• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson benched

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So "June designation" doesn't really have anything to do with June but rather an accounting term used?
Correct, with the caveat that any cap space created by the release won't take effect until June 2nd. So he'll be gone, but his cap hit will still be applied.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no . next year what he make is subtracted from that 40 something million . I bet we will see teams getting into a bidding war he played alright this year . if he get 10 million that will get subtracted from what we own. we are not on the hook for all of it from what I seen
We are on the hook for all of it unless there's offset language.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are on the hook for all of it unless there's offset language.
I believe there is, and from what I understand whatever he’s paid next year by his new team is subtracted from what Denver owes him for that year.

So if he signs for $10 million, instead of Denver owing him $37 million they owe him $27 million.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a new sheriff in town but yes you are technically correct . To not do it all the same was hurting him and his team how did it hurt him you say ? he knows teams will look at this as a back biter that only looks out for him .. to win you have to have players around you. Look how brady won all them SB's and still looked out for his team .

This is why I gotten to the point I don't like the NFL . and it is beginning to sour me on the College game as well . no love of the game and way to much team turnover ... I despise the NBA . there is no team what so ever .
You’re always welcome to become a Nuggets fan.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't mess up your team if you are that type of player I am damn glad he is gone F him
You’re glad he’s gone because he was overpaid for his lack of production. Broncos were idiots to give him that contract. No one in his position was going to waive the injury portion of that contract.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a new sheriff in town but yes you are technically correct . To not do it all the same was hurting him and his team how did it hurt him you say ? he knows teams will look at this as a back biter that only looks out for him .. to win you have to have players around you. Look how brady won all them SB's and still looked out for his team .

This is why I gotten to the point I don't like the NFL . and it is beginning to sour me on the College game as well . no love of the game and way to much team turnover ... I despise the NBA . there is no team what so ever .
Brady was married to Gisele Bundchen when he was taking those paycuts. Russ is the bread winner in his relationship. Dude every player in the nfl is trying to maximize their earning potential. There will be a few teams that want Wilson because he’s still productive at the most important position.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was married to Gisele Bundchen when he was taking those paycuts. Russ is the bread winner in his relationship. Dude every player in the nfl is trying to maximize their earning potential. There will be a few teams that want Wilson because he’s still productive at the most important position.
You do get in the end he hurt himself . if you don't that is fine. I am not here to school you. But teams do give a shit if you are about the team you play on . Jeff George II

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re glad he’s gone because he was overpaid for his lack of production. Broncos were idiots to give him that contract. No one in his position was going to waive the injury portion of that contract.
No i am glad he is gone because it is all about him. he gave not one bit about the Broncos ....I want players that love the Rockies and would never move from them .Loves the fans . And wants to be for the winning traditions . He wanted all the pie who cares about the other 51 players .. look if you are greedy you hurt yourself .

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake the snake was 39-15 as the Denver Broncos starter. I’d kill for that right now…
Facts. 2005 Broncos are one of the biggest "what if" questions in the part of my mind where I file sports memories. As simple as what if Jake didn't have the flu the day of that AFCCG. Would the outcome have been different if he was hitting on all cylinders that day? We will never know, of course, and that Steelers team was one of those teams that just got hot at the right time. So who knows? To me it's an inevitable question though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No i am glad he is gone because it is all about him. he gave not one bit about the Broncos ....I want players that love the Rockies and would never move from them .Loves the fans . And wants to be for the winning traditions . He wanted all the pie who cares about the other 51 players .. look if you are greedy you hurt yourself .
Jesus.....someone needs to have a conversation with you about how the real world works. It won't be me, but someone out there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do get in the end he hurt himself . if you don't that is fine. I am not here to school you. But teams do give a shit if you are about the team you play on . Jeff George II
Dude, the NFL is as cut throat as you get. If you're hurt and can't play, or you're not playing up to your contract, they'll cut you in a cold minute. There are hundreds of examples out there. And I call bull shit if you're willing to forgo an additional $37 million like in Wilson's case.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, the NFL is as cut throat as you get. If you're hurt and can't play, or you're not playing up to your contract, they'll cut you in a cold minute. There are hundreds of examples out there. And I call bull shit if you're willing to forgo an additional $37 million like in Wilson's case.
My frustration with fans in general stems from not understanding this, or applying a sense of loyalty to a player they would a family dog, friend or brother. Its not the same. Players are a product, and this is a business like any other. Just like your boss at work might send your wife flowers or attend your funeral, I guarantee you they're talking to HR the next day so your chair doesn't get cold. It is what it is. Ill love Surtain as long as he's a Bronco, and respect him as a player unless he joined a rival. Samevwith Von Miller. But Im a fan of the general product, not a single ingredient.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there is, and from what I understand whatever he’s paid next year by his new team is subtracted from what Denver owes him for that year.

So if he signs for $10 million, instead of Denver owing him $37 million they owe him $27 million.
He'll sign for 1.2 m we'll owe the rest sadly.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll sign for 1.2 m we'll owe the rest sadly.
So Stidham is 5x better? Come on man.

He damn sure won't get 30 million. Maybe a 12-15 million prove it deal at 35 or 36.

There's always the chance too that we don't cut him. He's already costing us money, whats another year? Especially if we draft a qb or Stidham winds up the starter. If he wants out, cool. Rework your contract.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Stidham is 5x better? Come on man.

He damn sure won't get 30 million. Maybe a 12-15 million prove it deal at 35 or 36.

There's always the chance too that we don't cut him. He's already costing us money, whats another year? Especially if we draft a qb or Stidham winds up the starter. If he wants out, cool. Rework your contract.
My point was he/new team could stick it to Denver by not lowering our dead cap number contracts can be written anyway they want.. . If he signs a bigger deal and helps out our cap hit great we'll find out. I think the bridge is 100% burned imo. Do you really want Russ on the team for two years after this talk about ackward.

Last edited:

seanholmes2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Russell Westbrook is on the NBA LA Clippers, they may have a shot at the 2024 Ring. However, the LA Clippers need a strong new power forward to deal with Denver Nuggets player Aaron Gordon.

Attachments

• AaronGordon01.jpg
    AaronGordon01.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 0

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody cares.