• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson benched

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees on the Wilson / Payton pairing

"It kind of played out the way I thought it would, honestly," Brees told NBC Sports' Mike Florio and Chris Simms. "I think Russell has a skill set and I think Russell is still going to be able to go and have a great rest of his career elsewhere. As I watched them play this year, it didn’t feel like the timing, the rhythm, the tempo that I’m used to seeing in a Sean Payton offense. And I know those are the hallmarks of the offense. That’s the standard that’s been set."

Reactions: LGM

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This stuff is just too funny, but probably true. @Draft Crazy the link is written by a big time Iowa Hawks fan - don't know if you've met him.

The three QBs I can think of who best fit Payton's past offense - would be Baker Mayfield - Bo Nix - and Spencer Rattler (in that order),

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This stuff is just too funny, but probably true. @Draft Crazy the link is written by a big time Iowa Hawks fan - don't know if you've met him.

The three QBs I can think of who best fit Payton's past offense - would be Baker Mayfield - Bo Nix - and Spencer Rattler (in that order),

Haven't met Sayre but have known him for a long time now. We have worked on the same site with draft stuff for Matt Miller in the past

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't met Sayre but have known him for a long time now. We have worked on the same site with draft stuff for Matt Miller in the past
Sayre is excellent .. One of the few Bronco writers that I make a point of reading - he's got a lot of great articles !!

I never heard that about Mayfield and Webb .. great story ... but there was pretty much a snowball's chance in heck Mayfield was becoming a Bronco next year, Webb or no Webb ..

Time to throw in the towel on the chances of landing Baker Mayfield

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sayre is excellent .. One of the few Bronco writers that I make a point of reading - he's got a lot of great articles !!

I never heard that about Mayfield and Webb .. great story ... but there was pretty much a snowball's chance in heck Mayfield was becoming a Bronco next year, Webb or no Webb ..

Time to throw in the towel on the chances of landing Baker Mayfield
Buff fans have their own bad memories of Davis Webb - one year he was going to transfer to play his grad season at CU - he even came to the Spring Game and answered questions like he was a Buff, but he went to Cal.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Mayfield always feeling slighted even when that type of shit is common. You aren't winning a title with Mayfield as your QB unless your roster is absolutely loaded. I would also have a hard time rooting for Mayfield as I just can't stand that guy.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I want Baker Mayfield? Why wouldn’t the Broncos be tired of trying to make hand-me-down QBs of other organizations try to work?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos inform Russ that he's being cut. No surprise here.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adidos Senor - Let's ride.