggs, 2025 5th round pick, and 2024 6th round pick.

As a Vikings fan who is quite familiar with Diggs, let me sum it up for you:

- He's great and productive on the field
- Everything is awesome with that for a few years or so
- He turns into a pita headcase that's not worth dealing with

So far, 2/2 NFL teams he's played for have both come to that same conclusion. The guy never stays happy for very long.